Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

f22a4 to f22b1 vtec swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

f22a4 to f22b1 vtec swap

I have 90 accord ex and I wanted to know if I put an f22b1 vtec in it, does it wire up to the f22a4 ECU?

I'm far from an expert when it comes to swaps but I would assume that VTEC would never engage. Which is usually the reason someone would swap to a VTEC motor... Someone correct me if I am wrong though. Later

Comment

Originally posted by MadSpleen85
      I'm far from an expert when it comes to swaps but I would assume that VTEC would never engage. Which is usually the reason someone would swap to a VTEC motor... Someone correct me if I am wrong though. Later
      the f22b1 is a SOHC motor. you can't feel any difference when the motor kicks into vtec. if you have a DOHC vtec, then you will be able to feel a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by tunerman
        the f22b1 is a SOHC motor. you can't feel any difference when the motor kicks into vtec. if you have a DOHC vtec, then you will be able to feel a difference.
        Would VTEC still engage with the F22a4 ECU? Later

Comment

Originally posted by MadSpleen85
          Would VTEC still engage with the F22a4 ECU? Later
          i'm not sure, but even if you have a f22b1 ECU, you still won't notice any difference when vtec is engaged.

Comment

An F22A4 ECU (PT3) is a non VTEC ECU.

It will not engage VTEC.

Also, to be perfectly honest, you would be better off doing some bolt on mods similar to what I have on my car. You will get more power for cheaper and for less effort.

Considering that F22A6 parts can be had for a couple hundred $$ at most, you can be within 5HP of an F22B1. There are more F22A options for things like camshafts ect, and you don't have to hassle with swapping the engine.

You can't bolt an H23 intake manifold or an H22 plenum onto an F22B1.

Just my .02.
            The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
              An F22A4 ECU (PT3) is a non VTEC ECU.

It will not engage VTEC.

Also, to be perfectly honest, you would be better off doing some bolt on mods similar to what I have on my car. You will get more power for cheaper and for less effort.

Considering that F22A6 parts can be had for a couple hundred $$ at most, you can be within 5HP of an F22B1. There are more F22A options for things like camshafts ect, and you don't have to hassle with swapping the engine.

You can't bolt an H23 intake manifold or an H22 plenum onto an F22B1.

Just my .02.

okay no problem so How can I find out how to wire my f22a4 ecu to work the vtec on f22b1? I am about to put it in by friday and I want to know if it will run if I use my old ECU then later on I will worry about the vtec option. Also what kinda bolt on mods are you talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by NaturalRoots
                okay no problem so How can I find out how to wire my f22a4 ecu to work the vtec on f22b1? I am about to put it in by friday and I want to know if it will run if I use my old ECU then later on I will worry about the vtec option. Also what kinda bolt on mods are you talking about?
                ok dude listen up i just did this swap a month ago i hooked vtec solenoid up to my shift light and use the light set to engage the vtec but ..........i repeat......but you need to use the right ecu a p06/p28 converted. the car will run with the stock ecu, use your old harness and dizzy to convert a obd2 engine to obd1 you will get a cel but it will run and pulles past 6800rpm but i do not suggest doing this unless you can tune it better
                fuck the bitches that stole my car jan/1/2006@7am from montesano wa updated: The Warrens from Malone Wa were found guilty for possesion of stolen property in the 1st*and were ordered to pay $2489.69 in restitution, only cause the shell was not found

R.I.P.

Vouches from: Snailin91, Caution, 2G6, Jdmf23accord, Boosted_StinkyNuts

Comment

Originally posted by tunerman
                  the f22b1 is a SOHC motor. you can't feel any difference when the motor kicks into vtec.
                  funny i feel mine when it hit at 3675 rpms tires break free so desensitizing spray is for ur penis not your ass dyno lol
                  fuck the bitches that stole my car jan/1/2006@7am from montesano wa updated: The Warrens from Malone Wa were found guilty for possesion of stolen property in the 1st*and were ordered to pay $2489.69 in restitution, only cause the shell was not found

R.I.P.

Comment

Originally posted by Gen4Acclude
                    ok dude listen up i just did this swap a month ago i hooked vtec solenoid up to my shift light and use the light set to engage the vtec but ..........i repeat......but you need to use the right ecu a p06/p28 converted. the car will run with the stock ecu, use your old harness and dizzy to convert a obd2 engine to obd1 you will get a cel but it will run and pulles past 6800rpm but i do not suggest doing this unless you can tune it better

okay no problem do you know where I can get a p06/p28 ecu?
                    and I forgot to see if the tanny from my f22a will work good with th f22b?

Comment

okay no problem do you know where I can get a p06/p28 ecu?
                      and I forgot to see if the tanny from my f22a will work good with th f22b?
                      tranny is a sraight swap no problems as for a ecu hit up one of the ecu sellers on the forum search the ecuchipping/tuning threads for leads

R.I.P.

Comment

tranny is a sraight swap no problems as for a ecu hit up one of the ecu sellers on the forum search the ecuchipping/tuning threads for leads

thanks alot I appreciate it. but I can use my old ecu temporarily until i get the right ecu?

Comment

thanks alot I appreciate it. but I can use my old ecu temporarily until i get the right ecu?
                          yes it will run the car but will cut out at 4600rpm with out the vtec hooked up do you have a tach with a shiftlight like a auto meter if so hookit to the wire with the tracer lines on it going to the actual light from the wiring harness

R.I.P.

Comment

Yes you can run your ecu with the motor wont run to its full potential but it will be a decent temporary.

The New-ish Ride
                            My old Ride
                            Hear my Vtak!!!
                            MK3 Member #3
                            I piss off people for fun.
                            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

yes it will run the car but will cut out at 4600rpm with out the vtec hooked up do you have a tach with a shiftlight like a auto meter if so hookit to the wire with the tracer lines on it going to the actual light from the wiring harness

no i dont have a tach with a shift light. Is there a way to chip the old ecu to run vtec?
                              I havent found any ECU that i can use with the f22b, need some help please.

Comment

Working...
                              X