• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ebay header not fitting

Good Afternoon,

I'm having an issue fitting this header:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/260989927635...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Has any one bought this junk exhaust? I had to because my old exhaust fell apart. I didn't want to buy expensive because I plan to do an h-swap in the future. Basically my issue is first I had to put a dent in the header so the A/C line wouldn't touch, then I had to put a dent by the alternator for the header to fit on to the head.

Now my biggest issue is the header needs to be bent towards the motor so the down pipe can fit. I've tried bending the hell out of the down pipe so it wont hit the sub frame but I'm about an inch off from fitting to the header. These pipes just won't bend and I'm out of ideas getting this to work. I highly doubt I can return the product now since I beat the hell out of it.

Has anyone ran into this problem?
    For Sale Thread CLICK HERE!

1991 CB9 EX Wagon

1990 CB7 EX Sedan

1997 RA1 LX Wagon

CB7Tuner Discord CLICK ME! -- http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...02#post3285402

You can use your stock downpipe if it's not messed up.

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
      You can use your stock downpipe if it's not messed up.
      yeah that's done xD

I would use my stock manifold but the studs are broke off so trying to twist them out is probably going to be impossible.

1991 CB9 EX Wagon

1990 CB7 EX Sedan

1997 RA1 LX Wagon

CB7Tuner Discord CLICK ME! -- http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...02#post3285402

Comment

Looks like the one I just put on. Bolted right up. But then I don't have AC or an alternator.

Comment

OT: ^^^For some reason I like your crossmember...

Anyway, you'll probably have to drill them out or use a bolt extractor.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

ive had all the cheap shit ebay headers. they all fit "ok". never had one give me much problem.

did you drop the torque mount so you can "roll" the engine forward to gain access to it?
            COUPE K24

Comment

Mine didn't fit either. I had to trim my front cross member so it would clear. I tried banging the pipes in to dent them but it still hit on the crossmember. The header was complete junk, and I could not get it to seal properly where the header meets the downpipe.

I wound up buying an OBX header and running that instead. it was $122 if I remember correctly. I had no problems fitting that and no leaks. its worth the extra $60 to get that even if you decide to h22 swap

Comment

edit: actually I just looked at your link and you got ripped off bad lol. I paid only $60 for my ebay header.

heres a link to the obx one:
                http://www.ebay.com/itm/OBX-SS304-HE...wwsHyg&vxp=mtr

its actually only $96. Well worth the money.

Comment

Originally posted by Theos92VR4 View Post
                  edit: actually I just looked at your link and you got ripped off bad lol. I paid only $60 for my ebay header.

heres a link to the obx one:
                  http://www.ebay.com/itm/OBX-SS304-HE...wwsHyg&vxp=mtr

its actually only $96. Well worth the money.
                  I figured, not sure what I can do. I don't think I can get my money back considering I ruined the damn pipes. You think I should bend them or buy the ones you have?

1991 CB9 EX Wagon

1990 CB7 EX Sedan

1997 RA1 LX Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by irelandmc View Post
                    Looks like the one I just put on. Bolted right up. But then I don't have AC or an alternator.
                    Yeah mine isn't that bad, and that bay is clean looking man, keep it that way!

1991 CB9 EX Wagon

1990 CB7 EX Sedan

1997 RA1 LX Wagon

Comment

Did you try to connect The downpipe before you connect the other end to the cat? I have a the cheap eBay header but I didn't have any trouble getting it to fit. The only issue I had was it blew out gaskets so I had to run without a gasket and it whistled when I jumped on the throttle .

Comment

Originally posted by ferenza View Post
                        Did you try to connect The downpipe before you connect the other end to the cat? I have a the cheap eBay header but I didn't have any trouble getting it to fit. The only issue I had was it blew out gaskets so I had to run without a gasket and it whistled when I jumped on the throttle .
                        I haven't gotten that far, but it gave me the idea of trying to connect the header to the down pipe before I slide the header on and see if that connects up. I'm going to try that today.

1991 CB9 EX Wagon

1990 CB7 EX Sedan

1997 RA1 LX Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by Theos92VR4 View Post
                          Mine didn't fit either. I had to trim my front cross member so it would clear. I tried banging the pipes in to dent them but it still hit on the crossmember. The header was complete junk, and I could not get it to seal properly where the header meets the downpipe.
                          I HAD EXACTLY THE SAME PROBLEM

same header , same down pipe , it hit the cross member.

I had to bash the down pipe to make it fit and it still rubbed. I had to throw them away and buy a used manifold and down pipe from a junkyard accord.

two possibilities

A: They made an entire run of these that don't fit.

B: Not all cb7/cb9's have the same spacing.

I find it very hard to believe a header like this could be several inches off , even if it was cheap , it's so far off that it doesn't fit the car at all , which makes me think that B is most likely. That not all our cars use the same spacing between the engine and cross member.

And until someone measures the distance between the engine and cross member on all the different models of the cb7 and 9 , there's no real way of knowing if it was changed for some reason.
                          Last edited by emosun; 12-26-2015, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Drill large hole in hood.
                            Flip header upside down and bolt to head.
                            Shoot flames.
                            Scare children.
                            Mad Max look FTW.

Edit: don't buy from companies that replace S's with Z's. If you can get your money back, OBX and Megan make goodyetshitty headers.
                            Last edited by F22Chris; 12-26-2015, 10:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by emosun View Post
                              I HAD EXACTLY THE SAME PROBLEM

same header , same down pipe , it hit the cross member.

I had to bash the down pipe to make it fit and it still rubbed. I had to throw them away and buy a used manifold and down pipe from a junkyard accord.

two possibilities

A: They made an entire run of these that don't fit.

B: Not all cb7/cb9's have the same spacing.

I find it very hard to believe a header like this could be several inches off , even if it was cheap , it's so far off that it doesn't fit the car at all , which makes me think that B is most likely. That not all our cars use the same spacing between the engine and cross member.

And until someone measures the distance between the engine and cross member on all the different models of the cb7 and 9 , there's no real way of knowing if it was changed for some reason.
                              I got it to fit, it's very sketching but it looks like your down pipe. I had to smash it in and it sits flush with the sub frame. I just want my exhaust to be quiet and not smell the cab up. I think I might have an exhaust leak but I haven't figured that part out yet.

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
                              Drill large hole in hood.
                              Flip header upside down and bolt to head.
                              Shoot flames.
                              Scare children.
                              Mad Max look FTW.

Edit: don't buy from companies that replace S's with Z's. If you can get your money back, OBX and Megan make goodyetshitty headers.
                              If I would of known sooner I could of just done that. I work at a elementary school so it could of worked out perfectly. As for returning it, I highly doubt it since the damage I done to get it to fit.

1991 CB9 EX Wagon

1990 CB7 EX Sedan

1997 RA1 LX Wagon

Comment

Working...
                              X