No announcement yet.

af_1132 : 1993 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dry ice can be purchased at almost any grocery store. I spend about 20 dollars to pull everthing.
    '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

Originally posted by domesticated View Post
      I did it with my old Neon. I saved 45lbs. When I pulled the heater core I just blocked off the lines. Don't loop them, you'll lose cooling capacity. A lot of fluid will route through the lines without the core in the way. You'll run hot. I had me old Neon to weigh 2000lbs. I even re wired the entire chassis to remove unnecessary wiring and it didn't have a dash.
      Ooo, thank you for that. I've never overheated and I don't want to start now! If you have an image, I would love to see how you blocked off the lines . Are you referring to welding the coolant ports shut at the engine?
      Last edited by af_1132; 05-13-2014, 06:45 PM.
      *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
      ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
      ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
      "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
      Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
      The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
      Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

No, I just blocked the openings with the hose and then plugged the hose.

Comment

[QUOTE=af_1132;3200074]Thanks !

Im actually using 2 gauge to the starter soleniod and 4 gauge for the fuse box. They do look smaller in the pictures, I'll give you that. I wouldn't go any smaller, that is for sure.[/QUOTE]

That's what she said

What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

[QUOTE=accordztech;3200271]
            Originally posted by af_1132 View Post
            Thanks !

Im actually using 2 gauge to the starter soleniod and 4 gauge for the fuse box. They do look smaller in the pictures, I'll give you that. I wouldn't go any smaller, that is for sure.[/QUOTE]

That's what she said

Really? Well, I guess I walked right into that one .

MRT
            Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

Car is back from the shop with the M/T street radials fitted. 1/2" spacers and lugs that fit through the holes were used.

The steering wheel constantly shakes an uncomfortable amount now, though. I had the wheels balanced, so I wonder if it is time for an alignment. I plan to use my street wheels/tires to drive to the track and then put these on when I get there. I will have to put the steelies back on to see if there is a difference in that vibration.

MRT
              Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

Those are mag wheels I think, your shaking can be that they aren't seated right on the studs, or its not hubcentric or its the wrong wheel nuts.

Also IMO mag wheels should be torqued to 100 ft lbs.
                What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

They are actually modular aluminum wheels, although they look alot like mags for sure.

http://centerlinewheels.com/wheels_d...d=34&sw_id=372

I do worry about hub-centricity, though. Can proper wheel balancing compensate, at least a little, for a wheel not being hubcentric? I will also post up a picture of the wheel nuts when I get a chance.

Thanks very much for the ideas and advice. Oh, the pains of car modification!

MRT
                  Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

Battery Disconnect Switch Installed

I installed the external master disconnect switch today. There are two more prongs so that I can splice into the charging circuit with this switch if I wanted to, but I need to ask the racer heads on here if they have done it, and where to splice into.

I think I'll make a DIY for this, since I have not seen any yet.

Now I am all ready for racing on the 21st and 25th!

MRT
                    Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

Originally posted by af_1132 View Post
                      They are actually modular aluminum wheels, although they look alot like mags for sure.

http://centerlinewheels.com/wheels_d...d=34&sw_id=372

I do worry about hub-centricity, though. Can proper wheel balancing compensate, at least a little, for a wheel not being hubcentric? I will also post up a picture of the wheel nuts when I get a chance.

Thanks very much for the ideas and advice. Oh, the pains of car modification!
                      Cars can be vehicle mounted and balanced. It isn't a common thing to do as it's more difficult and takes longer. But you would be putting a bandaid on a broken leg. I would figure out a way to fix the eccentricity.

Comment

I had the shop re balance the wheels, and things are better, but not perfect. I'm also wondering if the tires need to be trued. The tire shop I use does not do this or anything beyond balancing as they have done. For the possible eccentricity, I'm interested to find out if there is a shop in my area that does that kind of modification with wheels.

MRT
                        Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

You should have had your tires road forced along with balanced. It's pretty much required for a good ride. I would bet it's your alignment. With your scrub radius extended that far and with tires that sticky, any error in the alignment or varying bushing hardness from old bushings will cause longitudinal oscillations in the wheel. It's it only the wheel that vibrates or is it the chassis too? Is it side to side or vertical like going over little bumps? But either way, get s good alignment and get the tires road forced them balanced on a Hunter machine. Then if it still vibrates you need to carefully bolt the wheels down to keep them centered. Still if that doesn't work check the bushings. Then if it still isn't right you can look at an on car balance.

Comment

Wow, thank you so much!

The chassis does not vibrate, just the steering wheel, and it is side to side. I know for sure I need new bushings, and I have the Energy Suspension Hyper Flex system ready to install.

I don't think I mentioned this yet, but when I put the steelies back on, there is no vibration in the steering wheel whatsoever.

I'm for sure going to have "Thank You" decals made or the rear small windows, and you will be on that list, domesticated!

MRT
                            Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

The wheels and tires are most likely out of round then. Get them roadforced and the problem should be fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by domesticated View Post
                                The wheels and tires are most likely out of round then. Get them roadforced and the problem should be fixed.
                                Now, I just have to find a shop in town that does this.
                                Last edited by af_1132; 05-21-2014, 09:00 PM.

MRT
                                Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

Working...
                                X