No announcement yet.

CB7 Wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newer factory radios require an anti theft code, aftermarket does not. Factory cb radios shouldnt require one.

Comment

most honda radios do require a code after they have been disconnected. not just newer ones.

Member Ride Facebook
      XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
      SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
      For Sale Thread

Comment

Originally posted by UrDoneSRH
        most honda radios do require a code after they have been disconnected. not just newer ones.
        so if i just went up to my 92 cb7 and disconnected the negative battery cable and positive to clean them out/ and to put in a new radio i wont need the codes...*hint* the slash indicated that i ment two different scenerios not one...just clarifying for u.
        ~CB7 Phoenix~

(picture missing help me get a new one )

The California White Tux
        *and its alive!! hahaha*
        *under construction*M.R.T: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1689652 *changes soon to take over*

Comment

regardless of what your doing. removing your battery terminals is ok. if you have a factory stereo in there, it may ask for a code. Otherwise don't worry about it. Putting a new stereo in is perfectly fine. Despite what people think electrical systems in cars are not as complicated as they are made out to be. If you dont know what your doing or understand 12v DC then you may have some troubles. But there are no super secret codes you have to put in when you disconnect a battery terminal. That is how you reset your ecu/check engine light as a matter of fact.

Member Ride Facebook
          SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
          For Sale Thread

Comment

regardless of what your doing. removing your battery terminals is ok. if you have a factory stereo in there, it may ask for a code. Otherwise don't worry about it. Putting a new stereo in is perfectly fine. Despite what people think electrical systems in cars are not as complicated as they are made out to be. If you dont know what your doing or understand 12v DC then you may have some troubles. But there are no super secret codes you have to put in when you disconnect a battery terminal. That is how you reset your ecu/check engine light as a matter of fact.
            so if diconnect it it resets the ecu/ check engine light?? but that means id still need that factory code....kuzz idk wheter or not i should worry bout getting that code
            ~CB7 Phoenix~

The California White Tux
            *and its alive!! hahaha*
            *under construction*M.R.T: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1689652 *changes soon to take over*

Comment

and also i was wondering if there was an actual way to avoid using the code because i just recently bought something from a company called nacco i think..its sumtin that u plug in ur cig lighter socket and it claims to keep ur factory code settings for ur radio and things??? dont know if it actually works should i trust it?
              ~CB7 Phoenix~

The California White Tux
              *and its alive!! hahaha*

Comment

dont waste your time with factory radios, either get the code from honda or just get a new radio.

Member Ride Facebook
                SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
                For Sale Thread

Comment

dont waste your time with factory radios, either get the code from honda or just get a new radio.
                  haha yeah i just did but does that mean i can disconnect the battery now without needing the code afterwards
                  ~CB7 Phoenix~

The California White Tux
                  *and its alive!! hahaha*

Comment

buy yourself a memory saver. you cant go wrong.

it'll be useful for the times you need to d/c the battery.

Comment

Questions on the ignition switch harness, both the battery and the starter 1 are "+" and white in color, are they the same wire or different wire? If they are different, how do you know which is which? I notice the label "starter 1", what does the "1" means?
                      Trnk Release ORANGE/SLV DOTS (+) IN HARNESS DRIVER FRONT DOORSTEP
                      What does "SLV DOTS" means?

Thanks.
                      Last edited by Bad_dude; 06-07-2012, 02:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bad_dude View Post
                        Questions on the ignition switch harness, both the battery and the starter 1 are "+" and white in color, are they the same wire or different wire? If they are different, how do you know which is which? I notice the label "starter 1", what does the "1" means?

What does "SLV DOTS" means?

Thanks.
                        SLV DOTS is silver dots which is common on a lot of honda wiring.

Starter/ignition/accessory 1/2/3 are generally only on newer cars but they power up different items in the vehicle. Like for instance on a newer chevy ignition 2 would power up the sensors on the transmission. Accessory power up radio and climate controls. You get the idea. If it is listed, power it up. On some vehicles that may require additional relays.

Get a test light or a multi meter. One wire will test 12v all the time, the other will only test 12v when cranking.

Looking at the wiring looks like they updated it since I originally posted this it should be black white like in the picture. If you need anymore help just message me on facebook linked in my sig. I dont post on here much anymore since I sold my cb.
                        Last edited by UrDoneSRH; 06-08-2012, 05:41 PM.

Member Ride Facebook
                        SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
                        For Sale Thread

Comment

Originally posted by UrDoneSRH View Post

Starter/ignition/accessory 1/2/3 are generally only on newer cars but they power up different items in the vehicle. Like for instance on a newer chevy ignition 2 would power up the sensors on the transmission. Accessory power up radio and climate controls. You get the idea. If it is listed, power it up. On some vehicles that may require additional relays.

Get a test light or a multi meter. One wire will test 12v all the time, the other will only test 12v when cranking.

Looking at the wiring looks like they updated it since I originally posted this it should be black white like in the picture. If you need anymore help just message me on facebook linked in my sig. I dont post on here much anymore since I sold my cb.
                          Hey thanks for the help offer. I would you on that. I saw a few videos where they test the wires with voltmeter but just by touching the outside of the wire. What kind of meter can you buy for that? The one I have is really good but I think you have to touch the copper inside to see voltage. It looks like this pic is from DEI's sites and only an installer can get the pic. I just need more diagrams like this to get my install done. I don't think it's that hard. Which wires go to where? I could figure it out but it would take much more time. There will always be better hints and tips with experience.
                          Thanks.
                          Last edited by Bad_dude; 06-08-2012, 10:29 PM.

Comment

Get a DMM (Digital Multimeter) it has less oppurtunity for user error. For older cars like the cb you could go with a simple test light (avoid using on newer vehicles with data systems like lan or canbus).

It is from DEI's site I no longer have my cb so it was easier just to use theirs. I am an installer, have been for 7 years now. You really don't need pics to get the install done, the wiring in this car is reaaaaallly simple.

I am confused by what you said when you said testing the copper wire means you need to touch the inside? Just test at the connector or strip back a small opening and test it. The copper is all touching which means it will conduct all the way through.

Use your installation guide and this wire guide and you should be fine.

Member Ride Facebook
                            SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
                            For Sale Thread

Comment

Get a DMM (Digital Multimeter) it has less oppurtunity for user error. For older cars like the cb you could go with a simple test light (avoid using on newer vehicles with data systems like lan or canbus).

It is from DEI's site I no longer have my cb so it was easier just to use theirs. I am an installer, have been for 7 years now. You really don't need pics to get the install done, the wiring in this car is reaaaaallly simple.

I am confused by what you said when you said testing the copper wire means you need to touch the inside? Just test at the connector or strip back a small opening and test it. The copper is all touching which means it will conduct all the way through.

Use your installation guide and this wire guide and you should be fine.
                              Hey,
                              This is great info. Do you have any more diagrams like the above that you could share?
                              Thanks.

Comment

So what is that white with thin black wire in between the Accessories and ignition wire?
                                Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X