No announcement yet.

Gun owners post up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just wanted to invite everyone here to my site, http://www.weaponscache.com/forum/

It's been around for 5 years now and has been home to a lot of people from cb7tuner. I don't mean to poach members but I did want to let you know that there's a better place for more in-depth firearms talk.
    My Car
    FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

So it's official. I'm going to my gunsmith tomorrow to order the first few parts of my new build. 300 blackout Ar pistol. I'm really excited about this.

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
        Hollow points are great for home defense!

I have yet to find the perfect range 9mm... I'm using PMC bronze currently. Accurate, kinda cheap and fairly clean.
        Federal hst 147 grain HP..................... If you can find them. Or black talons 147 grain if you can really find those.
        H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate View Post
          Ya'll should check out sgammo.com and ammotogo.com, both good online stores.
          seriously this. Cheaperthan dirt isnot very cheap. target sports usa is also good.

Comment

I have one hell of a time finding good ammo here. It's all bought so rapidly... No one can keep any ammo on the shelves, it's gone as soon as it's stocked.

I can ask my grandfather to load some 147 grains for me. I know the last batch of "125" grain I bought from him was a little hotter than usual when I tested a few.

I can get anything from him if I ask. That's his job and has been for 20 years. He goes to gun shows all over and sells his ammo. I used to help him clean brass as a kid with a concrete mixer.

I have tracer 556, & 762. And steel core green tip in those rounds as well from him. That's part of my SHTF ammo to be loaded in 100 rounds drums.

Comment

I have one hell of a time finding good ammo here. It's all bought so rapidly... No one can keep any ammo on the shelves, it's gone as soon as it's stocked.

I can ask my grandfather to load some 147 grains for me. I know the last batch of "125" grain I bought from him was a little hotter than usual when I tested a few.

I can get anything from him if I ask. That's his job and has been for 20 years. He goes to gun shows all over and sells his ammo. I used to help him clean brass as a kid with a concrete mixer.

I have tracer 556, & 762. And steel core green tip in those rounds as well from him. That's part of my SHTF ammo to be loaded in 100 rounds drums.
              Order it online. SGammo is a good place. Order small amounts at a time if you cant afford bulk.

Comment

Originally posted by phatdoughnut View Post
                Order it online. SGammo is a good place. Order small amounts at a time if you cant afford bulk.
                I am running out of cans... And Academy Sports just started raping me on the price of cans. I can get them at Bass Pro cheaper now.

I store about 90% of the ammo I buy so I need cans and ZCORR bags which add up to about 3/4 of the price of the ammo purchase. So yeah, bulk is a tuff one for me. Which is where you get good PPR...

I am going to try SGammo here about the 20th of November when I make my next ammo purchase. CTD has done me well but there selection is lacking. Evidently. I need some more plinking 9mm. Damn dirty ol TulAmmo has gotten on my nerves lately.

EDIT... Yeah, I'm liking SGammo already.

I love PMC Bronze for plinking. http://www.sgammo.com/product/pmc/10...in-fmj-ammo-9a
                Last edited by H311RA151N; 10-12-2014, 09:42 PM.

Comment

speer gold dots or winchester rangers are my duty ammo in .40S&W. 9mm is probably good too.

If you find Black Talons, I'd suggest holding onto them for collectors value rather than using them. The only benefit to the Teflon coating was to reduce failure to feed issues.
                  My Car

Comment

palmetto state armory also had good deals from time to time. Shipping sucks to my area but probably good to you. Also aimsurplus.

Comment

Originally posted by phatdoughnut View Post
                      palmetto state armory also had good deals from time to time. Shipping sucks to my area but probably good to you. Also aimsurplus.
                      I bought that bulk of PMC 9mm rounds this morning. Too excited to wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Pandemic View Post
                        speer gold dots or winchester rangers are my duty ammo in .40S&W. 9mm is probably good too.

If you find Black Talons, I'd suggest holding onto them for collectors value rather than using them. The only benefit to the Teflon coating was to reduce failure to feed issues.
                        I registered on www.weaponscache.com by the way.

Comment

I registered on www.weaponscache.com by the way.
                          Good stuff, glad to have ya!
                          My Car

Comment

I registered as well, can't get the activation email to work though.

Also, I have some new stuff coming soon for the pap, can't wait!

I wish I could trade my heart for an extra liver, just so I can drink more and care less.

Comment

Originally posted by Pandemic View Post
                              Good stuff, glad to have ya!
                              Looks like a pretty nice forum.

What's your UN on there by the way? Just so I know a familiar name.

Comment

Armadillo I shot this morning. Let the dogs out and they found him quick. I always have my 9 on me at the house so I was able to get him before he got away. Don't want him tearing shit up like the last one did. I get one about every year. Shot him 5 times running from 15 feet or so, once he got to the building I unloaded 5 more into his neck and through his head to kill him. Wish I would have had better placement to minimize suffering but I did my best. He was alive about 5 or 6 seconds after the initial shot. Not too much suffering if any at all.

Using a beater Taurus Millennium Pro 9mm. My house gun. I'm hard on my around the house guns. Lay on it under a car, drop it every now and then. Mow with it. The typical stuff. It'll kill stuff which is what I need it to do.

Last edited by H311RA151N; 10-16-2014, 12:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X