Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Project Coupe Lx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Project Coupe Lx

It was time to say good bye to the ol rust bucket. And hellooo miss coup. I loved the sedan but there was so much rust on her from jersey it would of coast way to much in body work. So I was in the market for a shell when I came across this Lx with some extras that I couldn't say no to. Fogs, skunk2 coilovers, arm rest, hasport motor mount and a couple of other things. Being that this was my daily I only had the weekend to swap the motor and tranny from ol rusty. So I was in a rush and cut corners here and there. its not perfect but im happy with it for now. Let me know what you guys think.

Spray Painted the bay

and valve cover

Got rid of the clears and went with amber

Painted the rims white

Last edited by cb7h22sleeper; 10-03-2015, 12:00 PM.

Great job man , car looks waaay better now. Just the way I like it clean and simple.

MRThttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=84102 93se h22/t2t4

Comment

Originally posted by laz93se View Post
      Great job man , car looks waaay better now. Just the way I like it clean and simple.
      Thanks bro. Yeah i dont like anything too crazy, now i can focus on making more power

Comment

Very nicely done. Overall appearance is nice and clean. Great work!
        ~Nick~
        FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
        MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Nice job, looks great!
          MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Looks great! The pictures made it look really easy

Comment

Thanks guys. I had alot of help from cb7tuner. The amount of info on here is ridiculous.

Comment

love it looks great nice job bro

Comment

Simply WOW, looks so nice and i absolutly dig the blue bay..The rims really compliment the coupe very nicely..Thank you for sharing this build with the CB community.

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

I asked about the wheel size in the other thread because I wasn't sure whether I was looking at 17s. Last time I remember seeing 18s on a CB they looked way too big for the car... and that was on a wagon, which really needs the bigger diameters for visual balance. Coupes especially exaggerate the size of certain wheel designs, but yours dont really look out of place. It honestly surprised me. So nice choice there. I'm also really digging the white, it's a color the sedan and wagon dont pull off as well imo.

Must be fun to have a new car that's so clean and has H power right away!
                    Last edited by CyborgGT; 10-08-2015, 02:43 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
                      I asked about the wheel size in the other thread because I wasn't sure whether I was looking at 17s. Last time I remember seeing 18s on a CB they looked way too big for the car... and that was on a wagon, which really needs the bigger diameters for visual balance. Coupes especially exaggerate the size of certain wheel designs, but yours dont really look out of place. It honestly surprised me. So nice choice there. I'm also really digging the white, it's a color the sedan and wagon dont pull off as well imo.

Must be fun to have a new car that's so clean and has H power right away!
                      Thanks im glad you guys dig it. I've noticed that the 18s looked bigger on the coup, but after painting them you dont notice that much and it really put the car together. Think ill rock this look for a while and get some light weight 17s in the future. Oh I had my share of fun with the H when it was in the sedan lol. But now it looks pretty while im doing it lol.
                      Last edited by cb7h22sleeper; 10-08-2015, 11:54 AM.

Comment

I like what you did with the bay. The wheels look good as well. Especially at that height.

My only suggestions would be to ditch those obnoxious HIDs (or add projectors), and replace those garbage coilovers with something safer!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                          I like what you did with the bay. The wheels look good as well. Especially at that height.

My only suggestions would be to ditch those obnoxious HIDs (or add projectors), and replace those garbage coilovers with something safer!
                          Thank you. I like the HIDs personally, but would jump on some jdm one pieces if I ever had the opertunity. Why would say you that these coilovers were any less safe then say some fnf type 2. Which seems to be highly recommended. What would you recommend to the safest and best all around suspension? Thanks again and I appreciate your input.
                          Last edited by cb7h22sleeper; 10-09-2015, 01:40 AM.

Comment

Skunk2's coilover sleeves are essentially no different than any generic $30 sleeves you can buy on eBay. Skunk2 is not a suspension company. The shocks they sell to go with their springs and coilovers aren't even valved correctly to handle the spring rate and height. They are unsafe, poorly made garbage. Only sold and "respected" because they have the Skunk2 name on them, which is a shameful move on Skunk2's part. Skunk2 never bothered with Accords anyway.
                            Do you happen to know what shocks you have on there?

As for F&F... they're popular because they're relatively inexpensive, and everyone SAYS they're popular. Personally, I'd rather buy my suspension components from a company that actually engineers and manufactures their components, rather than simply ordering them from some unknown factory in China or Taiwan in their choice of color.

As for the HIDs, you may like them... but oncoming traffic does not. HIDs in stock housings produce a LOT of glare. It's annoying to younger drivers that get blinded by them briefly. It's downright dangerous for older drivers that actually lose their nightvision for a few seconds after being subjected to that glare. I've been in this scene since I was 21. I am now 35. Not old... but when some ricer with HIDs in stock housings blinds me, I can't see a damn thing for the next 30 feet or so. Even when going just 25mph, that's enough time to hit a pothole, a dog, a deer, or a pedestrian. I can't imagine how much worse that would be if I was 50. Or 65.

Comment

Good input bro. Ill have to do some research before upgrading the suspension. I feel you on the HIDs, ill look into something safer. I got my first cb when i was 18, this will be my 3rd now that im 30. I learned through trial and error for the most part, but this site has been a big help.

Comment

Working...
                              X