Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

6.5" won't fit my door, wow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6.5" won't fit my door, wow!

I red the owners and repair manual and even came on the forum to see recommendations on speakers. I bought a pair of Alpine's in 6.5" and they don't fit, rofl. My bad I didn't flip the vehicle's OEM adapter to see it's only 6".

Now - how can I fit those 6,5" into the door? Any futher drilling required? Adapters like 6.5" to 6" don't exist here, and I'm not skilled with any wood work, neither do I own any tools required for this job. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks.

ditch the plastic basket, use a foam gasket, or MDF ring and some sheet metal screws. if theyre type-r's theyll be too deep and you will need a 11 or 12mm thick MDF ring, but then the speaker surround touches the backside of the grill on the door card, theyre a tight fit. Other brands like run of the mill Pioneers just fit right in with a gasket and screws.

Comment

were you able to fix it?

Comment

For anyone reading this and wondering if there has been documented fitment of 6.5" door speakers, this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaAkLT-hBrw shows how it is done.

Comment

You can get speaker adapter rings for that. I have Skar 6.5s in the front doors with aftermarket speaker rings I got from sonicelectronix.com. The Skar are slightly oversized so they're not direct drop ins for the rear. I have to modify the rear deck for the other 6.5s to fit

Comment

Use these for the front doors and you're straight
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X