Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Will 4DR or 5DR Cluster work on 2DR EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will 4DR or 5DR Cluster work on 2DR EX

Will the cluster work? will the door indicator light work the same?

I think the only thing you really need to look out for is if it says Nippon or NS at the bottom because the plugs were different and the obvious if you were going manual or auto. If auto don't forget about the S light on the 90 and 91s.

Comment

Although most clusters look the same, there are minute differences that prevent one from swapping any cluster over. Generally, you need to find a cluster from a donor Accord that's very similar to your own.

Like Leung said, there are two manufacturers. Nippon Seiki (NS) and Nippon Denso (Denso). Look at the speedometer. The manufacturer is printed on the bottom of the speedo.

All coupes have NS clusters. Some sedans exported from Japan have Denso clusters - all SE models, for example.

There are issues with year compatibilities.

Once you figure out which manufacturer produced your cluster, look at model year and trim.

90-91 DXs are interchangeable with each other (dependent on manufacturer).
      90-91 LXs and EXs are interchangeable with each other (dependent on manufacturer).
      91 SE sedans must be swapped with another 91 SE sedan.

92-93 DXs are interchangeable with each other.
      92-93 LXs are interchangeable with each other.
      92-93 EXs are interchangeable with each other (dependent on manufacturer).
      93 SE sedans must be swapped with another 93 SE sedan.
      93 SE coupes are interchangeable with any 92 or 93 SE or EX coupe.
      My pictures/photos will return soon...

Comment

I have 93 EX Coupe. so i have to check the connector right? or can i just get any 92-93 cluster

what about the door indicator?

Comment

Originally posted by XcluziveAZN View Post
          I have 93 EX Coupe. so i have to check the connector right? or can i just get any 92-93 cluster

You need to get an NS cluster for a EX 1993. The door indicators will work just fine.

Most coupes have NS clusters.
          JDM Parts for sale

Comment

EDIT: Danny beat me to it! Ah well, the info below is relevant still.

Originally posted by XcluziveAZN View Post

Okay, 93 EX coupe. Try to grab a cluster from a 92 or 93 EX or SE coupe.

If you can't find one, you can use a NS cluster from a 92 or 93 EX sedan or wagon.

The door ajar indicators won't light up because there's no rear door indicator wiring in your coupe.

Bottom line, it has to be a NS cluster. 92 or 93 EX coupe or 93 SE coupe is best.

If you don't get one that meets your required criteria, even though the plugs might match up, the pin location on the cluster might be different. This might cause strange things to occur, like so:

My pictures/photos will return soon...

Comment

All wagon clusters should be NS also right? Since they were all made in America.

Comment

Not sure if it helps the thread any, or just might be gee-whiz info, but my Accord is a Japan made 92 EX sedan 5-spd and it uses a Denso cluster.

Comment

Working...
                X