Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Converting seat belts & rear brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Converting seat belts & rear brakes

Hi,

I'm brand new to this site, and brand new to owning a CB7 Honda. So far loving it!

I've just bought a 1990 Accord LX Coupe. It's got a JDM H22A engine with custom CAI, 'meh'gan header, some kind of AM exhaust, V-AFC, etc. It came to me all riced out, slammed with some crappy eBay springs and a full body kit that I'm not sure I like (though I admit the kit has grown on me a little). So far I've replaced all the valve cover studs/nuts/gaskets to stop it from dumping oil, and replaced a couple O2 sensors and the cat so now it finally passed emissions testing! I want to upgrade the rear brakes, and the interior needs some serious work, which brings me to my question.

I want to replace all of the seat belts (front and back) because they're moldy. That said, I really hate door mounted power seat belts. Has anyone had any success with replacing the power jobs with a standard 'manual' retractable seat belt? Is there even a good place to mount one?

Additionally, I want to replace the drum brakes in back with discs, ala the EX. I found this:

http://www.tasauto.com/Product/Detai...100&d=1777&p=1

...which seems about perfect, except the rotors/pads don't appear to be the greatest, and I wonder if I could do it better for less money piecing together the individual parts. Is that possible? Has anyone else out there done just that?

Where do you guys go for OEM replacement parts? Googling around I found a bunch of places with bad reviews according to the BBB that are also super overpriced. I was sent a PDF catalog from a place in Tukwilla, WA that I think started with the letter 'V', but I can't remember for the life of me now and the document is lost. It had good prices though, so I know there are places out there.
    Last edited by capncrunk; 11-20-2010, 02:31 PM.

Not sure about the belts.

Best way to convert to rear discs (and get a rear sway bar in the process) is to go to a salvage yard and take the whole rear suspension from an EX. Take the front sway bar is well, it is larger than the stock LX front bar.

Best place for OEM replacement parts is Majestic Honda. They sell Honda parts for 30- 40% off, very quick shipping. Plan ahead, make one big purchase to minimize shipping and handling charges. Even things like mufflers don't count as oversize (resulting in extra shipping $).
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

I just went to the junkyard to today and got an ex's rear set up for $100. ONly thing I forgot (didn't realize it til after the JY closed) was the brake hoses although i read DIY on this and specificially said that i needed the hoses i forgot them. So if go to the JY don't forget the hoses.
      IridiumCore
      HCK-The Beginning

--------------------------------------
      Your drunk she doesn't look that good.

Comment

I'm not 100% sure of the automatic seatbelts, but I suggest that you check under your center pilarcovers if you can spot these mounting holes.

The upper mounting hole. You probably don't have the black bracket on it. It's got 2 bolts. Check those also.

The lower mounting hole. Remove some of the carpet aside to check under the carpet if there is a bolthole.

Remember that those small boltholes aren't what take the shot when crashing, those are just to keep them aligned. Under the carpet are the bad boys and bigger holes that the impact goes.
        If you've got these spots then it should go quite easy to change those manualbelts. Hope this helps...

Comment

Thanks for the responses guys! As soon as my work week ends and the ice melts I'm going to check things out.

Comment

Working...
          X