LosiRacer2 : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The G-Man View Post
    My offer to come help still stands, but I don't think I could make it out there until after the 2nd week in December, and this semester is over.
    yeah I was hoping to get it in during november sometime....but I currently have to wait ANOTHER week b/c my parents are going outta town and I'll be left w/o a car for sometime, so I can't have that happen...and miss school possibly.

member's ride thread
    93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
    99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
    91 Accord SE 176k
    97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
      yeah I was hoping to get it in during november sometime....but I currently have to wait ANOTHER week b/c my parents are going outta town and I'll be left w/o a car for sometime, so I can't have that happen...and miss school possibly.
      That is not good.
      Gary A.K.A. Carter
      [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Man I wish I had my H out. I'd do the tensioner, timing belt, replace all the seals, pistons, gaskets, shoot oven cleaner on the block, clean it up, put the bisi spacer in, pull the power steering stuff out, replace lines, dizzy, etc.

If you can wait, get EVERYTHING replaced. Seriously. Anything you do now gives you that much longer before you have to do it the hard way - in the bay.

You should buy new mounts, too. The accord mounts are just not strong enough to hold the H like they hold the F series. I don't care what anyone else says. I'm calling it how I see it with my situation, and I don't know anyone who actually likes to make more work for themselves.

Comment

thats stupid ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

no matter what u do to the car it will always break is a nature of things
          theyre 16yrs old cars

just do whats necessary and forget bout the super little stuff

the engine is 35-60k u dont need to be changing pistons or HG at that time
          please
          Originally posted by deevergote
          Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Originally posted by PR CB7 View Post
            thats stupid ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

no matter what u do to the car it will always break is a nature of things
            theyre 16yrs old cars

just do whats necessary and forget bout the super little stuff

the engine is 35-60k u dont need to be changing pistons or HG at that time
            please
            What I said was stupid? You think it's stupid to do all the work with the engine out? Since you're obviously one of those people who doesn't know how to read a post and THINK before responding, I'll repost for you:

"Man I wish I had my H out. I'd do the tensioner, timing belt, replace all the seals, pistons, gaskets, shoot oven cleaner on the block, clean it up, put the bisi spacer in, pull the power steering stuff out, replace lines, dizzy, etc."

That means, if I had MY engine out of my car that is what I would do to MY ENGINE. I don't even know why I need to clarify.

Belts, tensioners, gaskets (leaking gaskets) and anything that will be a lot easier to replace before the engine is in the car, I strongly recommend. As far as the engine history you don't know anything about what the engine has gone through before he got a hold of it. It's about prevention. That's all.

Comment

well replacing ALL the gaskets I'd like to do would cost about 375 bucks. So the ones I NEED to do would be about 150 (t belt, H23 manual tensioner, maybe balance belt if I'm gonna leave it on or not idk yet.)

But I truly believe that this engine only has 35-40K miles. The block is cleaner than mine, and mine just went to the machine shop, so it looks like nothing was leaking at all. Oil pan gasket is clean, underside of engine and trans is bone dry.

member's ride thread
              91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

It doesnt matter what it looks like. Imagine how pissed off you would be to swap it in and 2000 miles down the road snap your timing belt or blow the head gasket. Do it right the first time. If you cant afford to do all the gaskets at once, then dont bother until you can.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisfrom1986 View Post
                  It doesnt matter what it looks like. Imagine how pissed off you would be to swap it in and 2000 miles down the road snap your timing belt or blow the head gasket. Do it right the first time. If you cant afford to do all the gaskets at once, then dont bother until you can.
                  yeah i just ordered that tool from amazon.com, that honda crank removal tool. Apparently NO ONE has it in AZ. So til it gets here, it's just gonna sit

member's ride thread
                  91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
                    yeah i just ordered that tool from amazon.com, that honda crank removal tool. Apparently NO ONE has it in AZ. So til it gets here, it's just gonna sit
                    Mine was made by bluepoint. Got it off of a snap-on truck. Moroso also makes one.

Make sure you get a breaker bar from Sears. I destroyed a snap on breaker bar using it with that tool.

That and a good 6' length of gas pipe ought to do it.
                    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Silly Honda making their engines spin counter clockwise. I always starter bumped my Supras crank pulley bolt off.

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
                        Mine was made by bluepoint. Got it off of a snap-on truck. Moroso also makes one.

Make sure you get a breaker bar from Sears. I destroyed a snap on breaker bar using it with that tool.

That and a good 6' length of gas pipe ought to do it.
                        haha well, i HAD a really nice breaker bar, but my dumb ass left it in the JY, so now someone scored a free craftsman 24inch breaker bar. I got one from Harbor freight though....luckily they're only 2 miles away from me, so if it does break, i'll just get another one.

member's ride thread
                        91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

So I decided to use this guy to help me swap my H22 in. I found him online, and he knows Bisi personally, so that helps. A dude from Cali, has about 10 yrs experience working on Hondas/Acuras and just recently got into Nissans and Drifting. Idk if any of you Cali guys have heard of his shop, Cee's Autotech? well he looks legit, even though he's doing it outta his garage. Just moved to Anthem a couple months ago so he's still trying to find a place for his shop.

But in the mean time, these are the few parts I'm going to be adding when I do my swap since he had them available and is gonna include them for a STEAL along w/ the swap.

^^Skunk2 Cam Gears for the H22

^^AEM Fuel Rail, I may not need it know, but its good for future potential, plus it looks TIGHT

But expect the swap to be done w/in the next week/week and a half or so. Just need to get parts and stuff.
                          He's even going to relocate my Batt. to the trunk, and do my powersteering rack as well. I'm glad I found this guy. He's even allowing me to help, so that reduces the cost of labor by a lot, not to mention the experience I'll gain from doing it.

^^^Nology Hot wires....since my old wires are probably original from 1993.
                          Last edited by Losiracer2; 08-15-2017, 03:55 AM.

member's ride thread
                          91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Nice! Now I'm definitely not racing you anymore.. haha

Comment

nice ,dude your car is comming along nice

Comment

Originally posted by mj213 View Post
                                Nice! Now I'm definitely not racing you anymore.. haha
                                i've only got an Automatic hahahah

Originally posted by cb9tuner View Post
                                nice ,dude your car is comming along nice
                                yeah, hopefully in a little more than a week's time, it'll be all swapped in and ready to excite! hahah

member's ride thread
                                91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Working...
                                X