Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Dyno prep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dyno prep

Hey guys hope everyone is staying safe!! I'm thinking of throwing my car on the dyno for a simple baseline tune. Nothing crazy. But before I go, what parts are recommended? As of right now everything is stock minus a cold air intake. It's a h23a1block and internals with h22 p13 head with accord 5spd. Thank you for your input everyone!! Btw, if you're going to ask why? Is because anytime after 5k, the motor sounds and feels "flat". If this makes any sense.. The motor has just under 8k miles on the rebuild.

big tube header/exhaust, euro r intake
    COUPE K24

Comment

Originally posted by '93CB7Ex View Post
      Yep. She needs to breath.

Comment

Originally posted by '93CB7Ex View Post
        What would be considered a big tube header??

Comment

Properly set your ignition timing.

PLM RMF or Hytech rep headers seem to do well on the H's.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Falling flat after 5k makes me think vtec isn't engaging.
            What engine management are you using? If you don't have something tunable, the dyno will be pointless. I would suggest calling the shop and asking what their tuner prefers to use, unless you're bringing your own expert.
            You'll want a wideband o2 sensor at the very least.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              Falling flat after 5k makes me think vtec isn't engaging.
              What engine management are you using? If you don't have something tunable, the dyno will be pointless. I would suggest calling the shop and asking what their tuner prefers to use, unless you're bringing your own expert.
              You'll want a wideband o2 sensor at the very least.
              I'm using a chipped p72 I think. If vtec isn't engaging will a harness from rywire or monotech work? As I get the feeling the harness isn't spliced right. Also the vtec wire is going straight to ecu

Comment

You can get a harness from Rywire, I'm not sure about Motec. There should be 2 wires going into the ecu, and 1 wire going to ground. There are multiple write ups on the forums. Just take some time to search them with google. You'll get much better results.
                MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
                  You can get a harness from Rywire, I'm not sure about Motec. There should be 2 wires going into the ecu, and 1 wire going to ground. There are multiple write ups on the forums. Just take some time to search them with google. You'll get much better results.
                  Cool so two wires from vtec solenoid to ecu and a third to a ground?

Comment

Is your check engine light on for any reason?

Comment

Is your check engine light on for any reason?
                      Map sensor cel code. When I plug in map it won't start. When car is running, I plug in map it kills the motor and shuts off??

Comment

Yeah, it's in limp mode. Get it running right before you even think about putting it on a dyno.

Comment

Yeah, it's in limp mode. Get it running right before you even think about putting it on a dyno.
                          That's where I'm stuck deev. Should I start with having a for sure 100% functioning harness?

Comment

That would be a good idea. Getting a p13 might be good as well. Not totally correct, as there is no such thing for what you have, but as close as you'll be able to get. Troubleshooting an engine with a chipped ecu only adds to the headache.

Comment

That would be a good idea. Getting a p13 might be good as well. Not totally correct, as there is no such thing for what you have, but as close as you'll be able to get. Troubleshooting an engine with a chipped ecu only adds to the headache.
                              The ecu is fairly priced. But I'd love to invest in one of the rywire or nanotech harnesses but pricey AF!!

Comment

Working...
                              X