Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

CB3 One-piece headscratcher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CB3 One-piece headscratcher

I've been searching off and on for 90-91 one-piece JDM headlights for a couple years now(ebay, parts sites, etc). Occasionally a set will come up right when I can't possibly justify the expense for one reason or another. I've also entertained the idea of buying one side and then the other, but then I realized something odd. I've never seen one for the left side by itself. I see the right side occasionally but I honestly cant remember seeing a left. Is it just me? Are they all in some lost sock dimension somewhere? What is the most elusive part you've tried to find?
    Last edited by Harriers Wake; 11-15-2017, 05:10 PM.

oem coupe visors. i have 3 sitting here lol.
    COUPE K24

Comment

Gotta pay to play. Took me 7+ years to find a good set of one piece headlights. The ones in great condition are now going for $500. Start saving.

Comment

It's sad really, soon almost anything OEM is going to be a unicorn, but that's what I get for coming late to the party. I had a CB growing up and wanted to mod it, but I never sat down and planned anything out. Now that I'm in my 30's with a fairly midrange quality '90 coupe to work with (also a very extensive plan) it's like watching the ocean dry up around me/us. As for the headlights, it'll happen someday and hopefully they turn out as well as yours. It's one of a couple of things that has to be on the car before its finished and I won't take no for an answer.
        Last edited by Harriers Wake; 11-16-2017, 10:15 AM.

Comment

I've seen a few sets on a FB group, but they were from across seas and were very expensive!

Comment

I've bought and sold dozens of sets... they've only gone up in price to the point of completely unaffordable in whatever condition you can find them in (most are rubbish these days).

What is happening right now is kind of an oddity as it was explained by a friend from New Zealand and one from Malaysia. About 7 years ago most of the CBs and other vehicles around the same age were being scrapped due to repair costs, better MPG newer vehicles, etc.. This flooded the market with a lot of parts from well running and maintained vehicles.
            Fast forward to today, those who are still driving the older cars are still needing/wanting good used parts, but there aren't as many well maintained older vehicles to pull the parts from. So only really worn out vehicles of this age are being seen in most scrapyards, thus they've already kind of been cannibalized to some degree or another. Again this was told to me by two people who run repair shops... seems plausible, but who really knows.

Reason for seeing the right side headlight more-so than the left? Probably just the odds. Might be more left sided fender benders than right...
            If you run across a set or one by itself in good condition for less than $150 a side, grab it. They sure as hell aren't going down in price these days.

Most elusive part I've ever gone looking for is the Si-T badge. Damn near impossible to find...
            Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

The freakin power folding mirrors. I can’t believe they are over $300 a set plus $80 shipping on eBay. I’ve had pfm’s on my cd Accord and my is300. Never paid over $200 for a set. Even preludes and integras are still cheap. The cb’s are ridiculously priced. There’s a ton of other things I could do just to my cb with $400 before I need the pfm’s but damn do I want em. More than I want one piece headlights too.
              5 studded & leather clad - Praise The Lowered

~Mark~

Comment

I'm in the same boat, I want one piece headlight and PFM's only they are both fairly expensive for the cost of other things I can do to the car with the same money.
                MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

I use to want the one piece head lights but after enjoying the fact that I don't have to worry about my headlights oxidizing and the cost of them made me stick with the normal glass headlights
                  ~Nick~
                  FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                  MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

I think one of the next best options for those of us who haven’t had the opportunity to obtain the one piece lights is the jdm/edm single bulb corner lights with the usdm headlights. If you open the corners and black house them along with the same on the headlights you can come up with a very similar look as the one piece lights. The price is definitely less lol. Here is the example on my car:

One thing I would recommend is to use a black paint pen and paint the edges of the cover lense before gluing the pieces back together. When I get my hands on another set I will do this. It should help disguise the visible separation between the corner and headlight.

~Mark~

Comment

I'm also surprised that carbon fiber hoods haven't dropped in price yet.

Comment

One of the hardest things I've had to track down yet is a good passenger side air bag for the 1993 Sedan SE dashboard. I just checked eBay though and of course there is 1 available right now.

Comment

I’ve seen two of those SE dashes complete in pap before. I’ll keep an eye out for the air bag & harness.

~Mark~

Comment

I've run across 5 total 1993 SE sedan's now, but none of them had a good airbag in them. Honda doesn't sell them anymore, so they are a truly hard to find piece.

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
                              One of the hardest things I've had to track down yet is a good passenger side air bag for the 1993 Sedan SE dashboard. I just checked eBay though and of course there is 1 available right now.
                              why would you want a 25 year old air bag?

Comment

Working...
                              X