Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Need pointers on Neptune tune please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need pointers on Neptune tune please

Sorry for the non-cb7 question. This is about my 01 crv b20z motor I built and recently had tuned. I no longer have my cb7 but after spending years here cb7tuner is still a huge go-to I trust!

Anyway, had a very reputable shop tune it with Neptune. I've already contacted the shop multiple times and they promised me a new chip with slight modifications but I haven't received it yet plus I'm now finding great difficulty in getting them to communicate with me now. I live 3hrs away from them so I can't just drop by.

It made great power and runs amazing.....when at normal operating temps and normal driving.

1. On cold starts it runs very rough...definitely miss firing or horrible detonation, probably miss firing, this is at 1k-1.5k cold start idle rpms. If I use accelerator and hold rpms at 2.5-3k for a minute it operates normally after that. But start it up with no throttle input and it will either miss like crazy at 1.5k OR shut back off. After it's warm it idles perfectly even with a load (A/C, headlamps, etc).

2. If I run to the grocery store and shut it off after it fully warms up(drive 25-30 minutes) THEN shop for 30 minutes and come back it will not idle without throttle input. Idles very low and fights to maintain and quits. I have to hold throttle to get revs 2-3k for a minute or so before it operates normally again.

3. On any off-throttle deceleration below 3.5k rpms, regardless of gear and mph, the engine jerks pretty bad.

Am I correct in thinking I shouldn't be having any of these issues with my tune? Any of you tuners capable/willing/have a clue how to adjust the tune parameters to remedy these drive ability issues?

Thanks a lot!
    My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.
Working...
X