Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

DSM or LOG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DSM or LOG

which could serve a DD purpose better and were can i find one for my f22a4.

Originally posted by !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i am guessing which ever one is cheaper...

wicked screen name btw
    DEVOTE

Comment

A DSM manifold is essentially a Log manifold. The other your probably thinkin of is the tubular manifold which is more pricey but is better than the normal log mani.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

what are you trying to do????turbo the car
        Dont drive faster than your gaurdian angel can fly

Comment

Originally posted by !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          what do you mean DD?

Its a freaking manifold! what difference does it make?

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by mickey_601
            what are you trying to do????turbo the car
            No Im trying to turbo my a manifold thing is DSM seems like more maintance han a standard kit. *sigh* If I could get a 'yes it is' or a ' "Xbrand" Log works' it 'd be great.

Comment

how is it more maintenance? its a fucking piece of metal! there is no maintenance.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

huh??? your last post didnt make sense. You can run a DSM setup it requires some drilling for it to fit. Search and it will tell you what is needed.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                I piss off people for fun.
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                  how is it more maintenance? its a fucking piece of metal! there is no maintenance.
                  I need some thing durable and I dont want to comprimise a/c. OH and Ive read that log manifolds tend to last longer so I dont want tubular since they can crack and have to get rewelded.

Comment

Is OBX a good brand ?

Comment

OBX is a knockoff brand. Always has been.

If you don't want to compromise AC, you're going to have to spend some money. Most standard turbo manifolds won't allow for AC.

Do this. Look at your car. Figure out where you want things to go. Then find a manifold that puts things where you want them to be. If you can't find one, have one made. If you can't afford that, then either compromise, or change your plans.

If you want AC, search through the Member's Rides section of this board and find some turbo guys that have it. See what they're running. I don't know of any myself.

As for the DSM manifolds, you can get new aftermarket replacement DSM manfolds on Ebay, so you won't be running a cracked junkyard piece.

After asking questions like this, are you ready for turbo? Will you tune it properly? Will you spend the money on a properly sized turbo, instead of a hairdryer?

Comment

Dude i really dont think you're ready for a turbo. I can see the next thread now..."do i mount the turbo on the intake or exhaust?"

SEARCH!!!

"...B*tch got out the car lookin more like Freddy Jackson"

Comment

Originally posted by onyx10
                          Dude i really dont think you're ready for a turbo. I can see the next thread now..."do i mount the turbo on the intake or exhaust?"

SEARCH!!!
                          That's actually quite rude. This is the Beginner Forums, after all. Help, or don't say anything at all!

Comment

Originally posted by onyx10

SEARCH!!!
                            Im not popping off with a list of parts. Am I ready for a kit hell no, but Im ready for advice. From there I can piece on together thanks to you fellas.
                            I'll take deev's and look at where I'll need the wastegate, where the compressor will be,and where I want the down pipe. Any other parts or objects I might want to run to/away from?

Comment

I dont want to cheap out on fuel tuning or exceed the limits of OE not only that but I want to keep a/c. Pointing that out it seems like a small effecient turbo at low boost would be a better option than a DINOSAUSRSNAIL with out a tune.

Comment

Working...
                              X