Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

DBSharp's Turbo Fabrication thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CFD analysis and valve job coming next
    spin city

Comment

do you happen to remember where you got your intercooler pipe setup from? and was it pretty good fitment or did you just buy a universal kit?

Comment

wow this is crazy and very cool to see this thread revived! Thread started in 2009 and I commented in 2011 long before my car was moded. Glad you returned and found this thread

Comment

I bought a universal setup and a bunch of couplers. I took a lot of shit over the years for it but it never failed me.
          spin city

Comment

Ever figure out the wiring problem?

Comment

I replaced the entire dash and engine harness and ostrich ribbon cable....
              fixed
              spin city

Comment

Originally posted by dbsharp View Post
                I replaced the entire dash and engine harness and ostrich ribbon cable....
                fixed
                did you ever discover the problem?

props to completing one of (my personal opinion) the worst tasks
                Originally posted by wed3k
                im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

no, it was fixed and I was tired of working on it.

On a side note, I do not recommend supertech h23 valve guides on a f22b dohc head. My OEM f22b are steel valve guides, where the supertech are manganese bronze, and the overall dimensions are not the same. At first I was ready to give up, now I have removed the guides and machined them to the correct size. I have a hard time imagining these will come out concentric after being beaten in and back out, machined and beaten back in the head. worst case scenario I find a new head.
                  Last edited by dbsharp; 11-23-2016, 04:56 PM.
                  spin city

Comment

The beast runs again. Finally done right. Full 3" exhaust wastegate dumps into downpipe, all bends are mandrel bent, no more pie cuts. Got my traction bar made and it looks great!

once I get this engine broken in and run all this old gas out, I'll turn this boost up again and see how it does! I'm expecting the port and polish, exhaust, and intake manifold work to help me wind this turbo out. I'm hoping to bust 400 whp this time.

I GOTTA FIND SOME NEW SPRINGS! My car is too damn low. I want a mild drop and a stiff ride. Any suggestions? Seriously, my new down pipe might have 4" clearance hugging the oil pan. For those of you who don't know I cut my frame for upper control arm clearance, and it still hits the upper skin you see in the engine bay and is cracking my weld, HAHA.
                    spin city

Comment

Glad to see its back in action! Looking forward to pics.
                      ~Nick~
                      FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                      MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

https://youtu.be/q4Hm46zbW4E USE GOOD SPEAKERS OR EARPHONES! I'll have pics up soon.
                        spin city

Comment

do you have a catalytic converter installed? which muffler is that? really nice setup!

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                          Current cars:
                          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
                            do you have a catalytic converter installed? which muffler is that? really nice setup!
                            I have a k teller 3" exhaust, hy-35 turbo, 3" downpipe, and a oval 3" magnaflow. That's it!

The secret is the turbo acts as a really good resonator, and the cams dont hurt. This setup doesn't sound ricey at all
                            spin city

Comment

I added a resonator and tied my wastegate dump back into my exhaust and I think this is about as nice as this can sound. No obnoxious raspy sounds just sweet tones.

Also I am adding in a Bosh 044 pump inline after my walbro 255 pump. I'm gonna turn my base fuel pressure up to around 60psi from the stock 43. I'm gonna find out how much wind this turbo can make! hoping for 450-500whp.
                              spin city

Comment

Originally posted by dbsharp View Post
                                I added a resonator and tied my wastegate dump back into my exhaust and I think this is about as nice as this can sound. No obnoxious raspy sounds just sweet tones.

Also I am adding in a Bosh 044 pump inline after my walbro 255 pump. I'm gonna turn my base fuel pressure up to around 60psi from the stock 43. I'm gonna find out how much wind this turbo can make! hoping for 450-500whp.
                                I thought the 255 alone was enough to flow enough to about 400whp on E85 and there are guys making over 600 with it. I too have a Wahlbro 255 that i am planning to use along with a set of Precission 1000cc injectors i bought. Now that i see your other stuff, our builds will be similar since i have a HY35 sitting around and have chosen to use over the HE351.
                                [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

Working...
                                X