Vaportini Anyone? (Preferably 21+)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vaportini Anyone? (Preferably 21+)

So has anyone tried "drinking" the less traditional way? The new vaportini is available for 30 bucks. Before I made the purchase I built my own contraption to test the affects. Besides the crazy harshness and the horrible taste/feeling at the entrance of my throat (used Bacardi light rum, probably a bad choice), it is super interesting. I vaporized 4 shots and proceeded to inhale and hold it in over the next 20 minutes. My stomach feels fine, but I feel mega buzzed. Like I would feel after drinking for an hour. All and all though, I think I'll pass. I don't think I like it. But I guess it's a low calorie option for those who care and no crazy shits or torn insides the next day.

Anyway, anybody try it? Recommendations for a better experience?
    '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Never heard of it until now, seems like too much work. Rather just kill a case with the guys.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
    It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

It really isn't any work. You pour in a shot, put a candle under it, and get it in you're bloodstream instantly. I'm on the wall about it. It was weird to feel it instantly and have no taste. But actually inhaling the rum at least was unpleasant. I've seen a vapor bar before, I'm sure they have it figured out a little better.

Comment

I guess if you just wanna get drunk

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

It sounds like an alcohol enema...get drunk quick type thing. I'll just use everclear

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Don't fucking do it, it's REALLY bad for your lungs and is a great way to get alcohol poisoning.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
            Originally posted by Stephen Fry
            'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
            Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Well no kidding, you have to regulate!

Comment

seriously, it's dumb as shit.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

I don't see why it's "dumb as shit". I was trying to invite a mature conversation here. It just has a faster response than drinking it. Doesn't mean I'm going to throw a bottle of booze on the stove and start sucking. People are doing in bars, it's not like it's a frat party trick. Apparently it's an eastern European tradition to pour vodka over coals in a sauna.

Comment

i wouldnt do it, you just removed the filtering of your liver from the occasion, theres other ester alcohols that harm you your liver negates. freebasing alcohol is a dumb idea if you look into distilling your own spirits youd have read that you dont want the head or the tail as these initial and finish spirits are the junk and some still make it into the main product.

Comment

You mean like how when you make moonshine you don't drink the first jar?

This liquor store owner was telling me how to make it and he said in India he would use the first jar to fuel his motorcycle.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

Comment

Originally posted by illinois_erik View Post
                        i wouldnt do it, you just removed the filtering of your liver from the occasion, theres other ester alcohols that harm you your liver negates. freebasing alcohol is a dumb idea if you look into distilling your own spirits youd have read that you dont want the head or the tail as these initial and finish spirits are the junk and some still make it into the main product.
                        I know all about brewing, in my family we make beer, wine, and whiskey. I used a thermocouple to regulate the temperature. And correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm fairly confident that the manufacturer filtered out the "head and tail" before they bottled it an put it on the shelf.

Also I'm not asking whether it is right or wrong, I was asking if anyone had done it, what their experiences were, and if they had suggestions for a better experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Quashish View Post
                          You mean like how when you make moonshine you don't drink the first jar?

This liquor store owner was telling me how to make it and he said in India he would use the first jar to fuel his motorcycle.
                          exactly..its all the nasty volatile solvents that are just part of the distillation process, the tail will have some heavier crap solvents and mash particles

Comment

Originally posted by domesticated View Post
                            I know all about brewing, in my family we make beer, wine, and whiskey. I used a thermocouple to regulate the temperature. And correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm fairly confident that the manufacturer filtered out the "head and tail" before they bottled it an put it on the shelf.

Also I'm not asking whether it is right or wrong, I was asking if anyone had done it, what their experiences were, and if they had suggestions for a better experience.
                            thats cool, got any good meade recipes?
                            I havnt done it as common sense dictates that its probably a bad idea and fad I might try it with some triple distilled corn whiskey..but id still be nervous its a straight shot to the brain bypassing the filtering capacity of the liver.

Comment

I love mead, I never thought about making it. A friend of mine does, I've never looked into it, and he says a good batch takes about 2 years. So they have 10 different batches aging. Well the alcohol is filtered by the liver through your blood. When you inhale it the alcohol get to the blood quicker. When you drink it the alcohol is absorbed into the blood through your whole digestive system. Your liver still does it's job the same, you just absorb it quicker. You're not bypassing any "filtering". You also won't end up with the extra stuff coming out the next morning.

Comment

Working...
                              X