Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Celica in Modified Mag!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Celica in Modified Mag!!!

I've been doing alot of thinking about this and I've been trying to figure out how a Celica thats pushing (estimate) 240whp/ 190tq be on Modified Mag(August 2007 issue). I read on about the Civic Hatch with a B18 thats pushes 477 whp and I cant figure out how a car like that celica thats pushing that much hp be on that mag. Everytime I see these cars on these different mag's I see most of them pushing more than 300+whp then some 240. I'm sure that some of the guys/ladies on this site that have their ride fixed up is pushing more than 240. I dont know, I'm just saying whatever.
    F22A1 = Now, NA : Soon, Turbo
    My Member's Thread
    Arcadia Green #14

So! who gives a rats ass
    PETRA tow montebello

Comment

Im pretty sure hp is not the only criteria to be in a car magazine, and if your that upset about it, write to modified mag.!
      H22-T FTW!!!

Comment

Na I'm not upset I'm just confused how that could happen. I mean like Honda Tuning has cars that push 250+hp and I can understand how they get on.
        My Member's Thread
        Arcadia Green #14

Comment

I think its because celica's have kinda been known as slow cars. They look cool and fast but I don't think they are really that great.

Comment

Originally posted by F22HB
            I think its because celica's have kinda been known as slow cars. They look cool and fast but I don't think they are really that great.

x2

Comment

Originally posted by DarkRidgeRacer
              I've been doing alot of thinking about this and I've been trying to figure out how a Celica thats pushing (estimate) 240whp/ 190tq be on Modified Mag(August 2007 issue). I read on about the Civic Hatch with a B18 thats pushes 477 whp and I cant figure out how a car like that celica thats pushing that much hp be on that mag. Everytime I see these cars on these different mag's I see most of them pushing more than 300+whp then some 240. I'm sure that some of the guys/ladies on this site that have their ride fixed up is pushing more than 240. I dont know, I'm just saying whatever.

It's just like MM said: Sometimes less is more. It looks like a really clean car, I dunno about ya'll, but I don't see them like that often at all. And only one county over FTW

Comment

I agree with you that it is a clean car. They were 4WD cars before they went to FWD. I could understand if a 4WD Celica was on there but a FWD, come on!!!
                My Member's Thread
                Arcadia Green #14

Comment

Originally posted by jDmacCordh22a
                  Im pretty sure hp is not the only criteria to be in a car magazine, and if your that upset about it, write to modified mag.!
                  What he said.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  I piss off people for fun.
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

it's called Modified mag, not Modified Engine mag. The title insinuates that you just need to be modified, you don't even have to do anything to the engine, all show no go...

Comment

Originally posted by Bud
                      it's called Modified mag, not Modified Engine mag. The title insinuates that you just need to be modified, you don't even have to do anything to the engine, all show no go...
                      x2

1991 Lx coupe........traded now I have nothing lol

Comment

The tuning community doesn't have lots of Toyota modders (minus the MR2 and the Supras) when compared to the Honda crowd. Their aftermarket support isn't as vast as Hondas. Its harder to extract more power from the 1zz/2zz than the Honda engines. I give more props to uniqueness.

Originally posted by DarkRidgeRacer
                        I agree with you that it is a clean car. They were 4WD cars before they went to FWD. I could understand if a 4WD Celica was on there but a FWD, come on!!!
                        You mean the alltrak? They were special editions and when the Celicas began production they were not 4WD.

Comment

modified mag sucks balls anyway, sport compact car FTW. if not then car and driver or motor trend that is. cancel your subscription is best advice i can give you. dont have a subscription? then just never get one. that will teach those celica loving bling whores to ruin your day lol

-sean
                          Members ride 15.927 @ 86.76 (f22a1)

Hit the clutch Hit the gear Hit the gas and i'm GONE>>>
                          Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

Modified is OK... Super Street is my rag of choice though. It's the only magazine where you can read about Skylines, manmaries, and chicken testicles

To be on the cover of a magazine, you have to have the total package. You also have to contact the right people at the right time, and be in the right area.

Accord_SiR has a ton of JDM parts. His car is crazy clean, if still the stock Rosewood Brown color. He was pushing over 400hp for YEARS... more now. He's never been in a magazine. stickydiljoe got the cover of Honda Tuning with an automatic H22-swapped CB7. His car was very well done, and had plenty of JDM goodness... plus the nice green paint that is subtle, yet custom... but still, automatic stock H22. Compare the drivetrains, and Accord_SiR wins hands down. Still, Joey got the cover of Honda Tuning, Carlos has never even gotten a mention (I think he COULD be in a mag if someone pushed for it, though)

Plus, magazine cars are often very show-oriented cars. Unless you're rich, you don't want a car you're going to drive hard to look TOO pretty! Most of those 400+hp magazine cars never make use of that power.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                              Modified is OK... Super Street is my rag of choice though. It's the only magazine where you can read about Skylines, manmaries, and chicken testicles

To be on the cover of a magazine, you have to have the total package. You also have to contact the right people at the right time, and be in the right area.

Accord_SiR has a ton of JDM parts. His car is crazy clean, if still the stock Rosewood Brown color. He was pushing over 400hp for YEARS... more now. He's never been in a magazine. stickydiljoe got the cover of Honda Tuning with an automatic H22-swapped CB7. His car was very well done, and had plenty of JDM goodness... plus the nice green paint that is subtle, yet custom... but still, automatic stock H22. Compare the drivetrains, and Accord_SiR wins hands down. Still, Joey got the cover of Honda Tuning, Carlos has never even gotten a mention (I think he COULD be in a mag if someone pushed for it, though)

Plus, magazine cars are often very show-oriented cars. Unless you're rich, you don't want a car you're going to drive hard to look TOO pretty! Most of those 400+hp magazine cars never make use of that power.

It actually wouldn't really be a problem if he wanted to really get mag coverage, the only thing preventing it from happening is that fact that he's from the wrong coast and the exterior of the car lacks that complete show-car look. It's not a matter of him getting overlooked, he just hasn't been seen yet.
                              www.stickydiljoe.com

Comment

Working...
                              X