Sudden Misfire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sudden Misfire

Last Saturday I was driving my lovely white 1992 5 speed coupe and all of a sudden I get a misfire. At first I was thinking this might be the result of the swapped injectors from a another CB (long story behind why this happened). I pulled some known good ones from my CE1 (it's been sitting for hot minute since the brake lines went out). To no avail still a misfire. Swapped spark plugs, wires, dizzy and even the external coil. Still a misfire like crazy. When I pulled the spark plug the one in cylinder 3 was completely fouled and black. I smell fuel when driving and of course it sounds like a Subaru. I have read in many places on how to trouble shoot this issue. I am really at a loss here. Note there is no white smoke coming from the tailpipe at all. Thanks in advance.
    The CB7 Collector.
    Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
    92 LX Coupe F22A1
    2013 Toyota Corolla S
    92 EX Sedan F22A1
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

When was the last time you adjusted the valves?
    MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

You know I didn't consider that. It's more than likely due for one!

Off Topic: Also you're a Montanan! I am a native myself!
      The CB7 Collector.
      Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
      92 LX Coupe F22A1
      2013 Toyota Corolla S
      92 EX Sedan F22A1
      Originally posted by deevergote
      Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Did you verify spark on cylinder 3?

Comment

Any updates on this? I'm assuming with the lack of feedback you might have gotten this solved?

Off topic: How did you wind up in FL? It is so far from the mountains.
          MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Working...
          X