People with cats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People with cats

If you have a cat or cats, are they indoor cars or outside? If they are indoor cats, have they ever run away before? Did they come back?

We have/had a kitten thats about 20 weeks old or whatever we think it snuck out as our mother left for work. We're hoping it'll come back but seeing as it has never been outside before she probably doesn't know her way home.

I felt it was a smart kitten because she would always jump on my should and sit there like a parrot. She also always woke you up at the exact same time every morning especially my sister because well it was her cat. I'm sure you can tell we're quite disturbed with the dissappearence of our kitten. I keep trying to call my mom but i don't know why i pay like 50 bucks a month for her cell phone but she never answers the damn thing. I figured i'd call her work and leave a message with them to have her call home as it was an "emergency"... no luck there either.

She'll come back. Even at 20 weeks old, she's probably smarter than you with finding her way around.

We have two outdoor cats that we've seen nearly 5 miles from our house, and they both come back every night and sleep on our porch.

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

I have 2 cats....both of which are indoor....and neither have escaped....but I live in an apartment so its a little harder for them to do so.

Im sure you already have but scour the neighborhood....I doubt shed venture that far away....and youd be surprised how well shed know her way back home....cats are very territorial and dont like enter other cats territories or go that far from their own.

fuckin josh beat me to it haha

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

Thanks for responding guys. I hope she does come back. In the mean time, one of my friends who's a big animal lover said to just leave a bowl of water and food outside.

Our house is a on busy street so i hope no one picked her up and my brother and sister already combed the two side streets to our east and west, no luck.
        Last edited by Leung; 09-29-2011, 04:36 PM.

Comment

*UPDATE*

Kitty came home. well appearently she was hiding in the bushes near the back patio. I walked by there earlier before i made this thread but i didn't see anything or hear her.

Comment

Originally posted by Leung View Post
            I walked by there earlier before i made this thread but i didn't see anything or hear her.
            Duh, she wasn't done playing outside.

1999 BMW M3
            2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
            2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
            2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

since we can't trust mom with not letting her outside again, between my sister and I we've agreed to put the kitten in one of our bedrooms if we leave the house.

Comment

Why cant your mom just look and see if the kitties around when shes leaving

From time to time my one cat will try and sneak out when I leave....but its not hard to see a cat eyeing the door as your leaving so shes yet to succeed.

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

I've had outdoor cats all my life. For a very long while they'd always return, but after a few years something would inevitably happen and we'd never see them again. Yeah you get a kick out of it bringing you back gifts in the form of rabbits and birds, but that's like a family member disappearing! My current cat is strictly kept inside, having only slipped out with the dogs once. The trouble is the clever bastard can open light doors (we've got some of those contoured handles inside), so he doesn't always stay downstairs where he's kept. If I were you I'd not start letting him outside.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by King James View Post
                    Why cant your mom just look and see if the kitties around when shes leaving

From time to time my one cat will try and sneak out when I leave....but its not hard to see a cat eyeing the door as your leaving so shes yet to succeed.
                    Because it's my mom. She can see far away but if it's something right in front of her, she can't she for shit.

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
                    I've had outdoor cats all my life. For a very long while they'd always return, but after a few years something would inevitably happen and we'd never see them again. Yeah you get a kick out of it bringing you back gifts in the form of rabbits and birds, but that's like a family member disappearing! My current cat is strictly kept inside, having only slipped out with the dogs once. The trouble is the clever bastard can open light doors (we've got some of those contoured handles inside), so he doesn't always stay downstairs where he's kept. If I were you I'd not start letting him outside.
                    That's the thing, she's suppose to be a strictly indoor cat but she probably snuck out when my mom let the dogs out to pee or when she was leaving for work. She's not care of anything.

Comment

I have 2 cats. Both can be the great, and both can be real jerks. One used to get outside because my stupid ex room mate would just let them out whenever.

We kicked out the room mate (which is the real problem) and instilled the WRATH OF GOD into those cats when they would get outside or try and get close to getting outside. Now they know that they should NOT be outside. My wife and I can leave our front door open for 10 minutes and get groceries out of the car and the cat's will just stay put.

You can even take them and put them outside and they get this terrified look on their face and you know their thinking "WTF!?!?!" and they run back inside as fast as they can. It's awesome.
                      Been a long time. Still alive...

Comment

We have two cats that live on a screened in porch. They are only allowed outside when supervised, typically on a leash. They both have collars with a phone number tag so if they do happen to escape, whoever finds them will know they already belong to someone else. We have 3 or 4 other cats that hang around outside; I think folks are dumping them in the neighborhood (at least 2 are declawed). Unfortunately, my kids leave food out for them and provide towels as beds under the porch (drives the cats on the porch crazy).
                        90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                        08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

my cats grew up outside for the first 2 months of their life so since they have gotten used to the plush indoor living nothing can get them to go outside lol

Comment

whats the purpose of an outdoor cat?

no
                            Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                            $30 HID kits here Thread
                            "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                            "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

I grew up with 2 indoor cats. We had a raised deck on our house, with no way for them to get off of it, other than falling about 10 feet, so we'd let them out on the deck as they pleased. We had a little cat door cut into the sliding screen door.

Other than going out on the deck, in their 18 year life spans, neither of them tried to sneak out the front door or escape.

I also dont understand the purpose of outdoor cats. Same with dogs kept tied up outdoors all the time. I can't stand that.

Comment

Working...
                              X