No announcement yet.

misfiring with new plugs and wires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what kind of plugs did u use,, if there nething but NGK ,especially if u used BOSCH, hondas dont like those plugs,, thats ur problem, trust me im a honda technician and im ASE certified,,
    -95 JDM H22 LSD-
    -HYTECH Header-
    -Skunk2 IM-

Comment

NGK R $1.98 per plug

gapped to .44 or .43 they aren't 4 days old. I took them out and they are a reddish brown color. I think thats normal...
      Mr. $3 Dollahz Himself!

Comment

In MY experience with ALL the Hondas i've owned now, the ignition coil goes out shortly after installing the cap, rotor, plugs n wires. Im not by any means saying that is your problem but it is a known fact that ignitions are hondas weak spot. I am having the same issue right now. GL and I hope you get it fixed.

Comment

Have you tried resetting the ECU? ya never know what that might do!

FYI Honda ignition coils are probably the strongest part of the Honda ignition. It's the plugs, wires, cap, rotor, igniter and main relay that will shyte the bed long before the coil does. If a coil goes first it is obviously because of a few missed tune-ups.
          MR Thread
          GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Check your igniter. If its an OKI brand right there you know it needs to be replaced with the updated TEC model. On Accords igniters are 90% of the no fire problems, the coils fail on Civics and Integras. Sometime's an Accord w/ an external coil will die, but with the internal coils, on an Accord, its the igniter. But those will usually prevent the car from even starting, not miss.
            When you say no redline you mean it can keep revving until KABOOM or it doesnt rev high?

And I too, sir, am a Honda technician and ASE Certified. ASE's dont mean shyte in the real world. I've known some stoopid ass ASE Master Techs of all things

Comment

Did you check your ignition timing? I only ask because you said you swapped dizzys. If not, you should definitely check it now. Might not solve the problem, though, assuming it was correct before.

You haven't gotten your cap wet, have you? You might have corrosion on the contacts inside.
              1992 Prelude S w/swapped H22A

Comment

new fuel filter and run some cleaner through your fuel system. might not fix it but it is shit that you should do anyway.
                spin city

Comment

I WAS having this issue, but then put a bottle of Gumout fuel injector cleaner in for this past tank of gas, and suprisingly, it worked! no more hesitation upon start-up like before....cost me 2.78 and it fixed for me, so thanks! whoever suggested it.

member's ride thread
                  93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                  99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                  91 Accord SE 176k
                  97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Working...
                  X