Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Traction bars reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traction bars reviews

Hey i tried to search but some threads are not available to me.

Had a question on people with traction bars.

How much of a difference is it with or without traction bars when it comes to wheel hop?

What are the advantages and disadvantages of running them on our daily?

Esp if your daily has a H22 with no LSD trans (WHEELHOP GALORE)
    Ebay equipment vs something like ESP

help is much appreciated.

thanks

If I can't find wat I'm lookin for here in a search, I go to google and type.

Cb7tuner.com traction bar and some threads will come up
    **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
    Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
    Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
      If I can't find wat I'm lookin for here in a search, I go to google and type.

Cb7tuner.com traction bar and some threads will come up
      Change "cb7tuner.com" to "site:cb7tuner.com" and Google will only return results from cb7tuner.com. Much better!

Comment

Originally posted by evilbender View Post
        Hey i tried to search but some threads are not available to me.

Had a question on people with traction bars.

How much of a difference is it with or without traction bars when it comes to wheel hop?

What are the advantages and disadvantages of running them on our daily?

Esp if your daily has a H22 with no LSD trans (WHEELHOP GALORE)
        Ebay equipment vs something like ESP

help is much appreciated.

thanks

Traction bar eliminates wheel hop fully, and Increases traction as a result.

Advantages are as above, The disadvantages were a very slightly rougher ride by transmitting the force directly to the chassis.

I can't vouch for any particular brand as I built my own.
        But if you get one, you won't regret it.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

I have a Collective Racing traction bar, along with an H22 and non-LSD transmission.
          My clutch went out shortly after the traction bar install, so I didn't get to truly experience the full effects (still waiting to get the car back on the road from that clutch failure.)
          My traction bar is welded to my frame.

I don't believe Collective Racing produces those bars anymore, but I know ESP does... and the design is similar enough that I'd be just as comfortable using the ESP bar.
          I think there may be some cheap ones found on eBay as well... but to be honest, I wouldn't trust those. If a shoddy weld gives out while you're driving hard, you could very easily lose control of your car.

Comment

thanks guys that's good info, i might get an ebay one and have one of my friends who is a welder to go over the welds and strengthen the bar itself.

Comment

the esp bar is great i dont have one yet but my friend just bought one for his crx ive seen it close,held it and the welds where great and the torque mount was awesome cant wait to order one. since he is local to me i bought parts from them and a h22 mount kit, him and his dad are good people.

Comment

the esp bar is a great piece, especially since you can get it in defferent colors

versus an ebay piece you are guaranteed that no matter how much power you make the bar will deliver

i have more experience with ebay bars, other than color and the availability to add the torque mount without having to make it your self I have no regrets on the ebay bar

i've installed 4 so far on customers cars with no problems whatsoever, and if you are worried about power, there is one in a 450whp turbo h22 with an lsd transmission on 18's it has been in his car for 3 years

not to knock off esp, but to get one from them is atleast 2 months @$350

ebay=$150=1week=no wheel hop=
                Originally posted by deevergote
                Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Originally posted by PR CB7 View Post

not to knock off esp, but to get one from them is atleast 2 months @$350

ebay=$150=1week=no wheel hop=
                  I've been waiting 8 months now for mine and no word from ESP. Either get a custom one or go with the eBay one...

Comment

Originally posted by itstatcb7kid707 View Post
                    I've been waiting 8 months now for mine and no word from ESP. Either get a custom one or go with the eBay one...
                    I just got off the phone with John this am. I`m also waiting for parts from ESP.
                    They are extremely busy and are trying to get orders out. My stuff just got sent to powder coat. I`m so excited and cant wait to see the final products.

Advice about cheap eBay knock off china crap, You Get What You Pay For.

From ESP`s site.....

"1) The steel is China grade
                    2) The welding material is not up to US specs. We in the US have strict rules and guidelines on welding material and what is acceptable.
                    3) The welds are totally wavy and do not penetrate. Welding is a skill and there are certain tricks to make a weld penetrate. This is not done.
                    4) The Heims have been proven to fail.
                    5) Hardware is cheap and equivilant to grade 4/5 Suspension parts require much stronger grade.
                    6) The thickness of there steel is a lot thinner then ours. Just like the China Cheap Headers the welds and steel are garbage.
                    7) They come painted and not powder coated. Chips off and rust very easily.
                    8) Lastly the Traction Bar System is main suspension part. This breaks your wheels will move and end result could be harming your self or others on the road. This is not worth a few bucks!!!

I have had tons of phone calls about these Ebay Traction Bar Systems failing and leaving the person stranded on the road side. I have personally inspected the Knock Off... in every way it is garbage, we have stress tested it and it didn't even come up to 1/4 par with ours.

Bottom line is spend the extra few bucks and get something quality made!!!"
                    Last edited by DanCan; 01-22-2013, 11:27 PM.

Project:Black Skittle

AOM->April 2014

MRT->http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199779

Comment

I don't want to turn this into another vendor-bashing thread at all. I firmly believe that ESP makes top-notch stuff. However...of course they say that. Those generic manufacturers have offered the buyer a way to get roughly the same thing for a third of the cost.

Is ESP's better? I'm sure. How much better? I'm not qualified to answer that.
                      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

ive also dealt with the place they go to powder coat there stuff, CT specialties in Olympia Wa they do good work also.

Comment

I've noticed that most of these traction bars eliminate the small crossmember in the center that goes under the back of the oil pan. Has anyone with a traction bar retained that crossmember? is it possible?

I wish I could trade my heart for an extra liver, just so I can drink more and care less.

Comment

Originally posted by bassrock234 View Post
                            I've noticed that most of these traction bars eliminate the small crossmember in the center that goes under the back of the oil pan. Has anyone with a traction bar retained that crossmember? is it possible?
                            I've never seen one either, though it wouldn't be hard to weld a plate on with some captive nuts to refit it.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

anyone have pics of theirs? curious as to how they look on the cb7.

Comment

Working...
                              X