Oil light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil light

Hey guys, I know this had been discussed numerous times, but I can't seem to find anybody that's had answered out resolved. My oil light came on yesterday, no loud noises, oil is topped off. I changed the oil today, no flakes or chunks of metal. I did replace the oil sensor about 5 months ago and havnt had an issue till now. I did replace it with an aftermarket sensor from autozone. Not sure what todo here, I know ill need to get a gauge and hookup to see pressure level and whats really goin on, but has anybody been down the same path? What was the end result? Should I expect an oil pump? Bearings? Could it be my aftermarket sensor? Thanks

95 JDM H22
    -95 JDM H22 LSD-
    -HYTECH Header-
    -Skunk2 IM-

Try to get a genuine Honda sensor first, then we can start answering the difficult questions.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Heres a pic of the oil , I just drained it and sent to my tech, he builds engines and says it looks ok. There a little shimmer but hard to tell. Ill be ordering the honda sensor tonight. If I remember the switch from autozone wasnt off a prelude, its got a screw in it, the usdm has that coupling, what sensor should I order for a jdm h22?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/oa1vbcR9itjGpV6A8
      Last edited by BIGDOM; 11-26-2018, 09:00 PM.
      -95 JDM H22 LSD-
      -HYTECH Header-
      -Skunk2 IM-

Comment

Got a screw in it? A small hex head right? I believe the H22A4 (BB6 Prelude) sensor should fit, at least it did on my H23A

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Update, all of the dealerships nearby didn't stock the oem sensor. I went to napa and they had it, off 2000 prelude, the part that screws into the block was tapered more than the old one, but it worked! I let it idle for 5-10 minutes, no light. Going to drive it a bit this weekend to make sure.
          -95 JDM H22 LSD-
          -HYTECH Header-
          -Skunk2 IM-

Comment

Hey at least your oil light works , the one in my ej8 quit working after I did my swap. Does not come on at all. Oh well .
            Green EX http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176536
            93 SE http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=210486

Comment

Good thing you got it to work.

I do not like the connector that the CB uses for the oil sensor. It always seems
              like it is not a good fit. It reminds me of the connector for the temp gauge
              that sits under the Distributor. I am about to swap mine to the H22 setup
              that uses a screw to hold the sensor wire in place.
              Keep Pushing..

Comment

Oh yeah! The CB did have the bullet connector style terminal. That is really awful in hindsight.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Working...
                X