How Do i remove roof drip molding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Do i remove roof drip molding?

I got a 92 ex coupe and my roof drip molding is in horrible shape. I got 2 better ones from junkyard. How do i remove these from car. I see the clip in back is the tricky part. Anyone?

Aww man you didn't figure it out when you were taking the ones off at the junkyard? I would love to know this as well. I may be going back to the yard in the next week or so, I'll try to remember to do this when I go.
    My '91 LX build. Bought September 2017. Sold June 2020.
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...r /> t=209871
    Current mileage: 399450 5/18/2020

My '92 LX build. Bought Novemeber 2019. http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...91#post3293791
    Current mileage: 422679 11/21/19

Comment

Originally posted by wtfisafleek View Post
      Aww man you didn't figure it out when you were taking the ones off at the junkyard? I would love to know this as well. I may be going back to the yard in the next week or so, I'll try to remember to do this when I go.
      I didn't know there was a process until recently. I ripped the ones out from the JY. Doesn't much help in putting them back in. It looks like a u clip. I don't want to damage anything. I can't figure out how to get it out without bending the rear windshield molding it seems to much.

Comment

Yeah I would like to know the process as well. Mine came in the trunk of my CB when I bought it & have never put them on because I didn't know how. It looks like it hooks under the front & rear windshields I think?
        Keep Pushing..

Comment

I have to grab some window trim clips at the junkyard tomorrow. I'll try and remember to look at the drip rails. It's been awhile since I messed with them on my old coupe.
          MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Originally posted by G. Wiffington View Post
            Yeah I would like to know the process as well. Mine came in the trunk of my CB when I bought it & have never put them on because I didn't know how. It looks like it hooks under the front & rear windshields I think?
            I think the hook part goes into the back of windshield and the front part just slides in.

Comment

Funny, I've been thinking about pulling some better ones since mine are crushed where the luggage rack goes. You can still buy the plastic clips from Honda. Expensive though.

Comment

You're talking about the black strips in the roof, or the chrome above the doors? The roof strips both kinda clip to the underside of the front and rear windshield trim. It is best to have the trim lifted somewhat to be able to maneuver the end of the clip out.

The chrome over the windows pulls straight out, some of the clips will likely break as you pull them out. On the sedan, there is one clip at the rear most point that I just broke and replaced when I had Ruby painted. Not sure how accessible the backside is with the interior pillar trim removed.
                90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
                  You're talking about the black strips in the roof, or the chrome above the doors? The roof strips both kinda clip to the underside of the front and rear windshield trim. It is best to have the trim lifted somewhat to be able to maneuver the end of the clip out.

The chrome over the windows pulls straight out, some of the clips will likely break as you pull them out. On the sedan, there is one clip at the rear most point that I just broke and replaced when I had Ruby painted. Not sure how accessible the backside is with the interior pillar trim removed.
                  The black strips in the roof. Getting the end out is the tricky part and putting it back in.

Comment

I have pictures of at least the rear clips. I didn't need anything off the front, so I didn't pull that trim. I've been stupid busy working on my kids Halloween costume. I'll try and get the pictures up tomorrow.
                    MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Working...
                    X