Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Any help with this guys??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any help with this guys??

Any info would be appreciated as always thank you!!
    Last edited by white92frankn; 05-31-2017, 11:00 PM. Reason: Vague title description

Originally posted by white92frankn View Post
    Any info would be appreciated as always thank you!!
    There's a rooster in your engine. That's your problem!

Seriously, pull that engine code, tell us what it is.

Comment

Where is the noise coming from (other than the rooster in the background)? Is it the fuel pump running again (sounds a bit different than the 2 second prime) when you turn the key to the "start" position? Do you even hear the starter solenoid click? WIll the engine turn over if you short the positive battery cable to the solenoid positive terminal? Time to pull out your multimeter and start tracing circuit for current to the starter solenoid.
      Last edited by Fleetw00d; 06-03-2017, 10:13 AM.
      90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
      08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

The rooster 2.0 didn't even know they released that yet.... '_'

Um well some times I get a bad connection from either starter to battery to alternator or visa versa... What ever those wires are that connects all of them. Check their connections. Clean em rewire them...could be as simple as that... its happened to me and might get lucky to be just that for now...

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
          There's a rooster in your engine. That's your problem!

Seriously, pull that engine code, tell us what it is.
          Map sensor code

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
            Where is the noise coming from (other than the rooster in the background)? Is it the fuel pump running again (sounds a bit different that the 2 second prime) when you turn the key to the "start" position? Do you even hear the starter solenoid click? WIll the engine turn over if you short the positive battery cable to the solenoid positive terminal? Time to pull out your multimeter and start tracing circuit for current to the starter solenoid.
            I knew the rooster would make y'all laugh. But to me the sound is coming from under the dash on driver side. Damn rooster

Comment

But to me the sound is coming from under the dash on driver side.
              My first thought was a failed starter relay especially since you site this location. Try hitting the left side of dash hard with door open while trying to start the engine and see if that gets you anywhere. Of course if it's failed completely this won't work but it may give you a place to start checking...
              My Collection:
              93SE Sedan (Cashmere Metallic)
              00EXV6 Sedan (Naples Gold)
              04TSX 6-Spd Navi (Premium White Pearl)

Comment

In the future, please make your thread titles descriptive of your problem. This forum is intended to be a searchable database of information. Nobody is searching for "any help with this guys?"

This thread would have been deleted if people hadn't already taken their time to offer advice.

Comment

Originally posted by hiptech View Post
                  My first thought was a failed starter relay especially since you site this location. Try hitting the left side of dash hard with door open while trying to start the engine and see if that gets you anywhere. Of course if it's failed completely this won't work but it may give you a place to start checking...
                  Car starts when I tap/hit the key more in into the ignition and it starts.

Comment

Gotta agree with hiptech. The only thing under the dash that gets powered (that might buzz) and involving turning the starter on when turning the ignition switch to "start" is the starter relay. Pull the plug on the relay and jump A to B (both BLK/WHT wires); then try to start it.
                    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Gotta agree with hiptech. The only thing under the dash that gets powered (that might buzz) and involving turning the starter on when turning the ignition switch to "start" is the starter relay. Pull the plug on the relay and jump A to B (both BLK/WHT wires); then try to start it.
                      I don't understand when you say "jump" A to B?? Sorry!!

Comment

He basically just means jump the connectors on the plug to essentially bypass the relay.

Comment

This sounds like the sound you hear when the starter engage motor is stuck but this is coming from under your dash. It sounds electrical, and if it is I'd carry a fire extinguisher in your car from now on.

Comment

I don't understand when you say "jump" A to B?? Sorry!!
                            Use a piece of wire to connect A and B.

Comment

use A Piece Of Wire To Connect A And B.
                              10-4

Comment

Working...
                              X