Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

$3,500 in a f22a1...your thoughts on results?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$3,500 in a f22a1...your thoughts on results?

Where can I get numbers wise (Hp and 1/4) with that kinda money in a 1993 DX 5 Speed Sedan?

search bar buddy. its a wonderful thing. look at things that interest you take your time and research or otherwise you will most likely regret the things you bought or would have seen something you would have much rather bought. if you had to have my opinion look in to boosting and a good tune. do you want a reliable, driveable quick car? or do you want a fast car you will only be able to drive at the track?

Originally posted by wed3k
    are you serious? thats like blaming the rubber because you didn't get the right size for your dick.

Comment

Mainly track. But a little reliability won't hurt. Man i have searched for a few hours on here, and I get plenty of swaps and turbo setups and numbers and foreign part numbers and etc.... Im a past mini trucker so didn't do much with engine, BUT I do know a bit about the cars by searching. Im looking for advice from others. Im looking for a mid 13's car....and obviously a turbo is gonna get me there quicker and cheaper. Stock block, built head, forged internals and boost? Just looking for setups in that dollar range!

Comment

Originally posted by Judy5150 View Post
        Mainly track. But a little reliability won't hurt. Man i have searched for a few hours on here, and I get plenty of swaps and turbo setups and numbers and foreign part numbers and etc.... Im a past mini trucker so didn't do much with engine, BUT I do know a bit about the cars by searching. Im looking for advice from others. Im looking for a mid 13's car....and obviously a turbo is gonna get me there quicker and cheaper. Stock block, built head, forged internals and boost? Just looking for setups in that dollar range!
        A good place to start for a reliable boosted F would be closer to $5k.
        Originally posted by Mishakol129
        Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

If you're serious about dumping that kind of money into the stock engine, look up HondaFan81.

Here is a thread that tells you what he has done and for how much to make about 152 HP

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...light=Hondafan

Maybe that will persuade you to rethink your plans.

Comment

Ok, now I'm getting somewhere. Mid 13's reliable is gonna cost more than planned. This is kinda what I'm after.

Comment

stock block, forged internals, and boost is definitely capable of doing 13s. just dont do it on stock interals because they will break. the pistons wont hold boost and you will break a ringland.

look into the dsm turbo setup. it uses parts from the older mitsubishi eclipse. the turbo kit itself can be built for under 1000. another option is treadstone.com for a decent turbo kit. dont trust ebay kits. its not worth the money.
              1000-1500 on the turbo kit.

internals will be 800 or so. plus gaskets, bearings, seals, belts, and other parts needed for putting the engine back together. bisimoto.com is a good place for internals. installation will cost if you cant do most of it yourself. machine work for the block is the only thing you should have to pay for. everything else can be done with the right tools and some patience

a tunable ecu with all hardware might run you 500 or so. tuning varies. a dyno tune is best but a good street tune will work. dont run untuned or on a basemap or you will blow the engine.

Comment

Cool build. But what a waste for 152hp? I think I would have went with a swap as well, but this is what I'm talking about. Whats the best bang for your buck in this motor. I don't have to use the motor, or tranny, just the car is preferred obviously.

Comment

Thank you Dani for answering questions, that sounds do-able. Stock block, forged internals, nice turbo setup and a good tune by a shop. I would really like to see 13 flat. Im going up against my brother in the future in his WS6, I'm gathering info now and plan on starting fall. Im cutting out HOURS of time by just asking quick questions and learning parts.....

Comment

hondafan81s red build was a waste. the old stock bottom end gave out. if he replaced the internals and went higher compression he probably would have made more than that. if he used a better header he would have done even better.

his white build seems to be hidden or deleted now but that was the serious one. i think thats making over 250whp na. it also has at least 3x the planned budget in this thread.

Comment

stock block with forged internals should hold about 250whp if everything is done right. maybe more but i wouldnt push it. 250whp if you can put it to the ground will get you where you want to go. if this isnt your daily driver then you can do other things like drop some weight. its already a dx so its the lightest model. dump the ac if you have it. dump the cruise control. take seats out when racing.
                      an old member 2point6 ran a 12.8 with 250whp from an na h22a. car was like 2600lbs
                      track times will depend on other things too though. tires, gearing, suspension. its not all engine. especially in a fwd car. if you cant put the power down its useless.

Comment

amazing how much money people will put into just a motor and only get that out of it. This is why i started this thread. Well other than to test out the site (I think I'm gonna go premium) I wanted to see if it was even doable before I purchased turbo stuff, internals, etc and then realized hmm...this isn't going to work.

Comment

Im gonna assume a N/A H22 with 250hp will be above my budget? The wife and I purchased the car 3 years ago as our first, and of course over time we have nicer daily cars and its just turned into a 3rd car for backup if needed. I hate to sell it I love these cars they last forever and are super reliable, so I figured maybe making it into a toy for weekends would be a good idea. It will force me to keep it!

Comment

an h22 only makes about 165whp. to do that swap right costs 1500 at least. doing it with an f22a is more interesting.

a stock f22a1 with 20 years wear makes like 100whp. adding over 50 percent is pretty impressive with minor headwork, bolt ons, and a stock block.

na is very expensive to do properly. so is turbo, but not as bad. if your goals are moderate like 250whp then you should be able to do it within your budget

Comment

yes true, but boring. I would much rather put the money where the numbers are rather it be swap, vtec, turbo, etc...

Comment

Working...
                              X