Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adjustable Control Arms found, worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adjustable Control Arms found, worth it?

I found these just now browsing on Ebay...would you take the risk on them?

The brand is "Awesome Car Parts" lol but for 50 bucks and having camber +/- 4 deg. adjustability? I wonder if you can swap out the balljoint with a high quality one? They also come in different colors

http://www.ebay.com/itm/90-93-ACCORD...3a439a&vxp=mtr
    Last edited by Losiracer2; 09-24-2013, 11:14 PM.

member's ride thread
    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
    91 Accord SE 176k
    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

They look like they are just EF upper control arms with adjustable ball-joints (EF civic upper control arms are known to induce large amounts of negative camber on cb7s). Seems like a cheap company. If I was going that route, I would probably find a reputable company to purchase them from.
    Last edited by oni_cb7; 09-24-2013, 11:40 PM.

Comment

yeah, some skunk2 EF arms have been rumored to work, but I'm unsure of anyone actually running them.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
      Originally posted by Stephen Fry
      'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
      Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Why not just buy a kit and modify OEM? The ball joint is easy to get out, people just don't do it because they aren't generally sold seperately.
        Originally posted by wed3k
        im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

From what I can see in the pic, there doesn't look like there's even close to 4 degree of adjustability in those ball joints.
          Originally posted by Mishakol129
          Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Originally posted by toycar View Post
            Why not just buy a kit and modify OEM? The ball joint is easy to get out, people just don't do it because they aren't generally sold seperately.
            An SPC kit is 150+ shipping, roughly 3x the cost of these.

member's ride thread
            93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
            99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
            91 Accord SE 176k
            97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

i have the ingalls kit on my coupe. only thing that sucks about it is it will hit the strut tower until it beats it back.
              COUPE K24

Comment

Get the SPC adjustable ball joints. Do it once and do it right!
                To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

It comes down to this. Are you willing to risk your life and others around you? On those (until proven otherwise) crap no name ball joints and cheap hardware.

Don't cheap out on ball joints!

Also Skunk2 updated their CA a while back to include a back plate to help keep the ball joint from moving. I just don't see these cheap "Awesome Car Parts" CA maintaining their position/adjustment.

Last edited by Tishock; 09-27-2013, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tishock View Post
                    Also Skunk2 updated their CA a while back to include a back plate to help keep the ball joint from moving.
                    In terms of degree of adjustments on those ^ "updated Skunk2's"
                    Can you get past 3 degrees? What would you say is max?
                    That's a great consideration and a very well made CA by the skunk crew!

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

But it's JDM yo!

I wouldn't trust them... The title of the auction is why.

Comment

Anything for $55 shipped that says JDM and claims compatibility with Accords and Civics simply has to be crap.

As someone who has once made the mistake of trusting a cheap camber kit, I can tell you that saving a few bucks is NOT worth the risk. I was very fortunate that mine didn't break completely before I got home, or I'd have crashed.
                        As others have said, don't risk your safety, or that of those with or around you. Don't cheap out on things that will make you crash if they fail.

Comment

That stuff looks like crap, the bolts look like they would just rip right thru the slots. Aren't you an engineering major and know better than that?

Besides, if you wanna be cheap just get the Ingalls or SPC t-bolt kit, it's not the right way but you won't die.
                          1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

T-bolt? The anchor bolt kit?

Honestly, I would NEVER buy anything but Ingalls or SPC. I currently have the TASauto arms with Ingalls ball joints in them.
                            "Adjustable arms" are essentially a myth. The only way to adjust camber is to change the location of the upper ball joint... either by making the ball joint itself adjustable, or by sliding the entire control arm. Any fancy cheapo arm is going to do exactly the same thing as the anchor bolt or ball joint kits.

You've been around long enough to know how it works... spend the money for the expensive camber kit now, and you'll save at least that much in the next 6 months... since you won't be chewing through $400+ worth of tires!

Comment

You get what you pay for these days.....
                              sad that people are still cheaping out on vital suspension parts...
                              someones going to get hurt....
                              do it right, do it once.

Project:Black Skittle

AOM->April 2014

MRT->http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199779

Comment

Working...
                              X