No announcement yet.

K24/k20 Cb7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22sparkle: I was much younger when I had the H22 swap done and hadn't done much research. The guy that actually did the swap for me turned out not to have as much knowledge as I was told in the beginning. So the actual process was stressful and the motor blew very shortly after it was done. He told me it was completely fine to run a chipped P28 ECU on a basemap. Definitely learned my lesson, but want to go a different route this time.

HenRoc: AWESOME INFO!! I definitely appreciate it! I've been doing more and more research and making some phone calls over the last week (a good bit to some of the companies you've mentioned) and I've put together somewhat of a plan..

HASPORT PERFORMANCE
    K Series Mounts for CB: $550
    K Series Axles for CB: $444
    Wiring Harness for K24 (must provide orig harness): $350
    DC Sport Exhaust Manifold: $380
    TOTAL: $1,724

AFH K PARTS
    RBC Intake Manifold & Gasket:$250
    03-07 Accord OEM Shifter Cables: $120
    K20 RSX Type-S Oil Pump Kit: $260
    OEM K Swap Radiator Hose Package: $65
    TOTAL: $2,419

DRAG CARTEL INDUSTRIES
    OG 2.2 Endurance Cams: $995
    Supertech Pistons 11.5 or 12.5:1 CR: $450
    Supertech Dual Valve Springs & Retainers: $370
    Cartel Cam Gears: $400
    K Tuned Fuel Rail: $150
    TOTAL: $4,784

HYBRID RACING
    70mm K Series Throttle Body: $420
    TOTAL: $5,204

MISC
    K24A/K24A2 Motor: $1200-$1600 Shipped
    APG6 5spd Tranny: $600
    Ferrea 5000 Vavles: $250
    TOTAL: $7,554

Sorry guys I know that was a lot but I had to list it out for myself also. And I didn't even include the engine management in that But I'm definitely gonna stick with this and just take my time. Lot of money but it will be done. I'll be sure to give many updates.

Comment

Most definitely take your time .

Comment

you should look around on k20.org. lots of good k series info there. you shouldn't have to do any port and polish headwork due to the good flow. later.
        Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Jon aka Fatman88 aka jonhonda on social media. He does have the k24a2. He also kept the original k series 5 speed. Yes only 5 gears in the MT. He opted for the 5 speed so he can turbo the car later on. That's his final goal.

Look him up on instagram, jon honda. He can help you out.

Comment

Thanks for all the help and support you guys!! This site has been a huge success with all of my CB7s Looking at the finances, time will definitely be taken with this one. Expecting a year total time probably.

PS: TypeG, I'm not sure if you remember or not but my last CB was the exact same color as yours when I had the H22. We met once at the car show at The Varsity years back. RIP to the H22 and that CB lol.

Comment

I used to work for AFH last summer. Two guys to hit up are Colin and Ryan they're pretty chill guys, actually they're the ones that tried to get me to go the K route but at the time I was in the midst of trying to finish up my H22 swap, which would have been done a lot sooner but for some reason I had an issue almost every other week that summer.

K swaps are starting to pop up here and there in CB realm but it's not as fast paced as the Integras and Civics were.

Good luck bro.
              Henry R
              Koni/Neuspeed
              1992 Accord LX R.I.P
              1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
              Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
              made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

you can swap 6mt gears into a 5mt case.
                COUPE K24

Comment

also, im wondering if we could use OEM rsx axles. the lengths and spline count are pretty similar.
                  COUPE K24

Comment

The axles exactly I'm not sure about.. Hasport just has them under K series and then you select your chassis. It does say that you must use the RSX intermediate shaft though. Btw, I see you're in ATL also. Know of any good Honda mechanics? Preferably one that does swaps also.

Comment

I don't know that I would trust a shop with a custom swap like this into an older chassis. There are just too many opportunities for them cutting corners or butchering some part of the job in order to get it done.
                      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Yeah I definitely don't want it to be a shop. Maybe for helping with installing/servicing parts of the motor but I definitely want a Honda mechanic to install the motor. Preferably one that's familiar with such swaps. And if I'm lucky, one that's familiar with the K series and the CB.

Comment

The K series had a few things going on in the teggies and civics. Its not becoming more noticeable for the cb chasis but then alot of folks aren't putting themselves out there like that with the motors to make it all worth-while.

Comment

I went to a shop owned by former Honda mechanics. Master techs. They said they did swaps before.
                            A week into my h22 swap, they said they were clueless. I had to learn everything and teach them. In the end, it cost me $1,750 in labor to install my $2,400 h22a. This was in 2003, before cb7tuner. By the time my car was smashed last year, I still hadn't fixed all the idiotic shortcuts they took. h22sparkle knows my story. He got screwed the same time I did by a "professional" as well.
                            My advice is this: even if you don't want to find a way to install the engine yourself, learn every detail as if you were going to. That way, you'll be able to tell if your mechanic knows what he's doing. No surprises 2 years later when you learn your transmission mount is held on by a single stud (personal experience there...)

Comment

Yes, definitely. Remember I got screwed with my H22 swap, also done by a "professional". And it doesn't help that I'm in a city why lots of scammers. If I had the room along with the tools, I would definitely give it a shot and learn along the way. But seeing as though I don't, I'll be sure to take not on EVERY single thing that needs to be done and ensure they are DONE.

I've read so many horror stories about people's K24 swap not having an oil passage plugged. Apparently some of the blocks require this, and some don't. So believe me Deev, I'm doing my research and I will know EVERYTHING before this starts. I have a binder full of notes, lol.

I'm also considering having one of the reputable engine building sites for the K20/K24 build me the engine to specific specs, and just have it dropped in. Considering all possible options.

Comment

Been a while since I gave you guys an update, plans have changed a little. As of now I'm aiming for 300whp, motor will be completely built. I currently have the K20z3 head from the 07 SI and here are the plan for it: full port and polish, RBC IM, 70mm TB, Skunk2 Ultra 2 cams, Supertech dual springs and retainers, Ferrea 5000 valves, Skunk2 exhaust cam gear.

Not sure what route I'm gonna take for the block yet. Don't know if I want to purchase all the parts myself and have it built and assembled with the head or if I want to purchase a shortblock already built and have it sent to me.. JBRE has some good deals.

Anywho, this is just a quick update. Still not close to being done and running but I'm definitely working on it
                                Last edited by mjsstanley; 07-06-2017, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X