What complete nonsense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What complete nonsense

Last night i'm driving along with 2 friends in the car, minding our own business going the speed limit at about 10:30pm

All the sudden i get pulled over

he comes up to the window and informs me my tag lights were out....

Alright.... now i'm pretty sure they work but i can't really argue with him. No big deal i'll just get a repair order, get it fixed and endure a little hassle

LOLNOPE

He comes back and writes me a $70 ticket for my tag lights being out

So after he leaves i pull into a parking lot to take a look for myself

I swear.... i have the worst luck when it comes to cops or something.

Why didn't you ask to see if you could check for yourself. And then you could have proved him wrong.

Carry on piggy.

[ My Car Domian ] - [ My Members Ride Thread ] - [ Facebook ]

My Top CB7Tuners :

TypeG
    aww_shiet
    91accordexr33

Comment

Call his boss(desk sergeant), and make a complaint against the officer.

In the mean time buff the plastic covers over your tag lights with some comet. Then if you have any, some plastX

Comment

Originally posted by LordXaero View Post
        Why didn't you ask to see if you could check for yourself. And then you could have proved him wrong.

Carry on piggy.
        Because they don't normally let you get out of your car during a traffic stop.

Originally posted by MortsAccord View Post

In the mean time buff the plastic covers over your tag lights with some comet. Then if you have any, some plastX
        I don't even know what his name is or anything. I can't read that horrible scribble of a signature

I'm just going to take it to court.

The lenses were a little dirty like they all are, i cleaned them and they're slightly brighter now.

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
          Understandable. I'm sure if you tried, and were professional about it, you could have gotten a chance.

Oh well. Take it to court, and fight it.

[ My Car Domian ] - [ My Members Ride Thread ] - [ Facebook ]

My Top CB7Tuners :

TypeG
          aww_shiet
          91accordexr33

Comment

Originally posted by LordXaero View Post
            Understandable. I'm sure if you tried, and were professional about it, you could have gotten a chance.

Oh well. Take it to court, and fight it.
            lol i was already annoyed with him the moment he walked up to my car because the first thing he said was " what did you guys just come from a Pokemon convention "

Comment

^^^^HAHAHA

Anyways i've dealt with traffic stops alot in my younger days, you should have asked for proof. I wouldn't waste my time trying to fight that as it's his word against yours.

02 Crv
              02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
              92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
              Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

You have a dated photo of the lights in working order the night of the citation. If you bring that photo and show it to the crown attorney they should drop the charge.

That cop is a fucking blind idiot if he can't see your lights are working. They are clearly lit in your photo. I would so take that ticket to court and make a complaint against the officer. That is just wrong. What a fucking douchebag, especially after that pokemon comment too.

Should have said "Yes, we did officer. By the way, your eyes look a little glazed, did you just come from the donut shop?"

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                  What happened to "The peoples rights"

Either way, I would have gotten out and had a look IMMEDIATELY after he handed you the ticket.
                  Then taken a photo of your plate, then him walking back to his vehicle/his car.

Then used the Phone timestamps as proof.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

He can use the image info to date it from where it was uploaded on his PC, or the device the photo was taken on as proof.

Comment

Originally posted by MortsAccord View Post

I had to do this on my 266k mile DD. The dust was on the inside caked up pretty bad, you could barely see the lights prior to cleaning them, even though the bulbs were fine.

makes a big difference using simple green, inside and out.

member's ride thread
                      93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                      99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                      91 Accord SE 176k
                      97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

I can't speak for how douchy he might have been, but anytime I've been stopped for a light out, I always act really surprised and ask to check it out. They've been right each time but it doesn't hurt to look.
                        We are all ricers, it just depends what flavor rice you are.

Minitrucker by heart, CB7tuner by coincidence.

My For Sale Thread
                        Bowling Pin Shift Knobs

Comment

I was pulled over and given a warning not too long ago for burned out license plate bulbs.....Turns out the lenses were very dirty and blocking most of the light. I could clearly see the light even with the dirty lens but he obviously didn't look closely. Either way, I cleaned them up and they're gtg!

He must have had a poor attitude that night to just immediately write a ticket instead of giving a warning.
                          My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

I cleaned my lenses in the coupe with glass cleaner and then installed white 194 LEDs. Damn things are like headlights shining on my plate now.

Comment

in florida your tag lights have to be visible from a certain distance and yours looks quite shitty.

if you ask the officer to look yourself without being a total dick(they have the authority just like your boss does and you wouldn't speak rude or in a tone with your boss) then they should allow you to look while they are still there. possibly giving you an explanation about why you got the ticket.

i have lots of experience with cops b/c i have delivered pizzas for 6 years full time and they are not hard to deal with.

very similar to women you have to tell them what the want to hear
                              ''COUPE''

''WAGON''

Comment

Working...
                              X