Hondas-only magazine, the next best thing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hondas-only magazine, the next best thing

For those who are already missing Honda Tuning, us Yanks have finally been treated to the UK's own established Honda-centric magazine, Honda Tuner, now available at Barnes & Noble. It feels less professional than Tuning, but it's too cool to get some solid insight into the European Honda community (although there are a couple American car features this month). While it didn't get its own feature, there is a shot of a clean 3rd-gen Aerodeck in the show coverage of this current issue!!! I can't wait to see some feature cars that weren't even sold here.

Accord Aero-R

Sweet. My bathroom visits havent been the same since our version was discontinued.
    2013 Honda Fit Sport Alabaster Silver Metallic GE8
    2013 Accord Sport Modern Steel Metallic CR2

CB9 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...hlight=hostile
    CR2 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=197787
    GE8 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199289

Comment

I can not believe that car made the cover. So much rice lol
      1991 cb7 daily driver and huge project

http://s1117.photobucket.com/user/pu...tml?sort=3&o=1

Comment

I think it looks pretty sick. Carbon fiber hood & hatch with a digital camo wrap. It's a good look. Plus, it's making ovr 300hp N/A and sees real track time in California. The magazine itself is more immature than the cars within. And just as I thought, those EP3s are big in the UK. It's too bad they don't get the same following here, they get such a bad rap just because of the engine... I mean, this is the Honda scene. Engine swaps are what we do.
        Last edited by CyborgGT; 01-22-2017, 01:00 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by purplebomb View Post
          I can not believe that car made the cover. So much rice lol
          Right because funtional parts are rice...unless the car is cambered out and has stretched wheels

Comment

Tastes in the UK vary quite a bit from current American trends. I was reading Max Power and FAST Car magazine up until a few years ago, and they were still putting massive fiberglass sound enclosures in the interior and slamming shitboxes on airbags and body kits with neon everywhere. That scene is still very alive and well, spurred on by illegal late-night parking lot meets with hundreds of people.

The EP is a popular platform in the UK because it was an actual Civic Type-R and didn't get the "mini-minivan" treatment from enthusiasts over there.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
            Originally posted by Stephen Fry
            'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
            Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

My point was just that it's still the same chassis, with the same potential. American enthusiasts just don't seem to have the taste for it, for the most part. It's sad, imo. Even if we did get the Type-R, owners would still swap out the suspension and most, if not all, of the engine.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Starting with that generation, the Civic just didn't have the same appeal that it did previously. The magic was in the bubbles!
                I wonder if Americans would've liked it better if we got the Type R. The Si gave us a whole new look, and a whole new engine... and not really anything better in terms of performance.

Anyway, it's cool that there's at least something in print left for us! I'm actually amazed that Super Street was the one magazine to survive... That used to be my go-to magazine!

Comment

Working...
                X