Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

2 DR DS Window information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 DR DS Window information

I finally bought my CB7 last night!!

The DS window doesn't roll down, the handle just spins. I took the door panel off and took all of the parts out and the little gear isn't attached to the shaft that the handle attaches to so I guess I need the whole assembly.

The window is also missing the sliding keeper thing.

Does anyone know the technical names for these two parts?
    Last edited by Chevsica; 10-13-2012, 05:43 PM.
    Originally posted by deevergote
    That is exactly why pork chops don't taste like chocolate!

I'm confused as to what exactly isn't working for you. Can you take pictures and post them up?
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
      I'm confused as to what exactly isn't working for you. Can you take pictures and post them up?
      The window will not go up or down. When I grab a hold of the window crank handle and turn it, nothing happens. The crank handle itself is not stripped, and neither is the metal shaft that the the handle snaps on to. There is a small gear attached to that shaft that turns the big gear that raises and lowers the window, I need the name of that whole assembly that sits inside of the door.

Unfortunately it started raining here, so I had to put everything back together quickly and did not take any pictures while it was out. I will take a picture of the missing window "keeper thing".

Comment

it's a window regulator.

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...ry5=DOOR+GLASS

You can try the salvage yards and pray you get one that works or you could order one from Rockauto, they seem to have decent prices on them. I think there is even a discount code for them in the beginner's offtopic section.
        Last edited by Leung; 10-13-2012, 06:47 PM.

Comment

you might be able to find one in the j yard.note the 4dr ones do not work on the coupe.

my new turbo build

Comment

Piece that is missing.

And one of the car.

Comment

It's probably #1 in the diagram i showed you above.

Comment

what does it do ? my glass does not have that .
                this was put together by evil_demon_01 . You can also fined all this and more by him in the Common Beginner Technical Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST

Not this one though.1990 to 1993 accord fuel psi .

Car safety checks

Diagnose a Check Engine Light (also S/D4 transmission error codes)
                How to Set Base Idle Properly (F22ax, F22bx)
                Cheapest Suspension Setup to Lower Your CB7

Fluid Capacities

Comment

It's a coupe-specific guide pin and it can be ordered as a kit from Honda to replace the missing one on your car.

Like Leung said, your original issue is the regulator. You'll need one from a coupe at the junkyard or you can buy one on eBay or at a parts store.
                  My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I thought it was the regulator, but every time I look it up it comes up with the power window version so I was second guessing myself. Thank you all for your replies.

Comment

For anybody else that might be searching this topic.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...window+pin+kit

http://www.dormanproducts.com/p-2267...520Pin%2520Kit
                      Last edited by Chevsica; 10-14-2012, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X