Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

90-93 Total Poly Kit (w/ Rr Upr C-arm Bushings)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

90-93 Total Poly Kit (w/ Rr Upr C-arm Bushings)

90-93 TOTAL POLY KIT (W/ RR UPR C-ARM BUSHINGS)
    Production vehicles are built using rubber bushings in control arms, strut arms, motor mounts, transmission mounts, sway bars and shocks. Not only are rubber components on the soft side, they also tend to deteriorate rapidly. This contributes to premature component failure, a "spongy" ride and less than ideal performance handling. Urethane's stiffness and durability can correct these conditions, while improving drivability.
    Kit Includes:
    Ball joint boots, front and rear control arm bushings, shock bushings, strut arm/rod bushings, sway bar bushings, sway bar end links, tie rod boots and rear upper control arm bushings.

Would this kit be a good idea since I'm going to do all of this suspension work anyway? What else would I have to replace?
    My Car
    FREE Web hosting solutions

it depends on what you are using the car for. is it a daily and you are in an assortment of weather conditions (heat-cold). its a summer or fun car that you dont have to deal with everytime you want to drive somewhere?

Polyurathane is harder, which increases stiffness, but this also gives a harsher ride (although also better suspension response). this stiffness transfers the energy that would have been used to deform the rubber bushings into whatever component its on. so you are adding more force to your shocks/body ect.

Although i haven't experianced it myself there is a chance of increased suspension squeek.

SO... to answer your question, yes if you are doing all of your suspension you should replace those parts, its a matter of the questions above as to which you replace with polyurathane and which is stock rubber.

I highly suggest the swaybar bushings and the end links, as they give the car a sportier feel and dont really hurt your ride quality.

also i have noticed with my accord that the stiffer suspension is great on the track and highways ect, but start talking back roads the ride is bearable, but its now something i avoid... and i drove it once in cold rain and it made me very happy to have another car.
    Engines hate me... thats why they commit suicide

Comment

Daily driver, all environments, mostly on paved roads.
      My Car
      FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

it all depends on what you want. Your also worried about too much stiffness with your spring set-up, this will harden up your suspension a lot. Most people put this as am upgrade, but have you ever ridden in an accord with OME bushings and balljoints that are still good? I have, and the difference between them is night and day.

Also,

Originally posted by mchaley
        Not only are rubber components on the soft side, they also tend to deteriorate rapidly.
        Think about that. Our cars are 15+ old. OEM bushings do not deteriorate faster, but to the contrary last longer than polyurethane. Ive heard of people needing new poly ones after 50k.

The choice is yours, but dont go polyurethane just becasue its an "upgrade". most people dont even know what the car can do with stock bushings. Im not knocking on poly bushings, im just saying, if your worried about H&R or neu. Race springs might be too stiff, i think you better reconsider poly bushings.

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

hmmm...good point. I concur.
          also though, if you like the car to feel put together and tight, then Poly is the way to go...I loved the poly kit in my Supra...but I whave yet to try it in an Accord.... we'll see...

Comment

I put the energy kit on mine, but make sure to drench it with the grease, get an extra tub to make sure of that.
            With a 1.5" drop, and 18s, my ride is stiff but, tokico blues smooth out the jarrs,
            In my opinion the bushings were a step in a good direction.

Originally posted by zack_odom
            Yummmmm. I'm going to go eat some Buddy Club sauce with my Mugen Spoon.

Comment

Werd.
              And when did I say that^?lol!

Comment

it would be good if you need to replace them anyways. i personally have felt more of a response to a higher spring rate spring.

but it is just an eye sore to see all the bushings cracked and/or sagging.
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

FYI I have bad bushings on my lower control arms etc. So i bought a full set of control, and radius arm bushings. It only cost 128 straight from honda! Having an old car is awesome
                  To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

Originally posted by SoySauceCb7 View Post
                    FYI I have bad bushings on my lower control arms etc. So i bought a full set of control, and radius arm bushings. It only cost 128 straight from honda! Having an old car is awesome
                    Why are you bumping up a 5 year old thread?...
                    Current:
                    2007 Acura TL Type-S 6MT KBP

Past:
                    1992 Honda Accord EX-R Sedan - RIP
                    1991 Honda Accord EX-R Wagon - RIP 10/14/2010

Words change lives. You just got to choose the right ones.

Instagram: @CB7Nub

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.

Comment

Poly is ok:
                      Shift linkage bushings
                      Engine mounts
                      Steering rack
                      Front upper arms
                      Sway bar mounts and end links
                      Lower control arms to shock mounts
                      Upper shock mounts (top hats)
                      Front crossmember/radius rods

Poly is NOT ok, use OEM or Mugen hard rubber:
                      Rear trailing arms
                      Lower control arms to body (front & rear)
                      Rear lower control arms to trailing arms
                      Compensator arms
                      Rear upper arms

Comment

Originally posted by CB7Nub View Post
                        Why are you bumping up a 5 year old thread?...
                        Lol maybe he can tell us how the poly bushings have faired over the last five years

Comment

+1 OEM works wonders!
                          To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

Other than the dealer, who sells the rubber kit with a good price? I could only find the poly kits but never seen a complete rubber ones.
                            Thanks.

Comment

Don`t think they make a "rubber kit."
                              If you want OEM, you probably have to piece it all together from a dealership.
                              Maybe try RockAuto?

Project:Black Skittle

AOM->April 2014

MRT->http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199779

Comment

Working...
                              X