Brake Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brake Question

I just changed my front rotors and my break pads, I put everything back together and tested it out, and now it seems like I have to mash the break pedal damn near to the floor for the car to stop, I sat in the car for 45mins just stepping on and off the breaks, it helped alot but it still doesnt fell as tight as it was. What could be the problem?

Will's Accord

Did check your fluid level? bleed the brakes after you finished?
    "I'm a dude playing a dude, disguised as another dude"
    "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Romans 10:9
    ><((((º>

Comment

Sounds like tad bit of air remains... Bleeder. Again...

Trev.
      RETIRED...

Comment

If you just got rotors and pads, you shouldn't have needed to touch the lines, so how would there be air?
        wat?

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7
          If you just got rotors and pads, you shouldn't have needed to touch the lines, so how would there be air?
          I took the calipers off, so I removed the break line.

Will's Accord

Comment

Bleed them again.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
            1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
            2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
            2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
            2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
            2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Do I need to bleed all for lines or just the front two?

Will's Accord

Comment

You always bleed all 4 in the correct order as stated in the manual.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

start in the rear...work your way up to the front

kinda like the opposite of wiping your butt

doesn't matter if you start with pass or driver side though

check resv. every two pumps...make sure you have the brake pedal held down when you release the bleeder valve...make sure to tighten the bleeder all the way back up before releasing the brake pedal
                  ____

Comment

Err, no.

You only bleed the effected lines.

So don't touch the rear, its fine (unless you did the same to the rear/mastercylinder)
                    wat?

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7
                      Err, no.

You only bleed the effected lines.

So don't touch the rear, its fine (unless you did the same to the rear/mastercylinder)
                      Thanks, I bleed the front two and it did the trick.

Will's Accord

Comment

eh...yeah...

being too freakin' thorough pwns me...

glad you got it fixed!!
                        ____

Comment

just for the record it does matter what you bleed first, and you shoudl always bleed the enitire system regaredless,, start with the right rear , left rear ,front right, then front left, ,, always bleed starting with the furthest point from the master cylinder, and remember the brakes are split in a x formation front left and right rear brakes are on the same brake circuit and fron right and left rear are on the same circuit in comparison to the proportioning valve, so be sure u bleed all 4 when u have the lines open,,
                          -95 JDM H22 LSD-
                          -HYTECH Header-
                          -Skunk2 IM-

Comment

Originally posted by BIGDOM
                            just for the record it does matter what you bleed first, and you shoudl always bleed the enitire system regaredless,, start with the right rear , left rear ,front right, then front left, ,, always bleed starting with the furthest point from the master cylinder, and remember the brakes are split in a x formation front left and right rear brakes are on the same brake circuit and fron right and left rear are on the same circuit in comparison to the proportioning valve, so be sure u bleed all 4 when u have the lines open,,
                            No. Like I said above, you only bleed the lines you've opened, If he took the front calipers off only, then he doesn't need to bleed the rear, and if you don't have to don't bleed the rear because the bleeders break easy, and if your lucky it won't leak.

Anyway the way I did it last time when I changed my MC, which requires all lines bled, RR-> RF-> LR-> LF
                            wat?

Comment

im ase certified, and i work for honda, trust me the way i said is the proper procedure so u dont f_ck up your brake system.
                              -95 JDM H22 LSD-
                              -HYTECH Header-
                              -Skunk2 IM-

Comment

Working...
                              X