Spc rear upper control arm question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spc rear upper control arm question

I found some threads on here about the Spc rear upper control arms, but my question is regarding the adjustment. There are two styles, curved and straight. The curved ones show jam nuts on either side of the adjuster. The straight ones don't appear to have any jam nuts. I wonder if that is one reason for the difference in price. Can anyone confirm this? I've never seen any in person, just pictures, and half the pictures say they may not be of the actual part.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

They both use locknuts. The curve one is just designed for more extreme camber adjustment angles.
    _______

This arm corrects rear camber problems on the rear of these vehicles by replacing the existing upper rear arm with this turnbuckle design. Camber is adjusted easily by loosening the locknuts and turning the center adjuster. This arm can be used on vehicles with stock ride height or on vehicles lowered up to 1 1/2 inch. Arms comes complete with a ball joint.

This is a just generic image being used on some sites

but here is what it looks like

This arm is for the specific purpose of correcting camber problems on vehicles that have been lowered up to 3 inches. The unique design allows for camber change without interference problems on lowered vehicles. Arm comes complete with a ball joint.

from CB.JOEYG
    Last edited by Tishock; 03-25-2013, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Thank you! Exactly what i was looking for and much more. I appreciate the help, now I know for sure that the straight ones will serve my needs.

Comment

If I won't be tucking my wheels, would the straight one's suffice? i'm aiming to have a finger gap in the rear.

H&R Super Cup Kit (H&R Sport Springs for Accord 90-93 with KONI shocks)
        blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Comment

SPC claims that the straight design is for cars lowered up to 1.5"
          The "bent" arm is for drops over 1.5", its helps with better clearance.
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
          From their site.....
          "These arms correct rear camber on stock ride height vehicles and vehicles that have been lowered up to 1.5 inches with an adjustment range of -2.0 degree to +3.5 degree. 67065 comes with a non-directional ball joint preinstalled. (Extreme drops - use 67265, the bent arm)
          Rear Adjustment range: Camber -2.00 degree to +3.50 degree Installation time: .5 hr/sideRequired: 1 per wheel"

Project:Black Skittle

AOM->April 2014

MRT->http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199779

Comment

So I was considering the straight ones, figured they were good enough and could save some money, but then I thought of autocross. I throw the car through some sharp corners and regardless of my drop, those corners can really load up the suspension on one side or the other. I think I'll go with the bent ones to be safe.

Comment

Got the bent upper control arms, installation was a breeze, my wider tires don't rub the wheel wells anymore when going over large bumps on the highway, and I have to say I'm quite satisfied. Well worth the money!

Comment

I don't have issues with the straight ones at all after several years. Maybe one finger gap and wide wheels and.wider CL rear lower arms. If you are tucking I would go with curved, anything bigger than no gap should be fine as long as you aren't on cut springs or anything stupid that will bottom out real hard.
                My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

Yea i have the xtreme angle ones on both my coupe and my wagon, Love them. Got my camber dialed in at -1.5*. The fresh bushing and the new balljoints feel great too especially coming from worn out rear arms like mine were

8 Accords so far:
                  '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
                  '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
                  (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

Comment

Working...
                  X