2013 Accord Sport Modern Steel Metallic CR2

CB9 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...hlight=hostile
    CR2 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=197787
    GE8 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199289

Comment

Originally posted by Hostile View Post
      April fools?
      Wouldn't that take place on April 1st?

EDIT: Seeing as though it's California time, it was 11:58 when he posted it. It shows me he posted it on the 2nd at 3:58 EST.

Good job,
      Last edited by Straight Success; 04-05-2015, 06:12 PM.
      The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Since I'm away from home, I unfortunately cannot reply to everyone's post on a PC.

Unfortunately this is not an April Fools joke. This week will determine whether or not I will buy the Z. If I do, the CB will definitely be wrenched apart. I need to inspect the Z one last time to be sure it's worth my time. I'm aware of the rust issues with this chassis. The potential of a Z is insane. Part of the reason I'm leaning towards it more is because it'll be a smog exempt vehicle. That's a huge plus in California. There are tons of engines I can drop into this chassis. Also, the value of this car will always increase. Decades from now I could more than likely resell it. The CB will not.

The downfall is that this car is a huge investment. It's not just swap an engine and it's finished. Parts are expensive and getting the rust out will be a pretty penny. The upside is that I can take my time with it. I can grow old with it.

Erik asked why I dumped so much money into a non-street legal car. The answer is I got bored of the CB. I dropped an H and went crazy after that. I wanted the car complete and the only thing lacking in the car was its engine bay. That's why I cleaned it up and dressed it up nicely. Plus, all good things are illegal. That goes for more than just car parts lol.

Another reason is the law. I will more than likely get pulled over for no reason by some officer that had nothing better to do. Yes, I could put everything back to stock... but the car wouldn't be the same anymore. Kurobei said "Why don't you just put a stock muffler on?" (That giving cops one less reason to pull me over). I can't. It's a part of the car. Like my license plate 1JDMCB6. That was probably another reason he pulled me over. But, it's a part of the car.

Selling it whole. I could never get my money back. I know that for a fact. And for me to sell it to someone whole I would have to know he/she would take very good care of it. Also there are only a few people I would ever consider handing it over to.

There are tons of parts on this car that are very rare. I would rather spread its soul to the members on this board. Lummie, you are already in mind bro. The sigma lip I will be picky with unfortunately. I don't want it going to the wrong hands and having someone replicate the hell out of it. I love that it's rare and I want it to stay that way.

Yes, I will miss this car if I get the Z. Will I slap myself in the face years from now? Yeah maybe. But I am satisfied I finished it.

If I don't buy the Z, I may still part with this car. Again smog is around the corner and it's getting harder and more expensive to get it to pass. We will see by the end of this week.

To be original may be more challenging with the Z, but I always have something up my sleeve.

Thanks for all the nice compliments. It has been a long journey with you all and I will continue our journey regardless what car I own.

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

H22 swaps can be legal too here in Ca. How many times did you get pulled over to make you consider getting rid of it?

Despite being bored with the car, putting non carb approved parts/non street legal on any vehicle could get you pulled over. The Z should be no different. I like to think its not what you have, it is what you do with it that determines how much fun you have. Best wishes with whichever path you take!
          Last edited by Prez808; 04-05-2015, 11:48 PM.

Comment

jdm_inspired, I'm sure whatever you choose to do will be awesome. Make sure and let us know! I'm kinda excited to find out.

Comment

Do they really harrass y'all like that out there.

Comment

Yes, that's California politics for you. I will have to take my car off the street ASAP, and trailer it to the track, since this will no doubt happen to me next with all my Hondata, AEM, and Bisimoto decals/stickers.
                *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
                ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
                ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
                "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
                Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
                The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
                Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

That's illegal. It's called profiling. Get a GoPro, record, and you should be okay.
                  The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

I would get a dashcam and keep it in there every time I leave with the car and have it on all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle View Post
                      Do they really harrass y'all like that out there.
                      Not in California, but I actually moved out of a city because I kept getting followed for no reason (I was never pulled over, it was just stupidly obvious that the cops changed their route to wait and see if I'd do something right in front of them ; one guy pulled two illegal u-turns to get behind me). It's bad enough that I refuse to live there again, even though I still work there and my parents live there. Otherwise it's a great city, lots to do, nice community - all that. Land of the free, though. Can't forget to signal a turn and not get fined for it by an undercover - that happened to me recently, too. Meanwhile, in parts of the Middle East and Africa.... And the lengths they go to try and disguise themselves. Ugh, sorry this is becoming a thread jack, I could go on for quite a while about how much I ******* hate so-called "civil servants."

Accord Aero-R

Comment

fuck it, move out of cali.

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                        01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                        93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                        93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

I don't know, Anthony. I can't see you getting your money back from parting it out. The car is an absolute winner, don't get me wrong. I'm just thinking that you won't get the hits on all the parts you would need in order to make your money back. If you were able to sell the whole engine, wheels, exhaust, whale extremity, strut bar, suspension, brake kit, mounts, the IM, the seats, the interior panels, the carpets, the sound system, shifter, steering wheel, headlights, taillights, and the cluster, then maybe so. It's just such a hassle to ship that amount of stuff to different places.

Call James, please. Tell him everything he doesn't already know. We talked about your car when I was there with mine, and he LOVED your car. He loves Civics and Accords, and may know just the person who would buy it (even himself) for the right price in your head. I can't think of anyone who would appreciate that car more than James or one of his colleagues.

I know it's hard to sell one of our project CB7s on here, so I'm trying to make sure you've thought through all the options.
                          *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
                          ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
                          ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
                          "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
                          Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
                          The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
                          Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

It doesn't hurt to list it up for sale as a whole and see if anyone bites. Might save the hassle and headache of parting it out.
                            ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::For Sale Thread::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

:::::::::::::::::: S2K::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::: CB7:::::::::::::::: Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by af_1132 View Post
                              I don't know, Anthony. I can't see you getting your money back from parting it out. The car is an absolute winner, don't get me wrong. I'm just thinking that you won't get the hits on all the parts you would need in order to make your money back. If you were able to sell the whole engine, wheels, exhaust, whale extremity, strut bar, suspension, brake kit, mounts, the IM, the seats, the interior panels, the carpets, the sound system, shifter, steering wheel, headlights, taillights, and the cluster, then maybe so. It's just such a hassle to ship that amount of stuff to different places.

Call James, please. Tell him everything he doesn't already know. We talked about your car when I was there with mine, and he LOVED your car. He loves Civics and Accords, and may know just the person who would buy it (even himself) for the right price in your head. I can't think of anyone who would appreciate that car more than James or one of his colleagues.

I know it's hard to sell one of our project CB7s on here, so I'm trying to make sure you've thought through all the options.
                              The Z has to be worth it for me. I didn't get a full inspection on it. I'll look into it over the weekend and decide. I'll never get my money back, regardless of which route I take. I've known this from the start. James probably appreciated it. It's rare, especially in our area. And it was built correctly.Again, it's still in the air guys. I need to make sure the Z is worthwhile. The other question to myself is, do I have the energy to do another project?

This is no easy decision fellas. It's not just a Z that's for sale that's making me want to crossover, but the current situation and circumstances that played a part in it.

93 'til infinity

Comment

You know what, I'm gonna drive this car right now!

brb

93 'til infinity

Comment

Working...
                                X