Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Cooling fan does not turn on automaticallyy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cooling fan does not turn on automaticallyy

Previous History:
    I was setting the TPS I disconnect the cable on top of the driver suspension where the multimeter suppose to go to.
    I accidentally connect it back with the car on.
    Blown a fuse.
    replaced the fuse and the car start fine

Ever since then My temp gauge acting up and stay on H when the car is ice cold

=============

I can't tell if my car overheat because i shorted out my temp gauge. it stuck on high on when it is plug in to ECT sensor or ground to the body.
    ECT sensor is good. when temp warm up it got 32 ohm

i try to jump the sensor on the head for the fan with paper clip. It won't turn on

I switch fan cooling relay with power window (fuse box) and that relay working fine

both fan turn on if i turn on A/C
    lower hose is hot = thermostat is good

fan does not turn on when i turn off the car after it been running for 30min

what to check next?
    Last edited by XcluziveAZN; 04-02-2011, 04:52 PM.

Check your temp gauge connection right below the distributor... it might have became loosen,.. bad or corrode.
    Checkout my MR: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=165984

Comment

that is not loose

it did test

when i have that cable to the ground my temp guage jump to hi and unplug = cold. i'm sure my guage is shorted. my rpm sometime goes crazy

i think my fan timer unit under the dash is busted

is there any test on this unit or i have to get another one

Comment

Ok

I replaced the Radiator Fan Timer Unit under the dash

fan doesn't turn on still

I try to jump connector connected to Coolant Temp Sensor Switch A to tell the timer that the car is hot. The fan does not turn on.
        I get 5v from that Cable also

i double check the fuse under the hood and dash and everything is good

I'm running out of idea

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ht=coolant+fan

I been following this thread and didn't get to read the end. I jumped the wrong connector

I was suppose to jump Sensor on Thermostat housing

I jumped that and my fan turn on. I guess my sensor on the thermostat housing is broken.

I will replace that and keep you posted

Comment

I jumped Switch A and Switch B

Switch A turn on Both Fan

Switch B turn on Radiator Fan

is both of the switch broken?

i'm lost now.

Comment

Working...
            X