CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Technical/Performance

Old 10-21-2018, 03:07 PM   #1
MOGOTP
Newcomer

MOGOTP is cool... so far.
Electric sound from underneath the car, towards the rear.

Hi everyone,

I had to check my tires because I picked up a rope off the road last night and it was flapping around like crazy, thought I broke something. I got the tire off and was inspecting for anything that got stuck in the suspension and brakes when I heard a slight electric humming noise that goes on and off intermittently. My car was off and the keys were out of the ignition, so no acc. was on. What is the noise or where is it coming from ? The fuel pump was changed in JAN 2017.

My chords are showing on the inner rear wheel so those little metal bastards, that are sticking out, picked up the rope, or rather a very long sleeping bag drawstring thing.....
MOGOTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 03:22 PM   #2
Fbc 978
Newcomer

Fbc 978 is cool... so far.
Slow air leak out of a tire?
Fbc 978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 03:30 PM   #3
MOGOTP
Newcomer

Thanks Fbc 978 but I don't think so. It sounds more electrical in nature, although the chords are showing, on the tire, so I'll take another look, err rather another listen. I hope the fuel pump is okay.

I have heard of EVAP tests, where cars make weird electrical noises while not running, but that is mostly in newer cars so I am puzzled. As long as my ride keeps running I am good.
Old 10-21-2018, 04:44 PM   #4
Accord problems
Contributing Member

Location: THE HIPPIE STATE WHERE EVERY ONE DRIVE A PRIUS... NORTHERN CALIFORNIA *facepalm*
Accord problems is cool... so far.
try look for power at the pump when this is happening . there ant much back there that can hum .
Accord problems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 06:28 PM   #5
Fbc 978
Newcomer

Fbc 978 is cool... so far.
You could spray some windex or any soapy water around the tires, especially if you're on the cords. I've seen them sound "electrical" in nature. Check the valve stem too. Or just take the wheel off and see if you still hear the noise.
Fbc 978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 06:34 PM   #6
MOGOTP
Newcomer

Thank Accord Problems, I'll look and see. Will check with my circuit tester.
Old 10-21-2018, 09:48 PM   #7
djALBINI
CB7tuner Member

djALBINI is cool... so far.
You could also remove the three phillips screws holding a circular shaped metal plate to access the electrical connector clip that brings power to your fuel pump. Then disconnect it to see if the noise goes away. Troubleshoot that! You got this man...
djALBINI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 12:03 PM   #8
Accord problems
Contributing Member

Location: THE HIPPIE STATE WHERE EVERY ONE DRIVE A PRIUS... NORTHERN CALIFORNIA *facepalm*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbc 978 View Post
You could spray some windex or any soapy water around the tires, especially if you're on the cords. I've seen them sound "electrical" in nature. Check the valve stem too. Or just take the wheel off and see if you still hear the noise.
If he was loosing air then over a period of time he would have low / flate tire .
Old 10-23-2018, 01:27 AM   #9
MOGOTP
Newcomer

Thanks guys, I'll check tomorrow and post my results
Old 10-23-2018, 03:30 PM   #10
MOGOTP
Newcomer

LMAO, the noise, that I heard while I was under the car, is gone! I popped the rear seat forward and put my ear against the fuel pump access hatch (thank god that's there, thanks Honda), and I heard nothing. The tires aren't making any weird noises either. Sorry guys.... Freaking doofus here. My neighbor was working on stuff that day and I think that I must've heard the sound of something, that he was using, bouncing off my house and the car. I'll keep my ears open, though.

On another note, I am now trying to get my sun visors mirror light to work. It's not getting any power to it. The dome light works just fine and all fuses check out okay. The bulb is good too. I tried for power at the connect point, before the switch, and it has no power.
Old 10-23-2018, 03:36 PM   #11
Accord problems
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOGOTP View Post
LMAO, the noise, that I heard while I was under the car, is gone! I popped the rear seat forward and put my ear against the fuel pump access hatch (thank god that's there, thanks Honda), and I heard nothing. The tires aren't making any weird noises either. Sorry guys.... Freaking doofus here. My neighbor was working on stuff that day and I think that I must've heard the sound of something, that he was using, bouncing off my house and the car. I'll keep my ears open, though.

On another note, I am now trying to get my sun visors mirror light to work. It's not getting any power to it. The dome light works just fine and all fuses check out okay. The bulb is good too. I tried for power at the connect point, before the switch, and it has no power.
Try following the wire to the main power source and check it's ground . I light bulb only needs two things . A positive power source and a negative ground.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: