Idle problem with electrical load and/or A/C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idle problem with electrical load and/or A/C

Ok, here's my problem. The H22A1 runs great and I have the base idle set at around 750rpm, but if I roll down the window or use any electrical item, the idle drops and it feels like it wants to die. I can't use my A/C at idle because the car dies. I'm cosidering getting a P28 or P72 with a Hondata S300, but I was wondering if this would fix my problem. If I can fix this problem and still run the stock P13, it would be great! Then I can wait a bit before I get the tunability of the Hondata.

Anyone have any ideas as to what I can do to fix this? It's getting hella hot here and I NEED my A/C!
    Originally posted by Junior Smurff
    Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

try raising it to 850..

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

clean your iacv and then bring the idle up to 850 or u might be able to run it at 900 then check your alternater also your car might be holding the load as well do to power from the battery and alternater

(\__/)
      (O.o )
      (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Comment

The specs call for 750 +/- 50 rpm for base idle, so when I smog it (I'm in CA, so this is important) I have to be within that range. So basically, the problem that I want to fix is that the engine isn't compensating for the load when I know that it should. Bumping up the idle to 800 - 1000 rpm works, but it doesn't fix the problem, it's just a temporary solution. The F22 compensated for the AC and any other electrical load, but the H isn't.
        Originally posted by Junior Smurff
        Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

Test out your alternator and such? I have my idle set around 850. When I turn on the A/C idle drops down to 600 and feels like it wants to die also. I think mine is because my system is clogged somewhat so hence the large drop since I know my system is contaminated.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

I agree with cleaning your iacv and checking the alt. but from my own experence with a/c's is sometimes this idle circuit or solenoid craps out. sorry but I can't remember the technical term for it. but what it does is it bumps the idle up about 100rpm or so. which sounds like your problem.

added: if anything its something simple. cuz it worked before you know.
            always out numbered never out gunned..

Comment

My H22a does the same thing once its hot. I've been trying to figure it out but have come to a stand still. Keep it updated!

Comment

so any updates?
                always out numbered never out gunned..

Comment

bad a/c diode maybe or somethins is up with the eld system, maybe a mini-drain.

regards x

Comment

Working...
                  X