Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Removing my rear stabilizer bar!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing my rear stabilizer bar!?

I wanted to purchase the magnaflow cat back but it says it only works for the sedans without rear stabilizer bar, if I were to take off how extreme of a difference would it make. I don't want to gain a ton of body roll from it, or should I be fine?

Front wheel drive cars benefit heavily from having a rear sway bar. In the case of the Accord, the ones that come on the EX/SE are small enough to not really be heavily noticed, but they are certainly an upgrade. However, I would never completely remove the one that's in place unless I was replacing it with an aftermarket part.

All this said, I'm not sure of the validity of the Magnaflow claim. It could be true, and it could also be something that could be adjusted with the hanger length. Not sure.

Also, a Progress rear bar is just a nice modification to do, anyway. So, if you're set on the Magnaflow, maybe see if you can swing both.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

It actually installs fine without hitting the bar (factory). HOWEVER I have heard of some people saying it doesn't... again, heard, not actually seen the issue.
      Aftermarket bars, same thing.

I'm currently running the Magnaflow system. Biggest complaint is the low frequency drone at cruising speed (45 and up). Still tinkering with things myself to kill that.
      Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

Sorry for the crazy late response. Just wanted to close out some old threads. So I installed the catback, it fits but it does vibrate a little on the sway bar. But now that I've changed out some bushings and hangers, haven't heard it since! Also I went from straight pipe to this so the drone is near gone for me!

Comment

Unless they've changed the exhaust system, I do not see an issue with the fit.

Is this the oval shaped tip one? Almost 15 years ago I helped install one onto my best friend's wife's 1990 EX with the OEM rear sway bar and we never had an issue with contact.

Comment

[QUOTE=AccordWarrior;3290308]Unless they've changed the exhaust system, I do not see an issue with the fit.

Is this the oval shaped tip one? Almost 15 years ago I helped install one onto my best friend's wife's 1990 EX with the OEM rear sway bar and we never had an issue with contact.[/QUOTEit

it has the oval muffler and a round tip

https://www.proimporttuners.com/imag...__15687_lg.jpg

Comment

Working...
            X