New every ball joint....still shakes at 55 ish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New every ball joint....still shakes at 55 ish

I have over the last two weeks replaced upper balls, lower balls and tie rod ends and wheel bearings and intermediate shaft and bearing. Every thing I have put on has made the shake tighter, more violent. I used to cruise at 70 with a soft slight shake, now I cruise at 55-60 feeling like I need to pull over. I have not had it aligned yet, (tie rod ends) because I think its something else maybe. My car does not pull now nor did it before I started. That being said here is my list of up next.
    1.alignment (tired of throwing parts at it)
    2.new hubs and rotors sucks cause I just put bearings in.
    3.rack and pinion.
    4.bushings (they aren't that old and are neoprene).
    5.wheels and tires its last cause Iike stock wheels and its hard to find 16 inch from a 2.3 cl at the junk yard.
    At 330,000 miles I probly need this whole list but would love to hear how someone has solved their shakes. Maybe I need to change the order of attack.
    Last edited by cb7 calling; 05-01-2013, 09:25 PM.
    ......father in law has it back again. Time to shine

How about inner tie rod ends?
    Originally posted by deevergote
    These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Alignment and tires. Any tire place will balance the wheel and tire combo ruling out anything but the worst of issues there.
      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Im in the same boat, I have replaced EVERY DAM THING and i still get the shakes. I mean EVERYTHING. im currently on my second rebuild. new ball joints, adjustable SPC camber kit, new bushings, new outter tie rods, inners are rock solid. new road force balance, new rims and new tires. I swear im going to just drive my car into a lake and leave it
        To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

Wheels are out of balance.
          A&P-IA

Comment

Have you hit anything.. Like a curb or something like that? The wheel its self could be out of round.
            SuddenCb7 - 1992 Honda Accord EX Coupe

Comment

wheel balance should be top on the list. something rotational is definitely out of whack.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
              member ride thread
              11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
              DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
              People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
              I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
              John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

If you put it in neutral does it go away? If so then your axles are to blame. Go under there and see if there is play. Rotate the tire a few times each time you check for play.

My van would shake on acceleration with a load and I tried everything, ended up being a bad axle.
                What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Shoot I forgot to add axles also just got done. I feel like it could be a warped hub causing my rim to flex when I tighten it. Maybe inner tie rods. Have you had bad inner tie rods cause shaking before? I have replaced them when they would click while turning but idk mine seem tight. If I can manage to get to work and back till Sunday ill do inner tie rods then alignment. If not Ima drop it off for an alignment today at lunch. I drive 35 miles to work ill know exactly where I stand in about an hour.
                  Last edited by cb7 calling; 05-01-2013, 07:19 AM.
                  ......father in law has it back again. Time to shine

Comment

sounds like your tires need to be balanced
                    visit vgruk

Comment

Originally posted by turbo90accord View Post
                      wheel balance should be top on the list. something rotational is definitely out of whack.
                      Originally posted by RyanD View Post
                      sounds like your tires need to be balanced
                      Originally posted by oyajicool View Post
                      Wheels are out of balance.

This

This

This

this

t
                      h
                      i
                      s
                      Originally posted by wed3k
                      im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Did you get your wheels balanced yet???? Are they missing weights? Did you inspect them?
                        If you replaced your steering, you most likley replaced the inner tie rods.

Comment

i just mentioned it because everyone else has and OP seems to not be taking the advice
                          visit vgruk

Comment

I just like to post pictures...

Comment

Originally posted by jhoff_cb7 View Post
                              I just like to post pictures...
                              Jared loves his aides

BB6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=200445<Summer Lover
                              BD6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194262<Dailey/Future AutoX
                              Mazda 6s->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201313<Wifes
                              CB7->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189108<Sold

Comment

Working...
                              X