No announcement yet.

Craigslist find

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaking of TVR I have always lusted after and dreamed of being able to own a TVR Cerbera Speed 6 or Speed 8 trim would be fine. I have loved these ever since I saw pictures of a Speed 12 shortly after their introduction. I would love a Speed 12 but that will never happen so I'd settle for the Cerbera.
    MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/5809169043.html

What a sleeper. It's lack of structural support up front is iffy, but damn.

Claimed 700hp. "Don't want to sell but could use the money more. I have my 93 Honda Accord for sale. Serious buyers will be given specs. Just trying to recoup some of the money I put in it. Car is ready to drive right now. " $9k obo
      Last edited by CyborgGT; 10-29-2016, 11:27 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Probably would make 700 HP once and then BOOM.

With an ad like that I'd take 700 HP with a mountain sized grain of salt.

Comment

You assume he didn't build the internals or what? Ignoring the cut core support, what I can see of the engine doesn't scream "hack job" to me.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
            You assume he didn't build the internals or what? Ignoring the cut core support, what I can see of the engine doesn't scream "hack job" to me.
            I'm a cynic when it comes to ads online. I don't believe any claims without actual proof backing up the claims (dyno sheets, build lists, etc).

700 HP is too general of a number. Is that wheel or estimated crank? Sure, ti's got a massive turbo on the front of the motor, but does it even run? The highest powered setup on the board is NWaccord @ 643 WHP. So this car has 57 more HP than that?

All I can think of is the episode of Roadkill where they purchase the Mazdarati and were told it would run 10's and it put down 170 HP on the dyno.

Comment

Speaking of CL finds.

Clean 1994 Prelude VTEC in the Northeast

Talk about a good base car for a mild build.

Comment

There was (still is? I don't know, it's been a month) a 4th gen Prelude VTEC 4WS for sale in the next town over that I was so tempted to buy. Bad paint and a JDM engine swap, but I was wanting it. I want a 4G Prelude so badly. I'm just not comfortable, right now, ditching a car that's been so good as a daily for something a decade older. Not while my project car isn't yet running.

Regarding Mr. 700hp: It's a for-sale ad for what's basically a race car, not a build thread designed to please the internet trolls. Not the first vague one I've seen, either. If someone is serious about wanting a dragster, they know exactly what they're getting into and not much needs explaining. He says he'll give the stats to serious buyers, which makes sense. And it is supposedly running for a test drive. In my opinion, saying "700 horsepower" is a good way to get attention without really lying, if it's anywhere from 690-720hp, no matter if it's at the crank or the wheels.

But just because he's not on CB7Tuner to add his name to an internet list doesn't mean there aren't other people out there doing better work than we are... hell, there have been some CBs captured on The Chronicles, that aren't on here, that are miles ahead of probably 90 percent of this particular 'club.' When I come in here, it seems to be mostly in Off Topic anymore. I don't cruise the MRTs like I used to in my early days, so I barely know what's going on in here anymore. My inspiration/motivation as of late has been from outside the CB community. Even outside the general Honda community.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Hey, it's still there! I guess it doesn't "need" paint. The paint is new... it's just stupid.

http://fortcollins.craigslist.org/cto/5813716575.html

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Hey, it's still there! I guess it doesn't "need" paint. The paint is new... it's just stupid.

http://fortcollins.craigslist.org/cto/5813716575.html
                    I would love a prelude but that paint job isn't in the best taste to me. If I wouldn't have just picked up hellraisins accord I would still be on the search for something like this.

Comment

Hmmmm... I see no rust. Wagon. Manual. What's up with the roof? At first I thought I was looking at a sunroof. Bad paint?

http://cosprings.craigslist.org/cto/5859251361.html

"I have a 1992 Honda Accord wagon with an H22a 5 speed swap. It runs and drives great. I just had a full timing belt, water pump, balance belt, valve cover gasket, oil change, coolant flush, plugs, coil, and brand new tires. I have receipts for everything to prove it all. Everything works inside except for the a.c. It's there but not hooked up. The car is not 100% perfect but pretty dang close to it. It's not something you see every day. The only trades I would even consider is a nice jeep or Chevy z71. Clean clear Colorado title"

Accord Aero-R

Comment

And oh, damn, just spotted this one. Asking 9 grand, but... just look . Does anyone on here even have the power seat?!

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/5808723254.html

"Mint condition 1991 Honda Accord Coupe LX with 45668 miles. This car has been garaged the entire time and is in pristine condition. It has an optional 4 speed automatic with sports mode, original AM/FM Cassett radio with the optional 6 disc CD changer in the truck. It has Power driver seat, Power windows, Power door locks, and Power mirrors. In 1991 it was in Car and Drivers best 10 carlist and was the best selling car of 1991. Have orginial car fax with no reported accidents or damges. Please contact me to set up an appointment. Serious inquiries only."
                        Last edited by CyborgGT; 11-11-2016, 05:55 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

The wagon looks like it just as a protective film across the roof in case anything on the roof rack touches it.

Comment

Yeah, that was my thinking as well. Very nice!

That coupe, though. SO clean! Cappuccino is the one brown color I actually like on the CB, too. I love the brown interior. So much better than beige or red. The price is high, but worth it. Restoring a CB7 to comparable condition would cost more overall, and still wouldn't be as impressive or valuable as an original. Sadly, buying one that perfect to be a project or a driver would undo most of what makes it special. I'd have that sucker to 120,000 miles by 2019... and it would probably develop rust, and get a few dings from being parked (even carefully) in parking lots around here.

Comment

And oh, damn, just spotted this one. Asking 9 grand, but... just look . Does anyone on here even have the power seat?!
                              Power seat my butt. That is fully manual - does not have the control buttons. Honda saved the power seats for other markets, and the Acura line. US accords never had them.

the controls would normally be embedded into the lower plastic trim, toward the front. Most accords actually have a little outline marked where it would normally exist:

This craigslist car is blanked out like all the rest:

Last edited by cp[mike]; 11-11-2016, 01:12 PM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                              - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                              - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                              - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                              - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                              - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                              Current cars:
                              - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                              - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by ol blue View Post
                                The wagon looks like it just as a protective film across the roof in case anything on the roof rack touches it.
                                It might very well be that. I was thinking maybe they had issues with the sunroof and put a plug in instead of the roof. It's definitely an EX with the roof and not an LX with EX alloys.

That's one that's probably worth an email to ask the question.

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
                                Power seat my butt. That is fully manual - does not have the control buttons. Honda saved the power seats for other markets, and the Acura line. US accords never had them.

the controls would normally be embedded into the lower plastic trim, toward the front. Most accords actually have a little outline marked where it would normally exist:

This craigslist car is blanked out like all the rest:

Some people get ahead of themselves about what the car has since when people think it's got power everything, it's got power EVERYTHING.

It's crazy now that these cars are to the point that perfect examples can start commanding higher prices. The thing is that a 90-91 LX coupe in automatic with the brown/brown would have been one of the least desirable versions of the car for the average owner/enthusiast back when people were buying these cars to modify them.

Comment

Working...
                                X