lol 230 fwhp too much now thats funny.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Damn, if he wasn't asking so much, I'd buy it back. I figured after 2 owners worth of abuse, it is worth about 4k now.

Sad to see it getting beat up and traded now.

I am very happy with my FA5, but I wish I could get this back and just make it a track car only.
        2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
        2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

ya man, I bet once you explain to him whats on the car, and how you know how it has been treated. offer 4g's and its yours.

I mean does he really expect 5500 for it? wowsers!
          MadLab Racing
          Southern Maryland

Comment

I can't imagine so, but it is mad low now dawg.

I was offered 5k for it when it had the Stern's on it, and was offering all my spare parts up with it. We are moving this weekend, and if its still for sale this time next month, I may throw him an offer. Can't believe the douche owner now said he has the 2 counts of wreckless driving in it. It's only a matter of time before someone destroys it driving like a moron.

Comment

Originally posted by drummersteve7 View Post
              230 hp that much power? seriously?
              your worried about 230 hp? interesting.
              Originally posted by NAiL05 View Post
              lol 230 fwhp too much now thats funny.
              Oh, for some reason I was thinking it was 320whp. That's definitely not bad.

Comment

i bet if you take him 4500 cash he'll take it.

Comment

Yeah, but I wouldn't give 4500 for it now. The rims are gone, those tires are likely shot if they haven't been replaced, windshield was cracked, I imagine the dp and exhaust is dented being so low now.

I would do maybe 4k max, considering it has been beat on a lot now.

Comment

I was reminded of this car on a recent Google search. It was so awesome to watch how quickly this car went from a basic Accord to a DSM turbo car, and then pushed the envelope on that platform.

I know how weak these F22A bottom ends are, but with as cheap as they are to replace, I wish people would bring back the DSM turbos. We used to talk about how you could build a turbo system for roughly $1000. That was with an FMU, which I would make fun of you for using in 2015, but people did it. I'd say to budget $1750 you could easily assemble a turbo system, have the downpipe fabricated and get a tuneable EMS solution.

This car was one of the pioneers of that. I wish it were still popular.
                    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                      I was reminded of this car on a recent Google search. It was so awesome to watch how quickly this car went from a basic Accord to a DSM turbo car, and then pushed the envelope on that platform.

I know how weak these F22A bottom ends are, but with as cheap as they are to replace, I wish people would bring back the DSM turbos. We used to talk about how you could build a turbo system for roughly $1000. That was with an FMU, which I would make fun of you for using in 2015, but people did it. I'd say to budget $1750 you could easily assemble a turbo system, have the downpipe fabricated and get a tuneable EMS solution.

Thank you. I haven't been on here much the last few years, and I still regret trading this car to this day, some 5+ years later. I am only on instagram for social media these days and often post it for throwback thursday.

I have a POS, I mean, super awesome, BMW I am going to try and sell. If everything works out and I can find a good base to start with, I may try and get back in the cb7 world.

I do own a much quicker 4 door turbo car now that is actually a similar color and overall a lot nicer but there isn't a day that goes by that I don't miss the sound of the open dump pipe with the big cam, idling and making people wonder what the hell that sound just was.

Comment

There have been quite a few OG comebacks recently. It would be a perfect time for you to start a new project!
                        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by chessboxer View Post
                          Thank you. I haven't been on here much the last few years, and I still regret trading this car to this day, some 5+ years later. I am only on instagram for social media these days and often post it for throwback thursday.

I have a POS, I mean, super awesome, BMW I am going to try and sell. If everything works out and I can find a good base to start with, I may try and get back in the cb7 world.

I do own a much quicker 4 door turbo car now that is actually a similar color and overall a lot nicer but there isn't a day that goes by that I don't miss the sound of the open dump pipe with the big cam, idling and making people wonder what the hell that sound just was.
                          You could buy my CB7, and be back in a bordeaux red, already swapped. Add boost for a monster.
                          Gary A.K.A. Carter
                          [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Back in the day, Accord R33 was selling complete DSM turbo "kits" for $1000. That included a chipped P06 with a basemap! He would piece the kits together for about $600 using junkyard parts. He made a nice profit, too!
                            Honestly, a $400 set of pistons is really all anyone would need to add to that old DSM setup to make a semi-reliable turbo F22A. The rest of the engine is plenty strong up to, and possibly beyond, the traction limits of an average street-driven CB7.

Comment

Yeah, I thought that way once, too. Now, with as easily as turbo systems can be pushed because of safer tuning solutions, it would generate too much heat for drop-in pistons. To that $400 figure I would add the need to have a machine shop bore the cylinders to the size of the pistons with the looser tolerances needed for the additional heat from boost being produced. For a non-turbo application that checks out to be within spec, I'm all for it. But knowing how any person is going to treat an engine like that, it just makes sense to get a machinist involved.

Comment

Yeah, I thought that way once, too. Now, with as easily as turbo systems can be pushed because of safer tuning solutions, it would generate too much heat for drop-in pistons. To that $400 figure I would add the need to have a machine shop bore the cylinders to the size of the pistons with the looser tolerances needed for the additional heat from boost being produced. For a non-turbo application that checks out to be within spec, I'm all for it. But knowing how any person is going to treat an engine like that, it just makes sense to get a machinist involved.
                                I don't think I agree that anyone who does go turbo will just destroy it. A lot of people will push a turbo setup way past what it should be, as was what happened after I traded mine off. However, I owned it for years and would get on it from time to time but didn't always choose to drive that way and going turbo does not mean one has to push it to its limits all the time.

Doing that is just reckless and a good tuner and not just someone's bro who doesn't actually know what they are doing will tune a car to be relatively safe.

Add the fact that many modern ECUs allow for multiple tunes and switching on the fly and I don't think that machining is necessary for the DIY guy who just wants to have a car that is more fun to drive and more powerful. Driving it like a jackass teenager will destroy it but not everyone who goes turbo will do that constantly.

As far as just making a profit and having a still reliable turbo car is completely possible. I do understand the desire to do more to be safe though but it is not a necessity. If a kid were to buy a kit and push it too far all the time, that is on him/her.

Solution: all turbo kits should come with a training video that says, "Yes, vroom psssssh sounds awesome, but if you do it every time you drive, it is going to break. Don't always drive like a jackass!"

Comment

Working...
                                X