Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 pair of rear top hats

Comment

Alright, so I'll add your name to the list.

Current List:
      1. Jarrett - 1 pair of rear top hats
      2. Tishock - 1 pair of rear top hats
      3. Darkcloud - 1 pair of rear top hats
      4. TuneAccordingly - 1 pair of rear top hats
      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Add me. Time to start messing with the rear suspension and my passenger side top hat is.... "Crusty," to say the least.

'98 Prelude resto/mod thread

Comment

Current List:
          1. Jarrett - 1 pair of rear top hats
          2. Tishock - 1 pair of rear top hats
          3. Darkcloud - 1 pair of rear top hats
          4. TuneAccordingly - 1 pair of rear top hats
          5. Chrisnick - 1 pair of rear top hats

Alright guys, I'll contact him today to let him know we hit 5 people. Anyone else who wants in should make their desire known pretty quickly. This can be for fronts or rears. I chose to focus on rears for this group buy because that's a component that doesn't exist for our cars right now. But if you need fronts only or fronts and rears, this is for you, too.
          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Would you happen to be able to find out which bushing this uses? Almost looks similar in size to the front upper shock bushings for CB/CD's. I know the rears on the CB/CD's are a larger diameter than the fronts.

Reason I ask is because I happen to have a spare set of front upper shock bushings...

'98 Prelude resto/mod thread

Comment

I don't know.

Here's the link to the product page for the 3rd gen, not that the bushing/isolator information is applicable.

http://www.cheddasauto.com/apps/webs...s/show/5170339

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisnick View Post
                Would you happen to be able to find out which bushing this uses? Almost looks similar in size to the front upper shock bushings for CB/CD's. I know the rears on the CB/CD's are a larger diameter than the fronts.

Reason I ask is because I happen to have a spare set of front upper shock bushings...
                Cheddas auto makes rear strut top hat bushings and they are in fact bigger
                NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
                DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

Finally I can comment! Thanks for starting feeler. I'm definetly interested in making these for you gentleman. I may try to make them in a two piece bolt together assembly to keep the material costs down. Last time I made them they were 70 a set just for the billet.

We're still interested right?

Comment

I'm still interested, have cash waiting
                    NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
                    DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

Originally posted by Darkcloud View Post
                      I'm still interested, have cash waiting

Sounds good. I just have to source a rear top hat. Most of it is the same as the 3g accord. The only issue is bolt spacing so hopefully it's an easy go. I will start modeling it and get a quote on some materials. Preferably we do 15 sets and get atleast 8 people to group buy for the best cost.

As for bushings I will be keeping the Oem sizing to make it easy on customers to source parts. They are a 50mm bushing, and energy makes them.

I will try my best to keep the dollar figure arundel 150 a set plus probably 15 for shipping.

Comment

I was lucky enough to get all the dimensions off of a fellow member. We've devised a way to make them from a two piece design without any issue. Drawings to come soon.

Comment

Interesting... the rear top hats would be taller then oem? Oem ones are kind of tall already.

Comment

Originally posted by chedda_jsauto View Post
                            I was lucky enough to get all the dimensions off of a fellow member. We've devised a way to make them from a two piece design without any issue. Drawings to come soon.
                            Heh, hi Jordain, it's Jason.
                            Originally posted by Mishakol129
                            Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Originally posted by dj_ender View Post
                              Heh, hi Jordain, it's Jason.
                              Hi!

Btw they have to be taller or you wont get any extra length out of the travel of shock. That is how you get a longer stroke. I designed it with another 32mm of stroke but I could do less.

Got the design worked out today. Threaded like a coil over but non adjustable. Here we go.

Comment

I'm also interested.

Any idea what sort of bushing would be used?

Comment

Working...
                                X