Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When you were young, was everything handed to you or did you work for it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People had much nicer cars then me but who cares its just high school when you get out you will be amazed at all the crap you worried/cared about that doesn't matter.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbycos View Post
      see how they turn out as adults
      If only more people, especially narrow minded teens, had the same understanding as this.

Originally posted by 1993 CB7 LX View Post
      i worked for my first cb. took me a whole summer.
      And you will forever appreciate it im sure. Not like these guys who will soon crave more and have the next EVO or Cobra or whatever it is.

Sold to: dbsharp, daheavyking X3
      Bought from:'93CB7Ex, xkjnboix, duffmanivxx, remix405, CB7tuner official shop

Comment

You do you, let them do them.

I personally have loads of fun with my $500 Accord, fuck everybody else.

Member's Ride Thread

Originally posted by mercyboy
        I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

Comment

Originally posted by Ander View Post
          You do you, let them do them.

I personally have loads of fun with my $500 Accord, fuck everybody else.
          Im trying to start thinking positive like this. If only my school was filled with cool cb7 gearheads like you guys. then we'd all be cool with one another

Sold to: dbsharp, daheavyking X3
          Bought from:'93CB7Ex, xkjnboix, duffmanivxx, remix405, CB7tuner official shop

Comment

you think 10k dollar cars are flaunting? LOL I went to high school in North Scottsdale. Parents buy brand new Lexus' and BMWs for their kids. One kid even had a bright yellow Hummer H1.

I worked hard for my Accord. I spent the entire summer when I was 16 bagging groceries for 6 bucks an hour in 110*+ heat. I scrounged up a little over half the cost of my CB7, 2600 bucks and my parents put up 2000 for 4600 total back in 2003. Got her w/ 118k miles and drove the shit outta her lol, what else do you do when you're 16? Probably why the tranny blew 20k miles later lol...but that's a different thread.

Hard work teaches you the value of money especially when you have to buy your first car through the money you make at your job.

I now laugh at all the kids who went to the nearby community college afterwards and have made nothing of themselves. Can't wait to see how they turned out 10 yrs later.

member's ride thread
            93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
            99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
            91 Accord SE 176k
            97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

im so glad i worked my ass off for every fucking bolt on my cars... i appreciate the car so much... and really wouldnt be able to if i didnt work so hard for it.

"Tucking tires and wires."
              The Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbycos View Post
                see how they turn out as adults
                heres how they're turning out...

http://www.globaltvbc.com/video/mill...p=1&s=dd#video

this was last week in my area...
                ..[CB7][STAR]..
                MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

Originally posted by stewie View Post
                  heres how they're turning out...

http://www.globaltvbc.com/video/mill...p=1&s=dd#video

this was last week in my area...
                  That's fucked up, whoever gave those kids supercars needs to be slapped in the face.

Member's Ride Thread

Originally posted by mercyboy
                  I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

Comment

Why let it piss you off?....who cares if they dont appreciate their shit...all that matters is that you appreciate yours

Your young...i understand your position....I was a little jealous of the kids at my school who had their shit handed to them too....but its been 7 years since graduation and those people are no longer involved in my life whatsoever....the only people that are around are the ones who I choose to have around....who gives a fuck where those people end up...cuz when its all said and done they are only around for a very short period of time anyways.

Its been said....but you do you...and let them do whatever the fuck they want...it will have no effect on your life either way so why let it get to you.

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

Many of us understand exactly how you feel. I'm almost 22 now, but in my high school days I remember getting furious when the most dumb-assed rich kids got brand new BMW 3-series, Acura TSXs, and even cars costing 40K+ from their parents. A vast majority of them ended up going to the local community colleges and settled with average lives.

Of the less-wealthy students, I was one of the lucky ones. My parents had an extra car (1987 Civic) sitting in the driveway, long dead for 3 years. They handed me the keys after maintaining a consistent 3.9-4.0 GPA. I set about reviving it back to life and drove it for two years.

Since inheriting the Accord from my dad in 2009, he got himself a 2005 TSX and has, on countless occasions, offered to trade cars with me permanently. I refuse and tell him the same story every time - I still haven't deserved such a fine automobile and will work for my own car in the future.

It's a different mentality. Children who grow up getting everything they want have less of reduced senses of value and money. I respected every classmate who worked in high school and bought cars for themselves. I will certainly be doing the same. After finishing my Masters in Engineering, my first task is to find a used E92 M3.
                      Original-Owner 1991 Honda Accord
                      2005 Acura TSX 6MT
                      2010 Mazda Miata Grand Touring

Comment

As you get older you'll start floating towards people who work for their own stuff and eventually weed out everyone who gets shit handed to them.

Personally all my friends are the same as me, work on their own stuff, buy their own stuff, we all help each other out, and we all share what we have. My buddy went on vacation last week, so I rode his gsxr1000 instead of my R6 because it's faster and nicer.

Comment

Originally posted by N9netwoAccord View Post
                          As you get older you'll start floating towards people who work for their own stuff and eventually weed out everyone who gets shit handed to them.

Personally all my friends are the same as me, work on their own stuff, buy their own stuff, we all help each other out, and we all share what we have. My buddy went on vacation last week, so I rode his gsxr1000 instead of my R6 because it's faster and nicer.
                          x2

I had two vehicles handed to me. My first being my old Accord which I paid for a motor swap and did all the work for myself. Cost me $400 of my own earned money to bring it back to life.

Then my Ranger , got that as an Christmas gift sank $2,200 to get the motor replaced after a year of owning it.

You learn to appreciate the small things if you bust your ass on a car or truck.
                          Henry R
                          Koni/Neuspeed
                          1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                          1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                          Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                          made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

The issue is with people who take what is given to them for granted.

I was given my Accord from my parents for nothing, however I have the grounding to know how fortunate I was to receive such a gift.

To me, there is no difference between me being given a $3,000 car vs another kid getting a $40,000 car.

I know plenty of kids that were gifted lavish vehicles from their parents when they first started driving and most of them have ended up being great people.

Being given a vehicle doesn't make you a shitty person, being a shitty person makes you a shitty person.

Originally posted by Maple50175
                            Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

As far as cars go, the first car or two that I "drove" were not mine. But they werent MY cars; I was just allowed to drive them. As for a car that I could go where ever and do whatever in, yes, I paid for my own. My CB was my first car. Paid in full, by me and me only.

In life, I was given things but only after watching my single mother work her ass off for them. That's where I think I got a lot of my respect and humbleness[sp?]. Watching someone else work hard for the things you get will do that to you.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                              Originally posted by Jarrett
                              Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

I grew up dirt ass poor.
                                Then my Grandparents died and they left my Mom some money. When I graduated HS I was given 1600 cash to do with what I pleased. I bought my old EJ.
                                I had worked since I was 14, and everything for the car (registration/ins./maint) was all on me. This was the first thing my parents had done for me since I had started working. Unless I wanted to wear the hand-me-downs from the church; I had to buy my own clothes, pay for my own lunches... so this was the first time my parents had actually provided me with something-just for me-in 4+ years.

My Mom did the same for all of us (I am the oldest of 4). But my youngest two siblings had a completely different kind of childhood than I did. (cause my parents then had money) My Brother(23) still lives at home, and Mom pays his bills (including his Child support!)

It took me a LOOOONG time to be able to deal with the differences between how my parents raised their first two kids- and the last two.

There is something about struggle and accomplishment that gives you the ability to appreciate what you have- and to feel pity for those who have things handed to them.
                                Project wagon! Much excite! 2018!

That Sedan. Purchased '07-->Swap'd-->Tuck'd-->Wreck'd-->May '16

Comment

Working...
                                X