• Show
Clear All

Stereo problem...

Head Unit:
    RAV-DVD1 (rockford fosgate dvd player)

Car:
    93 Acoord LX 5-spd

Problem:
    This unit works great except for one thing... The power seems to cut out every once in a while. When the power cuts out the lights in the buttons stay on, but the screens shut off. When power comes back on after God knows how long, the radio station presets are still saved from before, but all the audio presets (bass, mids, highs, etc.) are reset to zero. It will also remember the time of any cd or dvd that was playing prior. So, to me, this means that the main power is cutting out, but the ACC power is still good which is why the memory kinda still is there ya know.

I've been told a few things by Rockford and they didn't seem to help me out any. Could this be the wiring harness on the back of the head unit? Could there be a problem with OEM wiring from the car? Could my fuses be the culprit, having one fuse from the car at say 10 and the fuse on the head unit at maybe 20? (not sure what the true fuse sizes are, just shootin numbers out)... Could it be somethin else? I'm gonna get a voltmeter on it soon and look at that aspect to see if I'm fully losing power in my power wires or if it's a problem with the head unit's power inside or somethin.

Any other suggestions/comments? OH, I haven't had this problem with ANY other head unit, but this is the first DVD unit I've used. Does a dvd unit draw more power or something? In that case are the wires too small making wire resistance too much for the unit to recognize or something?

Thanks,
    Kriesel
    Last edited by Kriesel; 09-29-2004, 12:52 PM.
    AND WHEN HE GETS TO HEAVEN, TO SAINT PETER HE WILL TELL: "JUST ANOTHER SOLDIER REPORTING SIR. I'VE SERVED MY TIME IN HELL."

My Member's Rides...
    My CarDomain...

are you running 2 amps or more and any other electrical stuff....you might have to get a more powerful alternator....one of my buddy's had the same problem in a DA. what else do you have in the system chain??
    "Bean Town Crew" Member #2

Comment

yeah, i'm running two amps. one for the sub at 600w and one for the components at 300w... that makes sense that i'd need a bigger alternator. then i've got a smaller amp to amplify the video signal coming out of the head unit since i'm running more than one screen.
      AND WHEN HE GETS TO HEAVEN, TO SAINT PETER HE WILL TELL: "JUST ANOTHER SOLDIER REPORTING SIR. I'VE SERVED MY TIME IN HELL."

My Member's Rides...
      My CarDomain...

Comment

Working...
      X