Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Power Steering Pump Rebuild. Is 94-97 tutorial the same?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power Steering Pump Rebuild. Is 94-97 tutorial the same?

I see the diy on here for our ps pump seal rebuild but there are no pics. I am wondering if 94-97 accord is the same as ours. I see video tutorials on that and some other years and different honda models.

The 94 pump (looked at the exploded view on www.hondaautomotiveparts.com) looks like it may be a vane pump instead of the gear pump that is used on the 90 - 93. The website exploded view shows all the parts. Pretty much just take it apart, clean everything, and reassemble using the new seals. If I remember correctly, the pulley nut is left handed.

Last edited by Fleetw00d; 11-03-2019, 11:03 PM.
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
      The 94 pump (looked at the exploded view on www.hondaautomotiveparts.com) looks like it may be a vane pump instead of the gear pump that is used on the 90 - 93. The website exploded view shows all the parts. Pretty much just take it apart, clean everything, and reassemble using the new seals. If I remember correctly, the pulley nut is left handed.

So i shouldn't have much to fear. Like a spring or something popping out and the ps pump becoming like humpty dumpty.

Comment

Only spring is item 5. Make sure you keep track of the orientation of the gears and bearings and that you put them back in the same orientation. Be careful installing the cover (item 3) with the new seal (item 19) so that the shoulder on the shaft doesn't turn the seal inside-out. It helps if you clean the exterior as best you can before disassembling it.
        Last edited by Fleetw00d; 11-04-2019, 06:55 PM.
        90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
        08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

All done and ps pump like new it seems. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by zedjr10 View Post
            All done and ps pump like new it seems. Thanks
            I was hoping you'd screw it up - then I could sell you one.

Just kidding Good job!

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
              I was hoping you'd screw it up - then I could sell you one.

Just kidding Good job!
              haha. You are like the honda part salesman.

Comment

Working...
              X