CB7Denmark : 1993 Accord EXi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jack_lee View Post
    It seems like the Asia most wanted JDM SI-T black interior came as standard in Denmark.
    I just love the interior! I should really shoot some new pictures, those are from around the time i bought the car.

The tow hook has since been removed.
    Rear suspension have been lowered as well. Laziness occurred when i lowered the front on my parking lot, and thank god for that! I had to grind through the bolts of the lower part, they were completely rusted stuck.
    And i'm running a 2.5" exhaust system now with a fart can.

I should also make a new video of the sound as well as a 0 - 60 with the launch control, its a pretty fast little turd now, and the transmission swap should only add to this, the original one being pretty worn, either that or the stock transmission is not built for people under the age of 50..
    Check out my MRT, i'd love some constructive criticism ---> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=204165 PICTURES FROM 2014! DOES NOT REPRESENT CURRENT STATE

Comment

Originally posted by CB7Denmark View Post
      I just love the interior! I should really shoot some new pictures, those are from around the time i bought the car.
      How often to get the interior part over there?
      -My Member Ride thread-
      -JL store-

Comment

How often to get the interior part over there?
        I'm trying like a mad man to decipher what you said Jack, could you perhaps rephrase it?
        Check out my MRT, i'd love some constructive criticism ---> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=204165 PICTURES FROM 2014! DOES NOT REPRESENT CURRENT STATE

Comment

Halfway through with the M2V5 swap (Very close gearing according to Tranny Charts).

The M2V5 is off a EUD (And AUDM) Prelude VTI-S AWS, it has slighty closer gearing than its brothers, a discovery i made just 2 days ago, which left me somewhat aroused

Transmission Chart:

The challenges i faced during the swap was

1.) The Stock transmission on my CB7 has 2 PS lines going through, this regulates PS pressure in relation to how fast you are driving.
          M2V5 does not use this system, and i am unaware if it can even be swapped, solution to this will be making a "U" bend, and connect the output line directly with the input line, thus effectively bypassing the PS Pressure regulator thingie.

2.) My clutch was worn somewhat badly, seen worse, but bad enough to cause damage to my flywheel. The flywheel will be resurfaced and it will be good as new, damage was caused by overheating due too excessive wear of the clutch plate, resulting in the mating of the nipples (That holds the clutch material together) to the Flywheel surface. Solution: Resurface that bitch.

Last edited by CB7Denmark; 08-31-2015, 05:30 AM. Reason: Typos! So many typos O_o

Comment

I'm trying like a mad man to decipher what you said Jack, could you perhaps rephrase it?
            lol! Most of us here in Malaysia (a country in Asia) found our JDM or replacement factory part at junk yard. Sometime the rare part didn't come by easy (so is the price). that's why I'm asking how easy you could get the black interior part over there?
            -My Member Ride thread-
            -JL store-

Comment

lol! Most of us here in Malaysia (a country in Asia) found our JDM or replacement factory part at junk yard. Sometime the rare part didn't come by easy (so is the price). that's why I'm asking how easy you could get the black interior part over there?
              My bad Jack!

I'm aware of the location of Malaysia btw, only the Americans are lacking knowledge of Geography (Sorry Americans, but this is true).

Anyway Black Interiors are pretty much the standard option for CB7s here, i actually have never seen otherwise on the Danish roads. (CB7 is a rare vehicle in Denmark as well)

Comment

When is your new cam supposed to show up?
                MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

I'm aware of the location of Malaysia btw, only the Americans are lacking knowledge of Geography (Sorry Americans, but this is true).
                  It's true of retards, and many people here are retards. The education systems here are phenomenal. The only catch is you have to pay attention.
                  My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
                    When is your new cam supposed to show up?
                    Believe it or not, i contacted several camshaft companies, none of which has responded, as of yet, except for Delta, but i haven't heard for him since, i was hoping to have a camshaft by the end of September, but with how slow things are happening right now, i'm not sure i can make it to the deadline.

However, when i'm finish up the swap tomorrow, i wanna check what little i can while i got an assistant to help me out, we're gonna measure the lift of the cam, but as i'm at a DIY shop, i don't wanna pay more for the car lift than absolute necessary, the car has already been there since Sunday $$.

Jerrett It's true of retards, and many people here are retards. The education systems here are phenomenal. The only catch is you have to pay attention.

That is how all this stuff works, a natural selection i guess you could call it.
                    I mean no disrespect by the way.

EDIT: Congratulations on your 4900th post
                    Last edited by CB7Denmark; 08-31-2015, 03:12 PM. Reason: Another ton of typo's and editing.

Comment

So did Bisi ever refund you for the cam? Was it out of spec after all or what ended up happening?

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Comment

SWAP COMPLETE

M2V5 has been succesfully installed.

Re-surfaced flywheel. (Will be replaced with Competition Clutch & Flywheel pretty soon)

Transmission installation.

This car is helluva' fun to drive now! Extremly smooth gearchanges, very nice acceleration, its just a totally different car!

It's not very difficult, not even with the required modding, 4 out of 6 stars in difficulty, if you have the slightest idea what you're doing, it shouldn't be a problem for you, and i recommend everyone to do this, if you haven't done already.

New crank sealing, new MTF, new engine oil + filter, new fluid for clutch, new slavecylinder, replaced PS fluid as well, overall i just think the car loves me right now.

I just love having power in all the gears now, i can change gear much earlier now and still have tons of power, before i changed gear around 7000rpm, now i like to change around 5800 to 6400 rpm.

Originally posted by baracuda View Post
                        So did Bisi ever refund you for the cam? Was it out of spec after all or what ended up happening?
                        No, he is basically ignoring me . So Delta at the moment.

I didn't have time to measure the cam, i ran into a ton of problems with the swap, but it's all good now.
                        Last edited by CB7Denmark; 09-02-2015, 05:49 AM.

Comment

Had a nice conversation with Webcamshafts today, price for a custom cam is around 1400USD, hardweld + cam regrind + shipping.

Anyway, the conversation turned out to be anything but me buying a cam, i told her about my experience (Shortly) with Bisi, and she then went from salesman to customer supporter, she asked a lot of question that i couldn't answer but i promised her to have the information available @ Monday, she also though the Bisi LVL 2 regrind was too mild for my build (Which was an interesting approach), all in all it was nice to actually talk to someone who gives a damn, for a change, what a refreshing experience, just what i needed

So Monday, i will degree the cam and provide her with the numbers she asked for, as well as measuring spring height (even though they are supposed to be compatible with stock head, with not adjustment needed).

/Peace.
                          Last edited by CB7Denmark; 09-07-2015, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Tons of things needing attention right now.

I started having some starting issues, they originate from when i installed the new cam, but i haven't really been paying attention and now things have gotten worse.

Engine requires 5 seconds of cranking, upon starting and up until 500rpm it sounds horrible! (Like an extreme high lift cammed engine, this event only takes around 0.5 seconds, but still enough to concern a guy like me) But when it passes the 500rpm engine turns normal. Fast idles around 1700, falls to 1500 then goes back to 1700 a couple of times, then stays at 1500, then falls to 1000 to 1100 rpm, when reaching operation temperature.

Problem 1: Idles too high, happened after cam was installed, nothing adjusted idle-wise prior to this swap, maybe just needs re-adjustment.

Problem 2: OCCASIONAL fluctuating idle (When cold or luke warm). But this only happens occasionally, not consistently! Could be related to something else. Could be air in coolant as well. This problem is also covered in detail in the introduction to my problems.

Problem 3: I have a feeling that my base ignition is off, so i'm buying a timing gun tomorrow (local time) to adjust the timing after the base idle is set. Even though my tuner tried advancing and retarding ignition timing when i had it dynoed, it still feels off (Ret. and Adv, the timing both made less power on the dyno).

Problem 4: The stock cam gear gotta go, i cannot find a supplier that will ship internationally, and i'm concerned that the cam might be retarded.

Due to above problems needing attention (Maybe its robbing me of power?? Crosses fingers for 10hp of robbed power) i have not had the time to get the information to Laurie from Webcamshafts that i promised her. So no progress cam-wise.
                            Tomorrow i will call Delta and order a 282 regardless of my situation, i'm interested in what this cam can do, and this board lacks information of the cam.

Good news 1:
                            I will test this 200USD+ induction system, so you don't have to without knowing if it works or not, as promised.

My Weapon R Induction kit will arrive sometime wednesday. It came with a flexible pipe thingie, that you can attach,,, to pull air like a CAI, but without needing to cut fenders. It also features an interesting 2 tube design, designed to accelerate flow, in theory it does, i'm interested to know if it works in real life as well, it also includes a velocity stack, which i have been looking for. This is a 300 dollar induction kit (shipped). I will "review" this system so users can decide whether or not they want to buy it, based on my before/after dyno session with this kit.
                            Last edited by CB7Denmark; 09-07-2015, 09:58 PM. Reason: Added information. Removing part with the money talk.

Comment

Aw dude, I'm so glad I logged on and checked this thread, but I wish I caught you before you purchased the Weapon R intake.

I had the Weapon R kit installed on my car a while ago, when I first started out, and it is just poo poo. You can see it on the first page of my MRT. The "two pipe" design doesn't do anything but cause obstruction, and it extends for only like 20% of the pipe distance. The filter is a foam filter, which just doesn't last as long or filter nearly as well as cotton. The "ram air" pipe is cheap accordion plastic with clamps that actually deform the plastic as you tighten them. To use that without enlarging any holes, you really have to relocate the battery. Furthermore, the only time it made a difference for me on a stock tune was when I relocated the battery to the trunk, removed the front headlight, and stuck it through the frame, filter removed, for the coldest air I could get while drag racing. Even that was questionable, to be honest.

My review of that Weapon R intake, and the company as a whole, is that they are just another eBay based company selling glamorized generic parts with a custom fling. Their crowd is the showy "tuners" who want to wow with shiny parts under the hood. I mean, if you go to their website, you'll see all these models trying to make the parts look awesome. If you need to do that as a company to sell your parts, there is something sub-par about the parts!

Anyway, now that you have already purchased them, I would honestly consider reselling them once they arrive to someone in that "look at my shiny engine bay, I'm fast" crowd. You are a real tuner, and your interests are real power with engine modifications that make a real difference. The Weapon R stuff is just not going to make that kind of a difference.
                              Last edited by af_1132; 09-08-2015, 02:27 AM.
                              *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
                              ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
                              ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
                              "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
                              Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
                              The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
                              Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Originally posted by af_1132 View Post
                                Aw dude, I'm so glad I logged on and checked this thread, but I wish I caught you before you purchased the Weapon R intake.

I had the Weapon R kit installed on my car a while ago, when I first started out, and it is just poo poo. You can see it on the first page of my MRT. The "two pipe" design doesn't do anything but cause obstruction, and it extends for only like 20% of the pipe distance. The filter is a foam filter, which just doesn't last as long or filter nearly as well as cotton. The "ram air" pipe is cheap accordion plastic with clamps that actually deform the plastic as you tighten them. To use that without enlarging any holes, you really have to relocate the battery. Furthermore, the only time it made a difference for me on a stock tune was when I relocated the battery to the trunk, removed the front headlight, and stuck it through the frame, filter removed, for the coldest air I could get while drag racing. Even that was questionable, to be honest.

My review of that Weapon R intake, and the company as a whole, is that they are just another eBay based company selling glamorized generic parts with a custom fling. Their crowd is the showy "tuners" who want to wow with shiny parts under the hood. I mean, if you go to their website, you'll see all these models trying to make the parts look awesome. If you need to do that as a company to sell your parts, there is something sub-par about the parts!

Anyway, now that you have already purchased them, I would honestly consider reselling them once they arrive to someone in that "look at my shiny engine bay, I'm fast" crowd. You are a real tuner, and your interests are real power with engine modifications that make a real difference. The Weapon R stuff is just not going to make that kind of a difference.
                                God damnit!!1 Especially coming from you!!

Keep your eye open on the trading page for a cheap induction kit with free shipping anywhere in the world!

Aw damnit, i did kinda have that feeling, but i was desperate getting something better than the current solution, it is really awful and works like a magnet for heat.

Regarding the filter, i guess i was in a moment of naivety, because it sounded so great with the "300 Pores per square inch", this tends to happen from time to time with me, as you can probably tell.

I guess the velocity stack is crap then... Does velocity stacks have any merit at all?
                                Last edited by CB7Denmark; 09-08-2015, 02:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X