No announcement yet.

Just bought a new CB7!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm pretty sure that these were the wheels that came on the car. It's all stock, so I can't see anyone putting a different set of Honda wheels on it...
    Originally posted by Junior Smurff
    Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

Originally posted by 4GAccordH22
      I'm pretty sure that these were the wheels that came on the car. It's all stock, so I can't see anyone putting a different set of Honda wheels on it...
      The wheels on your car are most definitely 90-91 EX alloys. If you had a 91 SE, the wheels would be correct, but the 93 SE had wheels that were exlusive to the SE.

Comment

Yeah first thing I noticed were the wheels are not correct for that year of SE. They're definitely 90-91 EX and 91 SE wheels. I always wonder what people do with the original wheels because it's not the first time i've seen that.

Also, lose the steering wheel cover, the seatbelt covers, and get that driver's side seat recovered and you're golden!

Oh yeah, come by and let me see it Friday!
        "the J32a2 should be considered one of Honda's masterpieces..." Honda Tuning, July 2006

Comment

Originally posted by accordme93
          Yeah first thing I noticed were the wheels are not correct for that year of SE. They're definitely 90-91 EX and 91 SE wheels. I always wonder what people do with the original wheels because it's not the first time i've seen that.

Also, lose the steering wheel cover, the seatbelt covers, and get that driver's side seat recovered and you're golden!

Oh yeah, come by and let me see it Friday!
          My guess on situations like that (I've seen it a lot with other Hondas as well) is that the previous owner probably had a nice set of aftermarket wheels on it. Not thinking, he sold his stock alloys for a nice profit. When the time came to sell his car, he needed something to put back on the car that wasn't steelies. Of the alloys that fit the Accord, the 90-91 EX wheels are by far the cheapest set.

But that's just my guess on it.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
            My guess on situations like that (I've seen it a lot with other Hondas as well) is that the previous owner probably had a nice set of aftermarket wheels on it. Not thinking, he sold his stock alloys for a nice profit. When the time came to sell his car, he needed something to put back on the car that wasn't steelies. Of the alloys that fit the Accord, the 90-91 EX wheels are by far the cheapest set.

But that's just my guess on it.
            sounds like a good explanation to me.

i'm sure the 90-91 EX/SE wheels are the most common and cheapest. the 93 SE wheels are probably the most rare.

speaking of rare, on my way to work i saw a 90-91 coupe with OEM fogs and the "sunflower" rims which i never see.

i used to have an old magazine ad for the 92-93 coupe. it must of been the JDM model because it had the sunflower rims and a 4WS badge.
            "the J32a2 should be considered one of Honda's masterpieces..." Honda Tuning, July 2006

Comment

yeah i've seen numerous 93 SEs for sale online in the past w/o those SE alloys. moreso with the SE mats...I'm still not certain whether they were complimentary (for SE only) or not.

yeah the steering wheel cover....
              if you were needing one and were keeping OEM, the stitched one always looks good.
              '92 Accord LX Sedan--Bordeaux Red Pearl --OEM--279k Daily Driver
              EX Lip & Alpine OEM single CD Player. No more useless pocket!

Comment

Looks great from what I see! Time to lexol that whole interior. Seems like the driver's seat always gets shot first. Hopefully you can find a remedy for that though. As for the steering wheel cover, I told ya where to get an oem accessory cover with the correct hole placement.

Oh yeah these are the correct wheels that your car once came with:

But the car would look stunning with the 94-95 EX alloys like these:
                Last edited by Prez808; 07-27-2006, 03:18 PM.

Comment

The seat belt covers are gone, the seat covers came off as soon as I got it home. As for the steering wheel cover, it'll come off as soon as I get a decent replacement. Erik, do you have any contact info for that place in Berkeley for the corrent OEM cover?

Oh, the floor mats are in the trunk... <--(like the struts hehe) I might be willing to buy some 93 SE wheels if the price is right.
                  Originally posted by Junior Smurff
                  Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

http://www.wheelskins.com/

Comment

Working...
                    X