Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

static noise in speakers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

static noise in speakers.

i hooked up my amp and when turn on the music i can hear static noises. im guessing i have a certain wire hooked up wrong. i'm not sure... any other possible way to to cause this noise?

Poor ground. Clean up all your grounding points and tightened them up good.
    1993 Accord LX Coupe 5spd

Comment

Originally posted by ssondubs View Post
      Poor ground. Clean up all your grounding points and tightened them up good.
      u mean the ground for the amp?

Comment

Originally posted by Ely585 View Post
        u mean the ground for the amp?
        Check every ground to make sure.

Also make sure your RCA cable isn't grounding due to chaffed RCA cable insulation.
        1993 Accord LX Coupe 5spd

Comment

If the static is coming from the speakers I would look for bad speaker connections either at the amp or the back of the deck. You should even consider the RCA's as well, could be bad. A bad amp ground will cause the amp to shut off and on during high power draw or turning, not static.
          Originally posted by Mishakol129
          Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

When you ran the wires for the amp, were you sure that you did not run the rca's next to the power wire?

PARTING OUT MY 1990 EX COUPE!! EVERYTHING FOR SALE! CLICK HERE
            Listen or download the first 4 songs I completed for my new upcoming album here!!
            My member's ride

Comment

Originally posted by AbsurdNY View Post
              When you ran the wires for the amp, were you sure that you did not run the rca's next to the power wire?
              Again, this WONT cause static. This will cause engine noise (hum) to leak into the audio stream, NOT static. Its a loose SPEAKER wire.
              Originally posted by Mishakol129
              Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Working...
              X