wildBill83 : 1993 Accord SE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mikedprince View Post
    It takes a password to get to your site. Is this something you share with everyone?
    Read the classified section's sticky.

OP im liking those wheel's for some reason, but the tires look like rubber bands. Keep it up!

02 Crv
    02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
    92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
    Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Originally posted by SOHC-FTW View Post
      Read the classified section's sticky.

OP im liking those wheel's for some reason, but the tires look like rubber bands. Keep it up!
      Thanky! They are short sidewall, will get taller side walls or taller rims soon, those are the tires I got on the rims for a steal of a deal. I'm also going to do a 2" drop to make them eat up some of the wheel well.

Comment

The drop will probably help more than anything, it's looking good so far.

02 Crv
        02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
        92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.

Comment

I smell.... Potential. Interested to see what this will aspire to.
          The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
            I smell.... Potential. Interested to see what this will aspire to.
            Thanks, had the CB7 for about a month now. I try to not get too wild with the mods, but I have plans now that it is running the way it should and almost driving the way it should (need suspension and ROH conversion yet with bigger calipers and rotors), so now to make it look the way it should.

I started to tear down my H22A last week and was sad, I didn't store it correctly nearly 10 years ago and now it has some internal rust damage. I wanted to cry. I have time to rebuild it since the F22A6 is still running like a champion.
            Last edited by wildBill83; 08-23-2012, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Just bought a few items:
              adjustable camber kit
              http://www.ebay.com/itm/320905037986

Koni Yellow Shocks H&R Cup Kit Adj. Height/Dampening
              http://www.ebay.com/itm/110939751251

ENERGY SUSPENSION HYPER-FLEX MASTER BUSHING KIT
              http://www.ebay.com/itm/180735011131

OEM Motor Mounts (gotta redo them all now)
              http://www.ebay.com/itm/370550462775

Will add more as I can afford to... Anyone got a good source for aftermarket ball joints, upper and lower?

Comment

Mine definitely needs bushing's aswell as ball joints, good call on the over haul.

02 Crv

Comment

Mine definitely needs bushing's aswell as ball joints, good call on the over haul.
                  I'm afraid the cheap eBay camber kit won't work with my car, I see there are ball joint camber kits and I'm on the fence about getting them or standard performance ball joints. Know anyone who has them and is happy?

I'm about to order UCAs and lower ball joints but want to make sure I'm not wasting money on incompatible parts.

I also tried my best to put a junkyard Denso A/C compressor in my car, ended up ordering a rebuilt Hadsys r134 compressor from a 94 Accord. The Hadsys -> Denso swap is a headache. New bracket and new lines ended up being more than I wanted to deal with right now anyway. So another week of HOT air... But then some suspension and A/C goodness.

Also scored a sun roof visor at the junk yard over the weekend.

Well off to town to mail stuff and return stuff I didn't need.

Comment

Looks good so far!

1992 Accord EX-R Coupe [Mat Black] Sold
                    1992 Accord EX-R Coupe [Rosewood]

Comment

I've never used camber kit's a good alignment for no more than a 2in drop has always worked for me.

But if you have to have them out of necessity i would look into something more reputable such as SPC.

02 Crv

Comment

I've never used camber kit's a good alignment for no more than a 2in drop has always worked for me.

But if you have to have them out of necessity i would look into something more reputable such as SPC.
                        I was just looking to even out the tire wear in the future if camber plays a role in it. If they end up sitting in the garage at least I only wasted $17. I'll see what 0 toe and 4 wheel alignment does first. Thanks for the advice, just wanted to tear it down only once. Are aftermarket ball joints any better than OEM? I'm on the fence for that, also do I have to replace the UCA or can the upper ball be pressed out on a 93 accord? I know some UCAs bend or are near impossible to press the ball joint out.

Comment

I was looking into just replacing the upper BJ's here awhile back they do have to be pressed in, but some recommend you just get the whole arm assembly as it will last longer than just replacing the ball joint.

02 Crv

Comment

I bit the bullet and ordered the MOOG lower ball joints. Still debating uca vs upper ball. Nearly broke again so...

Comment

Shopping update:
                              Hadsys 134a compressor (doing a v groove pulley swap for 5 grooves)
                              http://www.ebay.com/itm/120944724728

UCAs and tie rod ends
                              http://www.ebay.com/itm/350567075936

MOOG Lower Ball Joints
                              http://www.ebay.com/itm/180753019275

Also got GSM header, exhaust, turbo and inter-cooler from a buddy.

Comment

Got all kinds of goodies in the mail lately, still waiting on a few items. Just happy to have cold A/C.

A hadsys rc17s can be swapped with hadsys rc17d, you just have to swap the plug and the back compressor plate. the high side port is rotated 180* and that is the main difference other than 5vgroove vs 6vgroove pulley. I can post photos if anyone wants to see. You don't need to swap vgroove pulley. A/C is a wonderful thing!
                                Last edited by wildBill83; 09-01-2012, 09:12 PM. Reason: Hoorray for A/C

Comment

Working...
                                X