Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

My new Accord and plans to make HUGE power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just dont get any of this. You have no credibility to me whatsoever until I see photos of your previous work. Your explainations and ideas sound like some college kid trying to reinvent the wheel for a class project.

Comment

Well what exactly do you want to see?
      I dont have a whole lot of photographs, most things that I document in photographs are just for reference, so theyre not much to look at, just bits of things being machines and welded. To make matters worse, most of it is film photographs.

Well anyway, since Ive been discussing the Miata in particular, Ill show you that:

Back when it was NA and I was developing a modified coolant system (my best photograph, because Im not the one who took it, lol):

When it was turbocharged and intercooled:

Last edited by 12inch_Pianist; 01-22-2012, 02:55 AM.

Comment

Clean bay
        **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
        Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
        Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Yeah I've heard of that distributor less system.

AEM sells it as a complete kit with their EMS as a pencil coil ignition system.

I think allot of people doubt you because of the current state of the car..
          Henry R
          Koni/Neuspeed
          1992 Accord LX R.I.P
          1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
          Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
          made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdkid View Post
            Yeah I've heard of that distributor less system.
            AEM sells it as a complete kit with their EMS as a pencil coil ignition system.

I think allot of people doubt you because of the current state of the car..
            I literally have done nothing to it, thats just how I bought it. I can see how someone may think that though, the previous owner was certainly not a real racer.

Ive heard of AEM engine management, but I dodnt know they made a kit that eliminated the distributor. I actually had a different plan in mind using an aircraft ignition system, but if there is another cheap and effective option I will consider it, especially if it would provide dynamic timing adjustment.

Comment

Pardon the bourbon, but what the fuck is going on here?

To make power you need air and fuel.

What amazing ideas do you have to create larger pockets of each within the engine?

And seriously, dynamic timing adjustment and aircraft ignition? Are you on crack? A chipped P06 or even the most basic standalone will allow for dynamic timing adjustment.

I would love to see a big power accord, but nothing that has been said so far makes me believe this is more than a pipe dream full of buzz words.
              Last edited by chessboxer; 01-22-2012, 03:18 AM.
              2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
              2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                What happens when you have to refuckulate the carbinator?
                Mike, please don't comment in here unless you have something genuine to say, or a ban will follow.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

k, so the Miata impresses me. You have proof to back up your talk.

Sorry I was coming off as a dick. Just the way your posts had been really sounded liked you were just some guy trolling the boards with mechanical gibberish.

Comment

Originally posted by chessboxer View Post
                    Pardon the bourbon, but what the fuck is going on here?

To make power you need air and fuel.

What amazing ideas do you have to create larger pockets of each within the engine?

And seriously, dynamic timing adjustment and aircraft ignition? Are you on crack? A chipped P06 or even the most basic standalone will allow for dynamic timing adjustment.

I would love to see a big power accord, but nothing that has been said so far makes me believe this is more than a pipe dream full of buzz words.
                    Please calm down. Were just talking here, its nothing to get worked up about.

There is no magic here. Like you said, you need air and fuel to make power. I would also add that making that air more dense, colder, and increasing its oxygen content would make even more power. Its no surprise that this is what my goals consist of.

It breaks down like this. I am building this engine to take high boost pressures, nitrous oxide, and I want it to rev much higher than stock. The biggest issue standing in my way is in regards to that last part.
                    As we all know, power is largely a product of the engines speed. It does not matter how much torque you make, if you make it at a hopelessly low RPM it does not amount to anything.
                    For instance, a 200 pound man riding a bicycle with a 1 foot long pedal crank can produce 200 peak ft/lbs through each revolution (the average torque output would be lower but bear with me). Obviosuly a 200 lbs man on a bicycle is not very fast and would have trouble breaking 30 mph even with the fanatstic drag and friction characteristics of the bicycle.
                    The same 200 ft/lbs exerted over a 5000 rpm range with gearing to take advantage of it can make some of the fastest cars in the world (like an F1 car for instance, which is not producing much more than 200 ft/lbs but is making in the neighborhood of 800 hp)
                    There in lies the fundamental reasoning behind building an engine to run at and breathe well at very high speeds.
                    The stock F22A has a rather poor rod ratio of ~1.5:1, making its stock redline impressive enough. In order to greatly extend its safe operating range the only logical solution is to improve the rod ratio.
                    This can be accomplished in many ways. Special pistons with less compression height with longer rods, shorter stroke and longer rods, a deck plate and longer rods, and so on. I have chosen to save money on pistons and use a rather thick deck plate along with the possibility of a small decrease in stroke to accommodate longer rods. No matter which way I go I need custom rods, so getting them in a different rod journal diameter is not a big deal and the deck plate is not a big deal since I have the equipment to make one, and to bore and sleeve a block.
                    With just the deck plate I can get a rod ratio of 1.66. Still not good, but much better.
                    With the addition of the 3mm decrease in stroke I can get that ratio to 1.75 which is the theoretical ideal ratio. Going higher will allow for high redline, but this ratio of 1.75 should provide the highest possible torque output at high RPM.

As for the ignition system, Im familar with using magneto ignition on race cars as it delivers a very powerful and reliable spark. Its has the obvious draw back of being limited to a single set ignition advance, or have 2 settings as was my intention.
                    An aircraft ignition system will often be setup so that you have one setting for start-up and once for running. You dont have to have a start up setting, but it helps not having so much advance at that low RPM when the engine is cold.
                    My intention was to instead use this desgn to have a fixed advance for vacuum to a to be decide pressure level at which point it would retard to the less advanced setting to prevent detonation under high boost.
                    The timing wont be as critical on this car as some would because of the water injection and its fantastic anti-detonative properties. You can read about its abilities in the declassified NASA documents from WWII when they used this technology in the bombers of that generation. Bu to sum it up, the water injection allows for much more ignition timing under high boost pressure without the dangers of detonation, even without an aftercooler.

Im not very familiar with these standalone engine management systems. Ive heard plenty about them, like MoTec and whatnot, but from what i understand they are very expensive. Ive accomplished a lot in the past by utilizing auxiliary mechanical fuel injection systems in conjunction with the factory fuel delivery or with carburetors.
                    With the Miata I used an ajustable rising rate fuel pressure regulator with an inline fuel pump boost fuel pressures to a maximum of around 100 psi. This coupled with a moderate increase in injector size allowed for decent driveability and adequate fueling to support the boost. The nitrous had a dedicated fuel system with a set of nozzles in the runners to enrich fuel on demand at a fixed flow rate.

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                    k, so the Miata impresses me. You have proof to back up your talk.

Sorry I was coming off as a dick. Just the way your posts had been really sounded liked you were just some guy trolling the boards with mechanical gibberish.
                    Thank you. No hard feelings, Im sure I probably sound pretty far out talking about my wild plans.
                    In the long run its all for fun! lol
                    Last edited by 12inch_Pianist; 01-22-2012, 03:55 AM.

Comment

Good question here:

If you can go from a miata, that has endless possibilities, to anything else...why choose a honda?

I seen miatas that are bad ass, someone I know has one with a LS1. He spanked z06 vetts all day. Got bored and decided to boost it. He is freakin insane. Z06 guys dont want to be near him lol.

Im not being sarcastic, just really really courious lol.
                      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Well I sure hope your for real, how reliable will this engine be? And how long before we start to see your work.

If you pull this you off you will be the very well respected here, but if you don't than you will go down as the biggest bullshiter ever.

Good luck and hope this project comes to life soon, I will keep an eye out for this!

Comment

The Miata was a great little car, but Ive seen for years what people have done with Hondas in these "tuner" magazines. I wanted to try a bigger displacement 4 cylinder and the out of the box performance of Honda engines is highly impressive.
                          There is a great list on Wikipedia that shows basic specifications of all the Honda engines over the years, a lot can be inferred from the numbers and when you do more research you can find out more detailed information on the engines proportions.
                          Based on what I read I decided I wanted an F22, for both its strength and its displacement.

Comment

I'm a scholarly taught engineer and this is by far the funniest thing I've ever read. I almost thought about correcting what you've said, but there is too much. My actual job is engineering cars and in my free time I'm on a team that is building an open wheel race car that gets 380HP/L N/A out of an engine we built from scratch, block and all.
                            '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

^ wat kinda engine
                              **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                              Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                              Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

I am not sure what to say. But I'm no hater, more plz

Comment

Working...
                                X